Champion Hurdle 2014

News alert News alert. Melodic Rendevous wins the Champion in gruelling conditions.

We are all fooked.

MBE coming your way Grass for your hard work and Trojan efforts on here in educating the miscreants and Walter Mitty types working diligently on the harbour side.

Annie won't run.

Ricci will take his lead from Mullins, who will confirm she is a no-hoper against Hurricane Fly (Ruby will correctly remain loyal to the champion). He will then convince Filthy that the World and Aintree Hurdles are there for the taking, and that she can have a crack at The Fly at Punchestown.....in a not too dissimilar fashion to the way he campaigns Quevega in the spring.

Ricci will sign-up to the plan, and Hurricane Fly will win the Champion Hurdle pulling a milk-float.

Pish easy. :lol:

Annie Power will run as Ruby will tell him she has no chance against Big Buck's - just before Sam TD is "re-routed" to Celestial Halo

Annie Power will run as Ruby will tell him she has no chance against Big Buck's - just before Sam TD is "re-routed" to Celestial Halo

Ruby didn't ride him in the Cleeve, so he effectively doesn't know sh*it. In receipt of a half-stone, he'll be happy to take his chance on the mare. Besides, Townend a more than able replacement.

This thread is pure gold. Fishwives taking the fishermans bait.

Can't wait to see the fall out on here after the race.

For what it's worth I can't see any of the Irish reversing the form. Cooper is a big miss for OC but even with his assistance he still wouldn't have beaten the fly. TNO looks the one who might have the engine to beat him but his hurdling will have to improve.

Soundly trounced
the beaten man
warily offered
his shaking hand
to the victor
of the bout
from the start
there was no doubt

That he would fall
this day it seemed
a shame for all
who'd come to see
The Champ reclaim
his title belt
one more time
they all felt

The Champ had won
so many times
you had to know
there'd be a time
when along would come
a newer face
knock him down
take his place.

Thanks for the memories HF

I just sang that out loud to the tune of Jesus Christ superstar.

Last edited:
The roar of the bookies who laid Hurricane Fly. The smell of FEAR from the crowd of backers.

The roar of the bookies who laid Hurricane Fly. The smell of FEAR from the crowd of backers.

Fishwives have no comprehension of THE FEAR. They are merely victims of a condition that they don't understand.

Rest easy, though - the cure comes in 6 weeks time.

6-weeks-to-go.jpg

Granger I think your prediction of this being the greatest CH thread ever has come to fruition, What a hoot it is to come home every night and find you lot at it hammer and tongs again!

Just so you know after damaging flirtations with
Peddlers Cross
Binocular
And Grandouet
I am finally on the good ship Hurricane (That's if you will have me of course)

Granger I think your prediction of this being the greatest CH thread ever has come to fruition, What a hoot it is to come home every night and find you lot at it hammer and tongs again!

Just so you know after damaging flirtations with
Peddlers Cross
Binocular
And Grandouet
I am finally on the good ship Hurricane (That's if you will have me of course)

It is more an Arc than a ship, fonz, and there's room aplenty for all. We will ride out the wave and weep heart-felt salt-tears as the remainder of the croans damn their own hides, as they are dashed against the quayside.

Last edited:
All screams and yelps will be ignored. Those who refuse to see the brilliance of the champ, who scorn his every step, who make excuse after excuse,will meet there maker.

Hell hath no fury, like a hurricanes scorn

It is more an Arc than a ship, fonz, and there's room aplenty for all. We will ride out the wave and weep heart-felt salt-tears as the remainder of the croans damn their own hides, as they are dashed against the quayside.

:lol::lol:
Excellent stuff

Your good ship lollipop arc is going to sink without trace . No betting survivors found. All hope of a return to profit presumed lost at sea.:p

Back