Champion Hurdle 2014

You said he got tired.. The poor baby.

He had a good prep at Xmas and you use a tired argument to defend him.

Hurricane extended, our Conor didn't.

I hope he slept well after his little excursion.

The Course and distance didn't suit him either , I forgot to add that. He needs his sleep he's a growing lad.

New here too and safely aboard the unsinkable ship Hurricane Fly.

Find it amusing that horses already with more defeats at 5 and 6 than the Fly will retire with are put up as serious contenders.

Find it amusing that horses already with more defeats at 5 and 6 than the Fly will retire with are put up as serious contenders.

Good man, Big Tea. :cool:

Our missionary-work down by the quayside can be quite challenging, as the fishwives are often inclined to chatter gossip through what's left of their teeth, rather than listen to what's good for them.

Do not allow yourself to get too frustrated, no matter how ridiculous the arguments put forward. All fishwives suffer from THE FEAR, and can therefore already be considered to have diminished responsibility.

Hurricane Fly has met with two defeats in the last five calendar years.

Our Connor and Jezki have met with two defeats each in the last five calendar weeks.

Harbourgeddon is coming.

Last edited:
The big difference this year is the challangers to his crown.There's at least 6 that will push him to his limits at different stages of the race.In previous years maybe there were 2/3 with a squeak.
I'm telling you all now that I would cry with emotion at the sporting achievement of The Hurricane if he were to win . If he hits the front and powers away I would roar and shout him home( I've put him in multiple small stake win exotic bets.)
I would raise a pint and toast him as a truely great 2M hurdler of recent years. This would be his finest hour in a proper Chamionship GD1 hurdle.
I will wish him well in defeat.

A couple of layers have priced up the Contenders Hurdle:

Un De Sceaux 4/7
Melodic Ren' 15/8

Is the Mullins horse definately coming over?

The big difference this year is the challangers to his crown.There's at least 6 that will push him to his limits at different stages of the race.

The Fly in the ointment or the Jewel of the Nile, whatever your view one things certain, as Billy Ocean would say "when the going gets tough, the tough get going"

The big difference this year is the challangers to his crown.There's at least 6 that will push him to his limits at different stages of the race.In previous years maybe there were 2/3 with a squeak.
I'm telling you all now that I would cry with emotion at the sporting achievement of The Hurricane if he were to win . If he hits the front and powers away I would roar and shout him home( I've put him in multiple small stake win exotic bets.)
I would raise a pint and toast him as a truely great 2M hurdler of recent years. This would be his finest hour in a proper Chamionship GD1 hurdle.
I will wish him well in defeat.

If you can name six threats to HF, without me soiling myself with laughter, you will win a scented candle.

THE FEAR

A couple of layers have priced up the Contenders Hurdle:

Un De Sceaux 4/7
Melodic Ren' 15/8

Is the Mullins horse definately coming over?
the only thing mullins has said in public since his last win was that the red mills hurdle was the plan.

Chef, I can't tell you how disappointing it is to see a man of your calibre indulging in quayside gossip.

Head for high ground and avoid harbourgeddon.

PS. Fishwives are now officially barred from using the word 'FEAR' or any related bastardisation of same, in future posts. They don't understand the context in which it applies to this thread (how could they - they're fishwives?) - and only the righteous of the Arc are permitted to use it going forward. :cool:

For each a road
For everyman a religion
Face everybody and rule
For everything and rumble
Forget everything and remember
For everything a reason

You got the fear

Dessie Hughes in today's Weekender Stable Tour,
Our Conor
"I expect him to carry on improving as he came on a lot last spring and we have strong hopes for the rematch, particularly if the ground is a bit better. He acts on soft ground, but it was very soft on Sunday and his best form is on quicker. Also the course at Cheltenham will be more suited to Our Conor, whereas Hurricane Fly is exceptional at Leopardstown. It has certainly teed it up great for Cheltenham and I am quite confident that we can do it. We have trained him for the one big day and fingers crossed he will be spot on."

Hi All,

New to the forum today. New fishwife for you Grasshopper.....

I've backed HF last 3 years in the CH. So I'm defiantely not blinkered...... And have absolutely no FEAR. I'm just in the camp that thinks he won't quite get there this year.

That image of The New One powering up the Hill in the Neptune last year is vividly etched in my memory.

Champion Hurdle 2014 Result:

1. The New One
2. Our Conor
3. Hurricane Fly

Welcome, doublehandful.

Frankel will show you where to collect your shawl, clogs and net-darning kit. :cool:

Last edited:
I reckon it's going to be a 1 day festival for all of you HF fly fans making the trip over.
You'll have done your brains after he gets turned over and will disappear with emtpy pockets and your tails between your legs!
incidentally, I think a fair few of you come from north of the border and for some reason a Scottish themed bar will be opening in town before the festival.

Last edited:
Hi All,

New to the forum today. New fishwife for you Grasshopper.....

I've backed HF last 3 years in the CH. So I'm defiantely not blinkered...... And have absolutely no FEAR. I'm just in the camp that thinks he won't quite get there this year.

That image of The New One powering up the Hill in the Neptune last year is vividly etched in my memory.

Champion Hurdle 2014 Result:

1. The New One
2. Our Conor
3. Hurricane Fly

Oh no

Beating two DOUR stayers for toe in the neptune will be the cause of your downfall

Beating two DOUR stayers for toe in the neptune will be the cause of your downfall

Not one bit worried about toe, speed, acceleration, boot, power, stamina..... Any of that. IMO The New One has all that covered. TNO absolutely murdered ROR for turn of foot at Kempton.

Admittedly my only fear for TNO are the last 2 hurdles... Have to be honest and say he made a mess of the final hurdle last 2 runs....

But for me TNO will go with any gallop or pace that is set and will be there turning in. If he pings the last, He wins.......

Back