Champion Hurdle 2014

When did I say I wasn't backing Hurricane Fly! :whistle:

You are de-facto a fishwife if you give even a shred of credence to any other outcome, Paul.

Smoke me a kipper. :cool:

Did I read you are over for the Festival this year? If so, I will see you in the usual spot in The Plough on Tuesday morning. :ninja:

Binocular is now conveniently dismissed as over-rated, by some of those who now want to talk-down Hurricane Fly's form.

Binocular now bad, Peddlers now bad, Rock on Ruby bad, everything bad, blah, blah fu*cking blah.

Even the organisation that gave Long Run a rating of 182 didn't see fit to ever rate Binocular higher than 168.

TNO and MTOY are already rated over 170.

You are de-facto a fishwife if you give even a shred of credence to any other outcome, Paul.

Smoke me a kipper. :cool:

Did I read you are over for the Festival this year? If so, I will see you in the usual spot in The Plough on Tuesday morning. :ninja:

I am Nick and really looking forward to it after four years away. It'll be The Plough as usual for me too. :cool:

Probably being a bit harsh on Menorah, it was just the fact I didn't fancy his chances at all. Zarkandar lacks/lacked any kind of boot, tho obviously a decent horse.
The similar arguments made against TNO regards the field he beat in the Neptune could have been relevant, until the race at Kempton where he proved he's hardly slow. Unless you think MTOY is a slow boat. I somehow can't see MTOY running over staying trips as you mentioned.

This is it really

Scraping around novice form and performances, which were hardly below standard and ignoring the most recent run, is just a bit desperate

Still believe mtoy ran easily his best race at Xmas given that he settled and travelled far better than before. Tno's credentials are strong. Simple as that

Last edited:
I don't believe for a moment that AP was undecided he was being diplomatic.

Kevin Blake just said on ATR that before Jezki poor run in Irish CH he had heard that McCOy was leaning towards Jezki over MTOY.

I don't think there is any doubt now that McCoy will be on MTOY, but that just enforces the point I was originally trying to make to you Adross.

Act Of Kalanisi

Surely won’t go for this if the ground is on the fast side of soft, in bottomless conditions will only pose navigational problems for the others coming down the hill off the bend.

Annie Power

Really don’t see her taking on the stable mate or any other race at Cheltenham, go straight to Liverpool.

Cinders And Ashes

Could run a good race at a decent price if McCain can bring him back to the form he showed in his Supreme victory, I for one will be monitoring the markets accordingly.

Cotton Mill

Will surely get dropped 7Lb if he flops in the betfair hurdle again, then the Coral cup will be too tempting to turn down. If he runs well then we have found our pace maker.

Grandouet

Will more than likely take up his entry in the Arkle.

Grumeti

Will cause traffic problems has he weakens coming down the hill.

Hurricane Fly

Will track the leaders throughout about as far off as he was in the Irish Champion, will deliver his challenge going into the second last and make them all bust their b0ll0cks.

Jezki

Would make an ideal pace maker four MTOY and probably would be there about at the finish. But I think they will skip Cheltenham and go to Liverpool, the flatter track extra distance and the smaller field should play to his strength.

Melodic Rendezvous

Won’t run unless it’s bottomless, under such conditions he would be a very tempting e/w proposition at the price he is available at now, but less so after halving cause of the conditions. No brainer...

Montbazon

Surely won’t waste a good handicap mark unless he wins the betfair.

My Tent Or Yours

Will wind shield in the peloton, cover the moves made by the Fly and battle all the way to the line....

Our Conor

Will lie handy all the way, looks all over the winner approaching the crest, the pace quickens three out, the top speed begins down the hill, the jockey gets anxious, he begins to falter...the commentator makes reference to Sizing Europe as he paddles sideways across the track up the hill as he falls away. A year too early, a hurdle too far...

Ptit Zig

Will be an also ran then will also run in the county hurdle bossing the handicap for a plot job.

Rolling Star

Will leave any hope of winning this at Newbury as he makes a very valiant attempt to win the betfair.

Rock On Ruby

Will give his connections a head ache..

The New One

If he doesn’t make any significant errors and the jock makes the right moves at the right times he will be the horse that gets Our Conor off the bridle alas finally succumbing to the Fly approaching the last.

Thousand Stars

Won’t run

Un De Sceaux

Won’t run
:whistle::<3::whistle::lol::D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Sizing Europe travelled as well that year as Our Conor will except hopefully OC won't tweak muscles in his hind quarters as happened to SE during the Champion Hdl. Otherwise Sizing Europe would have won easily, just hope Our Conor doesn't have the same misfortune. Barring accidents OC will win .

Sametegal was top weight in a competitive Class 2 handicap today.

He was 30 Lengths behind MTOY & TNO in the GR 1 xmas Hurdle......

Hardly relevant to MTOY & TNO chances in the CH.

If you really want to use Sametegal as a measuring stick...

He was 30 Lengths behind MTOY & TNO in Christmas Hurdle.

He was only 17 Lengths behind Our Conor in Triumph, who in turn was only 2 Lengths behind Hurricane Fly.

So with using that form line MTOY & TNO are 10 Lengths better horse than HF?

suspect if you use that formline literally DH then you might be let down

I absolutely don't and won't use that formula. Above I clearly stated that I think Sametegal's run today and form in general is completely irrelevant to anyone's CH prospects.

Just pointing out that if you want to use today's poor run by Sametegal as a reason to knock MTOY & TNO CH credentials then holes can clearly be picked in that!

Surely the point is that Sametegal has run a few times to roughly the same mark? And even if beaten a bit today... a 30 length beating of that mark is not suddenly "let down form"

If you really want to use Sametegal as a measuring stick...

He was 30 Lengths behind MTOY & TNO in Christmas Hurdle.

He was only 17 Lengths behind Our Conor in Triumph, who in turn was only 2 Lengths behind Hurricane Fly.

So with using that form line MTOY & TNO are 10 Lengths better horse than HF?

:lol:

I absolutely don't and won't use that formula. Above I clearly stated that I think Sametegal's run today and form in general is completely irrelevant to anyone's CH prospects.

Just pointing out that if you want to use today's poor run by Sametegal as a reason to knock MTOY & TNO CH credentials then holes can clearly be picked in that!
as much of a fan as i am of HF and will likely back him (again) to win this years CH you can't pay too much attention to grassy at the moment. he's in full on blitzkrieg mode and will use anything to sling arrows into the enemy camp. :lol:

If Hurricane Fly loses I would like to see Grassy and Granger employ avatars of whoever the winner is until after the National.

And vice versa.

Back