Champion Hurdle 2014

I'm starting to think OC is a bridle horse, wonder what price he traded last weekend jumping the last. So I'm with Maxbet here and he is a place lay.
Also, Baracouda has tipped it, the very same person who said Bob's Worth wouldn't get within 7 lengths of winning last years Gold Cup!
Reckon that it's now a 3 horse race (unless Annie turns up).
TNO, MTOY or the champ, no surprise they are the first 3 in the betting.
I have this nagging feeling that a combination of his jumping and the jockey will be enough to stop TNO.

So, then there were 2 (IMO)

So he can't jump, is slow and has a twitchy jockey. Apart from that I think TNO has a lot going for him.

If you watch the first Leopardstown race and start the clock from whence they start rowing, thats just before they turn into the last bend, you will find that eighteen seconds later Our Conor stops as if shot, he needed the run they said, he'll definitely improve next time.

In the second race they trot round leisure like to a point past where that top speed gallop in the first race started, a relative jog in comparison and the rowing only begins after they have navigated the last bend and straightened up.

But once again exactly eighteen seconds after the rowing starts, Our Conor does what he did in the first encounter, he stops. The Fly to the untrained eye appears to draw away.

The Fly doesn’t draw away from Jezki and CCB because what you are actually registering is an optical illusion, rather akin to the spokes of a wheel appearing to rotate backwards when the vehicle moves forward.

Our Conor comes back to the other two, not as much as in the first race because there isn’t enough of the race left but played side by side the two race are almost identical.

The jockey on CCB stops riding as they jump the last, settling for 4th place until he realises the others aren't drawing away so he punches out and closes on the front two.

Our Conor is the new Harchibald and whats more they all know how to beat him now.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think OC is a bridle horse, wonder what price he traded last weekend jumping the last. So I'm with Maxbet here and he is a place lay.
Also, Baracouda has tipped it, the very same person who said Bob's Worth wouldn't get within 7 lengths of winning last years Gold Cup!
Reckon that it's now a 3 horse race (unless Annie turns up).
TNO, MTOY or the champ, no surprise they are the first 3 in the betting.
I have this nagging feeling that a combination of his jumping and the jockey will be enough to stop TNO.

So, then there were 2 (IMO)

I've tipped OC so that's a negative!:mad: The wonderful thing about that tigger is you're the only one. Yes I do remember posting that about Bobs Worth as I thought that Silviniaco Conti had the beating of him last year and I was wrong re ability to get up and stay on @3M2F.

If you watch the first Leopardstown race and start the clock from whence they start rowing, thats just before they turn into the last bend, you will find that eighteen seconds later Our Conor stops as if shot, he needed the run they said, he'll definitely improve next time.

In the second race they trot round leisure like to a point past where that top speed gallop in the first race started, a relative jog in comparison and the rowing only begins after they have navigated the last bend and straightened up.

But once again exactly eighteen seconds after the rowing starts, Our Conor does what he did in the first encounter, he stops. The Fly to the untrained eye appears to draw away.

The Fly doesn’t draw away from Jezki and CCB because what you are actually registering is an optical illusion, rather akin to the spokes of a wheel appearing to rotate backwards when the vehicle moves forward.

Our Conor comes back to the other two, not as much as in the first race because there isn’t enough of the race left but played side by side the two race are almost identical.

The jockey on CCB stops riding as they jump the last, settling for 4th place until he realises the others aren't drawing away so he punches out and closes on the front two.

Our Conor is the new Harchibald and whats more they all know how to beat him now.

What a load of rubbish

What a load of rubbish

Once again your reasoning is astounding, have you actually took the time to look and clock, observe with race reading eye, or you sticking to collateral.
if you are please explain how Our Conors going turn around the weight difference.

Use the sporting life video form, open up two windows, one for each race. Play them side by side, fiddle around with them until you get them both set to the precise moment they start rowing, then press play. Come back and tell me its a load of rubbish if I am not right.

Ill even make it easy for you, from the moment Our Conor comes of the bridle to the point he cracks is 44 punches of the jockeys arms/head bobs and its exactly the same in both races...he's a short runner....he has very liitle top speed....he stays on the bridle longest.....but I don't see that helping now the cats out the bag.

Last edited:
Once again your reasoning is astounding, have you actually took the time to look and clock, observe with race reading eye, or you sticking to collateral.
if you are please explain how Our Conors going turn around the weight difference.

Oh you're a speed fractions clocker.That explains it . Stick to the flat A/W sprints.

Oh you're a speed fractions clocker.That explains it . Stick to the flat A/W sprints.

That's totally untrue, and quite frankly a lazy answer from a total guesser.

bit of an insult really. it wasn't me who popped one at you about Bobs Worth.

The two Leop races were on different tracks. Irish champion is run on the stiffer track

So on two different tracks run at different paces he shows exactly the same amount of top speed.

Even more reason to think he'll do it Cheltenham

Katchit the last horse to win the Champion Hurdle the season after winning the Triumph Hurdle. First race of the season gets beat 3 1/2L in the Fighting Fifth by Harchibald, 2nd race gets beaten 8L by Osana in the International Hurdle. Come the Champion Hurdle Katchit bts Osana with Harchibald way back. Our Conor is still improving and on ratings needed to. The champ can't improve anymore at his age, Our Conor can and will.

Katchit the last horse to win the Champion Hurdle the season after winning the Triumph Hurdle. First race of the season gets beat 3 1/2L in the Fighting Fifth by Harchibald, 2nd race gets beaten 8L by Osana in the International Hurdle. Come the Champion Hurdle Katchit bts Osana with Harchibald way back. Our Conor is still improving and on ratings needed to. The champ can't improve anymore at his age, Our Conor can and will.

Harchibald was a dog and Sizing Europe had his number

Do you think he will get another second of top speed after 8 weeks, I think they may come up with some excuse to miss this year and weight until he matures a bit more. He will be a force...don't get me wrong.

Most importantly his trainer does. He trained Hardy Eustace so isn't guessing when he speaks. Dessie is quoted as being confident of over turning the form with HF at Cheltenham.

How Gullible are you, every trainer talks their horses up, hardly going to say were going there with no chance are they, he's not going to tell the owner I bought you a dud, and that he's just like his dad Jeremy in a tight finish...

McCoy has ridden a champion, he's fortunate to have two very useful tools to go to war with but all along he has paid the utmost respect to the Fly and his incredible grade one record.

AND SO FAR HE HAS BEEN RIGHT, HUGHES HAS JUST PUFFED WIND....

Last edited:
Heres what he said after the first run...." Im expecting an improved display from Our Conor in the BHP Insurance Irish Champion Hurdle after being encouraged by his comeback run at Leopardstown on Sunday".

"He's fine. I was happy enough he got so close. He jumped the last upsides," said Hughes.

"He didn't have the finest preparation in the world after he got hurt at Naas and was laid up for three weeks to a month.

"You could call it his first run - Naas was a waste of time - so it was a gutsy performance".

"He'll come on for that. He came on a lot from Leopardstown (Spring Juvenile Hurdle success in February) to Cheltenham last year. It's the Irish Champion next time and he'll be ready for it."

Last edited:
I can't make any sense of that Maxbet . Have you lost the plot? Yes McCoy has a choice of Jezki or My Tent or Yours..and? Yep The Hurricane has won 19 GD1 and is the best current hurdler of recent times, agreed and my respect for him is present. If it rides soft to heavy he will win.

This one was even more Bullish...Bullsh1tish

Another intervie10:50am Tuesday 14th January 2014 in Sport .

DESSIE HUGHES insists Our Conor ‘‘couldn’t be better’’ ahead of his second crack at Hurricane Fly in the BHP Insurance Irish Champion Hurdle at Leopardstown on January 26.

The Barry Connell-owned youngster burst on to the scene last season when becoming the most impressive winner of the Triumph Hurdle in recent years.

A minor setback picked up when having a pipe opener on the Flat meant he did not reappear until the Ryanair Hurdle over Christmas, where he conceded race fitness and experience to Hurricane Fly and Jezki.

He nevertheless came out of the race with his reputation intact as despite five year- olds traditionally struggling in the top hurdle division, Our Conor was less than six lengths behind the dual champion hurdler and Hughes expects him to improve considerably for that run.

‘‘He’s 100 per cent, he couldn’t be better,’’ said Hughes, who trained Hardy Eustace to win two Champion Hurdles.

‘‘He was the last off the bridle at Christmas and it was just race fitness that beat him.

‘‘I’ve no doubt that he’ll improve on that.

Back