Champion Hurdle 2014

Bookmakers are betting this race to nothing for good reason. It's currently being bet to 290% at best prices on the place book. Who's the best value to place?

1.75 The New One
1.75 Hurricane Fly
2.25 My Tent Or Yours
2.25 Our Conor
3.20 Jezki
5.50 Un De Sceaux
6.00 Melodic Rondezvous
13.5 Ptit Zig
26.0 Grumeti

Not sure who I would want to back, but I'd be a layer of TNO at the prices. I think you have to take a view one way or the other - is the Irish form is stouter than the English form? - so OC and Jezki would be the ones for me.

Jezki's a holdup horse who's made the running just once in his life - a nothing race run at an absolute crawl, Our Conor doesn't lead and has suspect stamina anyway, and TNO's to be ridden by the jockey least likely to understand the nuance of championship pace.
Good luck with your relentless pace scenario. :whistle:

You really think they are just going to crawl round then sprint for home - I would say good luck with that scenario :cool:

Absolutely no chance this will be run slowly. If there is no pace in the very very early stages then someone will take it up as instructed by certain connections who will want pace. Either way, they go decent pace from the off gradually turning the screw, or someone takes the bullet by the horn and takes it up early.
They have ridden Jezki out the back in slowly run race and that has clearly helped him. Would be no surprise to me to see him make it with OC and TNO for company.
The point regards the stamina of OC is redundant as that will have no bearing on the pace. It will only determine his race after the last.
Your last point regards Sam - is potentially a valid one. Just don't ruddy well panic Sam.
Don't think i'll need luck with my pace scenario :D

I'm leaning towards Our Conor at the moment, and I wouldn't hesitate to back him if Cooper was due to be riding him again, but I'm not convinced by young Mullins. I've also liked Jezki for a long time and I'll probably have him in a couple of E/W Trixies as well.

I suspect if Cooper was riding Our Conor would be ridden positively - Danny 7lb penalty in a pair of britches Mullins however is a sheep jockey IMO and is much more likely to just sit in and hope.

It's manners that you need 'sunshine' you will be feasting on your own words for weeks, when The Fly romps up that chelt hill ;)

You've come to the wrong place. I don't do manners. You get the same treatment as the other flyites, go join the other flies wherever they are circling :)

Just to even things up...

e4ynyqa9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to even things up...

e4ynyqa9.jpg

Nobody said winning this CH was going to be easy. When they round the home turn and approach the Hill, others will sink when dragged into 'Deep Waters'...

TNO will be ready. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail!

What an animal! Great pic trudij

Back