Champion Hurdle 2014

Are you suggesting

a) that in all those races he's won that he's beaten nothing of note? Nothing of the quality he'll meet next month?

or

b) that all his opponents have played into the hands of a slowcoach and let him win by default?

It's one or the other.

Where have I said that? Ofcourse he has beaten good horses.

But on better ground and more strength in depth on a track where he may not be as good as he in Ireland.

Go stand in the corner with the other flyites :rolleyes:

:cool:

Where have I said that? Ofcourse he has beaten good horses.

But on better ground and more strength in depth on a track where he may not be as good as he in Ireland.

Go stand in the corner with the other flyites :rolleyes:

:cool:

You said he wouldn't be able to keep up with the likely pace, which implies he's useless, which in turn implies he's either beaten nothing of note in the past or, if he has, that they gifted him all those races.

It seems from your clarifications that you think it's the latter, that he's beaten good horses but it's because either they haven't served it up to him or because he is a mudlark who always gets his conditions and no one else can handle them. Surely you know this is nonsense.

I shall stand in the Fly corner with pride.

Bravo, Art.

Exposing fishwife chatter is a duty that all good men tackle headlong, for the greater good of humanity, and the evolution of the species. :cool:

Opinions will have to change,but no doubt there will be excuses!!!!
Who do you fancy?

I'm in The New One's camp. While ground conditions and race pace will affect all horses in differing ways, I believe he's best equipped to deal with any ground or any pace - other than a crawl, which is highly unlikely in a CH.

Our Conor is my biggest worry of spoiling the party.

How about yourself?

You said he wouldn't be able to keep up with the likely pace, which implies he's useless, which in turn implies he's either beaten nothing of note in the past or, if he has, that they gifted him all those races.

It seems from your clarifications that you think it's the latter, that he's beaten good horses but it's because either they haven't served it up to him or because he is a mudlark who always gets his conditions and no one else can handle them. Surely you know this is nonsense.

I shall stand in the Fly corner with pride.

I think he is a few pounds below his best at Cheltenham. You know the pace in a Champion is different to that of one in Ireland or indeed 'prep' in england.
I didn't dream his defeat, I didn't dream that Ruby was pushing away on him last year. They don't hand out medals for what you did before. There will be no hiding place, no time for breathers - hence his downfall.

I admire you passion for your beloved. Is a game of opinions after all :cool:

But your getting your arse whopped :D

I've said it before. The horse does not travel well. From Ireland to England. He does not like it. A narky so and so at the best of times. Mullins often quoted saying he'd take a bite of you etc... But i really believe he does not enjoy this journey at all!

This a factor in him not running quite to his optimum previously round Cheltenham. This combined with the fact that he is 10, and 10 year old's just don't win Champion hurdles, is why I think TNO will beat him this year.

I didn't dream that the Fly has won two Champion Hurdles at Cheltenham, at this place where Frankel thinks he won't even be able to keep up.

Not his utter best but his first CH was quite impressive, the next year was a bad race but surely he's entitled one!

Last year he got scrubbed along for position but given his speed he was always going to get there and the way he was travelling coming round the bottom turn is indisputable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grassy, I've explained this before. Could have sworn Ruby was bopping up and down on the fly last year, was being scrubbed along. That was from a 1 man band in ROR who couldn't sustain it. The difference this year is that there is a relay team (Jezki, Our Connor and TNO) out in force to ensure the pace is relentless thus not allowing the fly any chance of getting back in to it.

The evidence is all to clear alas :cool:

Jezki's a holdup horse who's made the running just once in his life - a nothing race run at an absolute crawl, Our Conor doesn't lead and has suspect stamina anyway, and TNO's to be ridden by the jockey least likely to understand the nuance of championship pace.
Good luck with your relentless pace scenario. :whistle:

Jezki's a holdup horse who's made the running just once in his life - a nothing race run at an absolute crawl, Our Conor doesn't lead and has suspect stamina anyway, and TNO's to be ridden by the jockey least likely to understand the nuance of championship pace.
Good luck with your relentless pace scenario. :whistle:

Good points.

Jezki is a famed hold up horse with a final kick - beaten fairly and squarely x2

Our Conor - no bryan cooper, suspected harchi doppleganger

TNO - the Twistys shouting that they were needing to enter a pacesetter for this fellow.

MTOY - he loved the battle up the hill last year

Hurricane is doomed

Our Conor - no bryan cooper,

Agree with this strongly. Cooper > Mullins by minimum 7lbs on this horse!

Someone accidentally removed the tactical part of poor Dannys brain.

I really can see it now... After Danny gets there far too soon on OC he's going to be like hes rowing a boat in sand half way up the hill!

I'm in The New One's camp. While ground conditions and race pace will affect all horses in differing ways, I believe he's best equipped to deal with any ground or any pace - other than a crawl, which is highly unlikely in a CH.

Our Conor is my biggest worry of spoiling the party.

How about yourself?

I'm in the MTOY or yours camp, but think TNO is the biggest danger

Back