Champion Hurdle 2014

One of them likes the uphill finish

Narrows it down further

Hope your not referring to MTOY who slaughtered all bar Champagne Fever up that hill last year, by 4 seconds.

TNO crossed the line exactly the same time as HF if you start timing the country stroll like Neptune hdl at the same point the Champion hdl starts, whats more that (CH) was run for the most part 6 seconds ahead until the pace collapsed due to the crazy pace set by Rock on Ruby.

I dont think ptit zihuatanejo run his race that day.
You're wrong. He had every chance, Melodic smelt blood on the turn for home when McCoy was ejected when front-running on Act Of Kalansi, Melodic actually smashed into the second last but still pulled away handsomely near the finish, would have won by 20 lengths with another 150 yards, imo.

Re-Maxbet- As I say, there' s a percentage chance that the horse might be fine on Gd-St, (showing his class on bad ground to date). His action is not one of a heavy ground horse, he's a gangly type who will be much better in a better race. As for dicking-about, many on here have been given enough rope to hang themselves!

Last edited:
Hurricane Fly 7/2
My Tent Or Yours 7/2
The New One 4/1
Jezki 6/1
Our Conor 13/2
Grumeti 100/1

That's how I see it and what kind of value you should be looking for, anything I can find above that I would consider.

01. Grumeti A King
02. Hurricane Fly W P Mullins
03. Jezki Mrs J Harrington
04. Melodic Rendezvous Jeremy Scott
05. My Tent Or Yours Nicky Henderson
06. Our Conor D T Hughes
07. Ptit Zig Paul Nicholls
08. The New One Nigel T Davies
09. Thousand Stars W P Mullins
10. Un De Sceaux W P Mullins
11. Annie Power W P Mullins

The bottom three won't run that leaves 8, the ground keeps drying out and connections of MR and PZ do as they predicted then we have a 6 horse race.

Ante-post rules e/w on Jezki at 10/1= 3 places... must be some value there.

Last edited:
Hope your not referring to MTOY who slaughtered all bar Champagne Fever up that hill last year, by 4 seconds.

TNO crossed the line exactly the same time as HF if you start timing the country stroll like Neptune hdl at the same point the Champion hdl starts, whats more that (CH) was run for the most part 6 seconds ahead until the pace collapsed due to the crazy pace set by Rock on Ruby.

This is wrong on so many levels it doesn't even warrant a proper response.

This is wrong on so many levels it doesn't even warrant a proper response.

Absolutely brilliant response, where would there be any debate if we all wrote that.

I took the time to do the research and the time to write it, you don't even bother to give it some critique...this is lazy on so many counts...don't really know why I responded....keep it to myself in future..:(

I wasn't impressed with that piece of work by OC .. Hurricane Fly to win The Champion Hurdle.

Back