Champion Hurdle 2014

Incidentally Melodic Rendezvous was beaten 7 and a 1/2 lengths by Champagne Fever over 2m at Punchestown on the Heavy ground that he seems to like.

MTOY was beaten 1/2 a length by the same horse in the Supreme.

Melodic Rendezvous was beaten 7 lengths by guess who.....MTOY...baracouda would get off on this kind of collateral.

They may well run...he will surely go chasing next year.

Yeah I'm loving it. Works out - 1L =0.9lb @2M HVY.
Champagne Fever-169+(170)
My Tent or Yours- 168
Melodic Rendezvous -161.5 +(163) -add 1.5 L for eased.

It was 173

Annie Power has the best rating through her mares allowance and still holds the p+ but she goes up in distance.

When HF gets beaten, Grassy loses the permission to bombard us with this sh1te ever again. Holy cow, it's painful to read.

I think it's harsh to single me out, Bar.

The thread has gone through 51,000+ views, and I'm only liable for 49,000-odd myself.

When HF gets beaten, Grassy loses the permission to bombard us with this sh1te ever again. Holy cow, it's painful to read.

Harsh,
Meanwhile, picture the scene in the north of England, EC1 settles in front of his PC. The screen flickers as he switches it on but soon becomes as constant as its' operator. He leafs through his now voluminous Champion Hurdle notes with an assuredness that only time and reflection can bring.

MTOY - Stats dead against him. No Fighting Fifth winner wins a modern day CH and no surrender monkey that has a higher head carriage than Paris Hilton wins either...next

TNO - ROR the second coming.....and he is an outsider for this year's Arkle. Jumps poorly and will be a sitting duck....no ..next

HF - Mmmmm beaten by ROR who was trained at the time by an unlicenced tweed clad Where's Wally lookalike....Grasshoppers one true love....personal bias aside, is too old and at last has found one to beat him..

Our Conor - Oh yes....the hairs on his neck bristle at the memory of last year's Triumph victory.....the sectionals never lie....EVER....This is the one he's waited for.

He's latest chunk on OC brings the green number on Betfair to 5 figures...

He opens the CH thread on Talking Horses.....scoffs at GH's fishwife rhetoric....... Feels a vague sorrow for the naivety of some of the novice posters...his fingers itch to set the record straight but no......he will take the higher ground.

He calmly turns off the machine and retires for the night......soundly he will sleep, as only the righteous can....:ninja:

My tent or yours gonna be pulled out? All others steaming on bf.

Hello by the way 1st post, been lurking for a while nice forum.

Last edited:
Back