Champion Hurdle 2014

Its a Hendo special to get a better price...

If it is so insignificant why have they even bought it to peoples attention....To stir up the market of course...And to Keep NH at the head of the news.

1.12pm, 5th March - Confirmation Of Entry Stage

Last edited:
Its a Hendo special to get a better price...

If it is so insignificant why have they even bought it to peoples attention....To stir up the market of course...And to Keep NH at the head of the news

Only 24 hours to the betfair market suspension for final declarations..
final decs are sunday. tomorrow will be 6 day stage.

What's really interesting is Ladbrokes haven't moved MTOY from 7/2 for over a month even when Stan James were going a stand out 5/1.

They took their prices down when all the commotion started and haven't put them back up all morning....

What's really interesting is Ladbrokes haven't moved MTOY from 7/2 for over a month even when Stan James were going a stand out 5/1.

They took their prices down when all the commotion started and haven't put them back up all morning....

They've been 9/2 for the past few hours but nothing showing on oddschecker.

Am torn between having a pony NRNB with the Hurricane Fly concession and taking the 7.8 available on the exchanges.

Last edited:
UPBEAT HENDERSON MONITORING TENT
04 Mar 2014

Nicky Henderson believes My Tent Or Yours would be "very, very unlucky" if the foot problem he is thought to have developed earlier in the week leads to his withdrawal from the Stan James Champion Hurdle.

The seven-year-old's Cheltenham Festival preparations received a jolt after it was found he had sustained a wound on his near-fore sole.

Henderson nonetheless remains upbeat the JP McManus-owned My Tent Or Yours will prove his fitness in time for the Champion Hurdle next Tuesday, for which he is available at around the 9-2 mark.

The Seven Barrows handler told Press Association Sport: "It's a little puncture, right in the middle of the sole. It's a bad spot as you can't really put a pad on it.

"It's clean and it now needs 24 hours to harden off, and then we'll see where we are. When we changed his shoe he was in some discomfort, but his shoe is now back on.

"I would suspect there's every possibility he'll have a swim on Wednesday, as opposed to a canter, but that doesn't worry me one iota.

"The good thing is he's done all of his work. He did a nice bit of work on Saturday and has missed nothing.

"These sort of scares happen all the time, and we would be very, very unlucky if this goes on and on (in terms of troubling the horse)."

My Tent Or Yours has already claimed two Grade Ones this term, landing the Fighting Fifth Hurdle at Newcastle before following up in the Christmas Hurdle at Kempton on Boxing Day, when he beat fellow Champion Hurdle aspirant The New One.

He won a jumpers' bumper at Kempton last month to complete his Festival preparations.

What did Hendo say in the RP about Our Conor.

I got a call this evening telling me that he sounded as if he held OC in very high regard.

Not sure exactly what he said in the RP but for a while now Henderson has been fairly vocal in stating he feared Our Conor as the biggest threat to MTOY. The other night at a preview he napped him up but that would be nothing new. I read somewhere earlier that he done the same thing with Overturn for last years Arkle.!!

I'm no expert in training race horses but I presume by now that all the major work would be done with MTOY. He's going to swim tomorrow but nothing strenuous I'd think. Do they still canter daily on the lead up to a big race or when do they ease off? Henderson was of the view that he'll miss nothing so isn't worried in that department. It's just a matter of getting him there 100% now I suppose.

€20k up on Betfair to back TNO at between 3.9 and 3.95 on Betfair. I starting to look ominous that he goes off favourite.

6/4 looks a bet. It's got to be more than 40% that TNO goes off fav.

€20k up on Betfair to back TNO at between 3.9 and 3.95 on Betfair. I starting to look ominous that he goes off favourite.

Are Bet Victor the only bookies with this market Slim? Only one showing on Oddschecker.

Wouldn't put a freebet on TNO!!

If he wins, fair play to him......cannot see it from here

When the Irish win the first two, there will be a hell of a lot of cash for the fly..

Back