Champion Hurdle 2014

€20k up on Betfair to back TNO at between 3.9 and 3.95 on Betfair. I starting to look ominous that he goes off favourite.

6/4 looks a bet. It's got to be more than 40% that TNO goes off fav.

If Vautour wins the Supreme, or Trifolium wins the Arkle, I wouldn't want any part of this bet.

On Twitter this morning...

"Looks like Jezki to wear first-time hood in the Champion Hurdle. Wonder what tactics they will employ with him?"

True but surely you'd be more concerned if it was Champagne Fever that had taken the Arkle ?

Same difference, Lee. Any Irish winner in the first three races will see an avalanche of Euros go onto HF on-track, and his price will collapse.

Agreed but there's avalanches and there's avalanches and if Mullins/Walsh have had the first 2 winners it could be punting mayhem on the Fly...

Although I suppose the recent intrusion of the handicap chase to break up the party for a short while may calm the flurry slightly.

Whatever, we're in agreement that by backing TNO to start favourite it could be argued that you are effectively laying Vautour/Wicklow Brave & Champagne Fever/Trifolium.

It would be a mistake to assume all the money in Ireland will be for the Fly if this forum and the talk at preview nights is anything to go by. Not only is there Our Conor but there's plenty of support for the other contenders too.

I'd already stated that I thought Our Conor could be the danger to Hurricane starting favourite and yes, while earlier Irish winners could result in different horses being punted in the Champion, I'd be fairly certain that TNO would be the last of the bunch that the Euros would go on - based on the connections of the other two (MTOY& Jezki).

Interesting that Mullins says HF needs one more piece of hard work to get him spot on, whereas Henderson said yesterday MTOY has done all his work anyway. Horses for courses I guess.

Mullins is having a fun with the people
Hurricane was not fit first time out this season, but fit for the rest of races , i dont expect any improvement and less in this course.
He is a place lay for me.

Back