Champion Hurdle 2014

Mullins is having a fun with the people

Hurricane was not fit first time out this season, but fit for the rest of races , i dont expect any improvement and less in this course.

He is a place lay for me.

After his second run he said he had left a bit to work on and he had a bruised foot and worked terribly before the third.

If anyone thinks HFs season isn't revolved around this race you are fooling yourselves. Regardless of the end result this is where he will peak for the season, whether it's good enough at 10 against improving horses, 2000+ posts can't decide so roll on the11th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shake up the market, supplement pace maker...and the gamble begins MTOY the McManus plot job

CCB entry is an interesting development, blunts the theory that Jezki will be sacrificed for MTOY, so clearly connections think he can get involved...Other than the ew play on Jezki I still cannot commit to the winner so I will probably leave it at that and just enjoy the race for the great spectacle it is bound to be, though I do hope the Fly makes history, again.

Captain Cee Bee got two jobs this week...firstly he will set perfect fractions for MTOY staying on to finish infront of Our Conor.

Then he'll boss the handicap in the County hurdle for Get Me Out Of Here...

Last edited:
Hope your not referring to MTOY who slaughtered all bar Champagne Fever up that hill last year, by 4 seconds.

TNO crossed the line exactly the same time as HF if you start timing the country stroll like Neptune hdl at the same point the Champion hdl starts, whats more that (CH) was run for the most part 6 seconds ahead until the pace collapsed due to the crazy pace set by Rock on Ruby.

This is wrong on so many levels it doesn't even warrant a proper response.

I have made a video on my Iphone crudely but with enough quality to do, of all three races side by side perfectly showing exactly how I describe the unfolding events, at exactly 14 seconds into it they each cross the large Pale green grass band that cuts across the course together...and after watching it if anyone thinks MTOY wont get up that hill they are kidding themselves.

I cannot upload the vid because its fractionally too big to do so, so if anyone wants a copy just inbox me your email address and I will send you a copy...

Unless someone can get a copy off me and make it upload...

Last edited:
CCB entry is an interesting development, blunts the theory that Jezki will be sacrificed for MTOY, so clearly connections think he can get involved...Other than the ew play on Jezki I still cannot commit to the winner so I will probably leave it at that and just enjoy the race for the great spectacle it is bound to be, though I do hope the Fly makes history, again.

Theory was quite valid a week or so ago, and was more or less confirmed by both jockey and trainer. However, Jezki's very capable in his own right, and you can see the sense in not compromising his own chance. Not sure what to make of the headgear, though.

I have made a video on my Iphone crudely but with enough quality to do, of all three races side by side perfectly showing exactly how I describe the unfolding events, at exactly 14 seconds into it they each cross the large Pale green grass band that cuts across the course together...and after watching it if anyone thinks MTOY wont get up that hill they are kidding themselves.

I cannot upload the vid because its fractionally too big to do so, so if anyone wants a copy just inbox me your email address and I will send you a copy...

Unless someone can get a copy off me and make it upload...

Max
The Neptune was run over a half a mile further and on very different ground to the Supreme, so it's pointless making comparisons over the last 2m of each race. Furthermore, the Champion Hurdle (AIR) was never more than fractionally over 2 secs in front of the Supreme, and the notion of a pace collapse is complete bollox (not your bollox admittedly, but entirely spurious nevertheless).

Something tells me Un De Sceaux will run in this and run very well. There is more than meets the eye here from what I have heard.

Harsh,
Meanwhile, picture the scene in the north of England, EC1 settles in front of his PC. The screen flickers as he switches it on but soon becomes as constant as its' operator. He leafs through his now voluminous Champion Hurdle notes with an assuredness that only time and reflection can bring.

MTOY - Stats dead against him. No Fighting Fifth winner wins a modern day CH and no surrender monkey that has a higher head carriage than Paris Hilton wins either...next

TNO - ROR the second coming.....and he is an outsider for this year's Arkle. Jumps poorly and will be a sitting duck....no ..next

HF - Mmmmm beaten by ROR who was trained at the time by an unlicenced tweed clad Where's Wally lookalike....Grasshoppers one true love....personal bias aside, is too old and at last has found one to beat him..

Our Conor - Oh yes....the hairs on his neck bristle at the memory of last year's Triumph victory.....the sectionals never lie....EVER....This is the one he's waited for.

He's latest chunk on OC brings the green number on Betfair to 5 figures...

He opens the CH thread on Talking Horses.....scoffs at GH's fishwife rhetoric....... Feels a vague sorrow for the naivety of some of the novice posters...his fingers itch to set the record straight but no......he will take the higher ground.

He calmly turns off the machine and retires for the night......soundly he will sleep, as only the righteous can....:ninja:

:lol:

well..you just cost me 2 hours looking for the hidden camera;)

way too accurate OTB...even our bloss don't know me this well...maybe we should get married;)

Last edited:
Back