Champion Hurdle 2014

That HF figure isn't from Cheltenham though.

I think you could be justified putting a small p beside MTOY. He's a big horse who will get better the more runs he has and a bigger field/stronger pace would suit as well.

MTOY has a high cruising speed and can go from 35-45mph in the shake of a rein, it's why he won't be beaten and will only be liable to the error of his jockeys timing - IF only Richard Hughes could ride National Hunt, it's a tailor made horse.

Reports in the RP today that connections of The New One will run a pacemaker.

JOCKEY Sam Twiston-Davies has confirmed connections of The New One will use a pacemaker in the Stan James Champion Hurdle to avoid a repeat of Thursday's Christmas Hurdle when the exciting five-year-old went down narrowly to My Tent Or Yours.

The New One led three out in the six-runner Kempton event but blundered at the last and was caught by the Nicky Henderson-trained star.

RELATED LINKS
Champion Hurdle betting
The pair head the Champion Hurdle betting at a general 3-1, and Twiston-Davies, whose father Nigel trains The New One and was kicking himself for not saddling a pacemaker at Kempton, is convinced the form can be turned around in a truly run race at Cheltenham.
In an interview in Sunday's Racing Post, the rider said: "Although everyone says there will be lots of pace in the Champion Hurdle that is not a given. In fact nobody can actually name a horse you can guarantee will set a decent pace and, having gone through the main ones with a chance, I certainly can't see one.

"So it would make sense for us to throw one in to make sure there is a gallop on for The New One and so we will run a pacemaker."

Pacemakers are a regular sight in big Flat races but much rarer over jumps, and Twiston-Davies added: "We've got one in mind to do the job and it's all about having as many bases covered as possible."

Makes sense. The similarity to Peddlers Cross is becoming more prevalent.

Hopefully the fly can't break this lads heart too.

10/1 now for OC is an overreaction. he probably needed that and was imperious in his one run at cheltenham as we know.

it's still going to be a fascinating renewal.

Superb professional performance from HF - AP won't want to watch the video difficult to see anything other than he was caught napping . Mark Walsh evidently has never worked for Godolphin or AOB or he would have come off the rail !

Our Conor looked one paced but it was his first run of the season - Danny Mullins is a 7lb penalty compared to Bryan Cooper. Jezki was value for about a length closer but he looks vulnerable to anything with a top class turn of foot at this level .

Once again HF looks the most likely winner of the CH. I fancy MTOY will cause him most trouble .

Last edited:
Back