Champion Hurdle 2015

it was a nice staying run against oppo that any of the main market horses for CH would have eaten.

he had to get put under some serious pressure to plod away from them at the end

133 horse in 3rd..plodding away..a horse that Brampour gave 19lbs and 2.5 length beating to..that form was later worth an 11.5 length beating by ROR in the big one

Last edited:
That will stop the ridiculous comments that he's a stayer with no speed.

Hugely impressive, more so than Faugheen at Ascot. Vaniteux is no mug and would be regarded as a horse with speed. Geraghty loves him.

Last edited:
not for me Maruco..didn't look speedy to me..stayeree..the race was set up for stayin,,not speed

and its over a stiffer test than the CH

as i said..the form is worth buttons re a CH

imo of course

others will see it as very positive outcome.

he did jump well though

Last edited:
FWIW people don't think he is slow, just likely that he will find something pacier than him over two miles come March.

Bang on the button, Granger.
Apart from his jumping being a little tidier today, which it ought to be against this class of opposition, we know nothing we didn't know already.

I don't think today's race told us anything too significant. As EC1 says, the proximity of Olofi in third would be a concern but it may just be a case of a race within a race. The front two appear to have run their ORs to the ounce. I'd suggest it's evidence that Vaniteux isn't a Champion Hurdle contender. Maybe Sign Of A Victory will post a more appetising performance next weekend.

Last edited:
Really don't think it will.

FWIW people don't think he is slow, just likely that he will find something pacier than him over two miles come March.

The same could easily be said of Faugheen though couldn't it? He's been running over longer trips and his win at Ascot was no more impressive than The New One today. I'd also say that Vaniteux was a better opponent than Faugheen faced.

If you take that view then Jezki must be a stonewall for the Champion Hurdle.

That will stop the ridiculous comments that he's a stayer with no speed.

I doubt it. Racing fans are pretty one dimensional for the most part, and once they've decided, they've decided.

I've never signed up to the idea that he's a stayer and I'm not really sure where the notion came from. So far as I can see he has both bases covered and is one horse who does possess a turn of a speed in the traditional sense of acceleration. We've seen him blast away from a few horses now (and get caught back by them) the one thing I'd be most worried by for him is a strong run staying race

Three rock sold horses at the front of the betting and very little in behind. I can assure you one thing its going to be the e/w heat of the festival!

Jezki is defitely the value at his current price.

Mo said it. The only one that could potentially emerge is Sign Of A Victory. It's hard to make a case for anything else unless they do a U-turn with Un des Sceaux.

The same could easily be said of Faugheen though couldn't it? He's been running over longer trips and his win at Ascot was no more impressive than The New One today. I'd also say that Vaniteux was a better opponent than Faugheen faced.

If you take that view then Jezki must be a stonewall for the Champion Hurdle.

It's a case of more so for faugheen.

frankly I cannot believe that anyone watching today's race without preconceived ideas could possibly claim that that was a winner screaming for 2m 4f.

Should be the favourite.

If Faugheen was trained by any other irish trainer, he wouldn't be fav.

I really don't like this as a reason to take on a horse. Yes its factored into the price but for very good reason! His run at Cheltenham last year is enough to have him in the front two in the betting. I like TNO and Jezki because they look bomb proof but Faugheen is unexposed and you can look at that positively or negatively.

frankly I cannot believe that anyone watching today's race without preconceived ideas could possibly claim that that was a winner screaming for 2m 4f.

Anone without pre-conceived ideas probably wouldn't have seen last season's Champion Hurdle.:lol:

Anone without pre-conceived ideas probably wouldn't have seen last season's Champion Hurdle.:lol:

What a strange comment. The one that many believe he would have won if he hadn't been hampered? Probably had all of 12f where he was able to run his normal race. Yes he really did look like a horse who needed a longer test in that race. What bollocks.

Last edited:
I'll just confirm my view on TNO Clive..i don't think i've said he is a 2.5 miles horse..though i may have in all the excitement....i just think he is a slow horse at 2 miles that would benefit from a greater test..so i suppose that would be 2.5..but probably soemwhere in between...he isn't a CH winner imo..and never will be..he's too slow. He can always mop up these egg+spoon 2 mile races that lack top hurdlers

don't forget he was running over the stiffer 2m1 here that gives you that extra 1f uphill to get a head of steam on...and its not like he beat these easy..he was put under a lot of pressure..and the distance he put between himself and the second wasn't done sea pigeon like...it was graft

that 2nd horse looks a touch high on the OHR's..will be interesting to see if he is worth that..but olofi hardly helps..where would he finish in a CH do you think?

obviously many many punters think he is champion hurdle material..hence his price...i'm just not one of em

Last edited:
Was hardly a searching test though EC was it. Turned in to a bit of a dash. With that he did it well enough.

Was hardly a searching test though EC was it. Turned in to a bit of a dash. With that he did it well enough.

i didn't think watching it that they went too steady....zamdy was going at it a bit..but the overall time is only same as earlier novice..might have to look at at it again tomorrow..it didn't really matter anyway as he should have won even if they walked first 5f..it wasn't a hard race to win...but fair point

i didn't think watching it that they went too steady....zamdy was going at it a bit..but the overall time is only same as earlier novice..might have to look at at it again tomorrow..it didn't really matter anyway as he should have won even if they walked first 5f..it wasn't a hard race to win...but fair point

They were all still in it 2 out bar one. At the last there were 4 still in it.

I'll just confirm my view on TNO Clive..i don't think i've said he is a 2.5 miles horse..though i may have in all the excitement....i just think he is a slow horse at 2 miles that would benefit from a greater test..so i suppose that would be 2.5..but probably soemwhere in between...he isn't a CH winner imo..and never will be..he's too slow. He can always mop up these egg+spoon 2 mile races that lack top hurdlers

don't forget he was running over the stiffer 2m1 here that gives you that extra 1f uphill to get a head of steam on...and its not like he beat these easy..he was put under a lot of pressure..and the distance he put between himself and the second wasn't done sea pigeon like...it was graft

that 2nd horse looks a touch high on the OHR's..will be interesting to see if he is worth that..but olofi hardly helps..where would he finish in a CH do you think?

obviously many many punters think he is champion hurdle material..hence his price...i'm just not one of em

ch is run at what distance?

Over a stiff track at a fair pace, he pulled away from a 154 horse (rec 8lbs) who probably needs further himself. Hard to imagine any other short in the CH betting not doing at least equally.

Back