Champion Hurdle 2015

any course, any distance, any ground. Has done it all so far. If the holy grail for WPM is the Gold Cup, he may have kept his best one hurdling

Last edited:
of course..but you need to remove the guesswork beforehand or you haven;t got a clue what is what

there is nothing around at the moment capable of his level..until it appears..you wasting your time hoping for it to under perform...and thats all that can stop it

did you keep looking for something to beat Istabraq?..thats the level you need to beat this

He's not met or ran up to the level Jezki has, yet.
Looks like Faugheen is having one more run before Cheltenham. I hope he runs against something remotely close to Champion hurdle class. Otherwise he will be going in to March taking a big rise in class. Decent ground and decent pace, I will be fascinated to see how he copes with Jezki who will be sat tracking him. If he can take him apart then fair doos. At the moment though he's beaten nothing close of Champion class. Guess work at the moment is predicting just how good he is imo.

you need to confirm that though through other methods..i also think 147 is too high for the novice

that aside..its top notch performance..nothing close to him imo

oppose at peril i think
if you check his timeline with replies he goes through some of the methodology. basically the figs from 2 out are deeply impressive.

He's not met or ran up to the level Jezki has, yet.
Looks like Faugheen is having one more run before Cheltenham. I hope he runs against something remotely close to Champion hurdle class. Otherwise he will be going in to March taking a big rise in class. Decent ground and decent pace, I will be fascinated to see how he copes with Jezki who will be sat tracking him. If he can take him apart then fair doos. At the moment though he's beaten nothing close of Champion class. Guess work at the moment is predicting just how good he is imo.

you seem to be confusing real life with imaginary levels of "class" that don't actually exist..you need to measure horses against yardsticks born of reality..then you know their level..class is just talk that punters dreamt up to measure what they never actually tried to measure in the past..its 70's talk tbh..class horse wins

class doesn't actually exist..its just the ability to run faster longer..you need to measure that,,know what it is..and then compare future horses to it..then you know a pecking order..class is actually just a pecking order of ability

I couldn't back Faugheen at those prices but using Purple bay as an argument to hold down his rating is flawed. A much improved horse this year and whilst he might not be a 161 horse he is better than 151 that grassy is suggesting.

Faugheen is a machine but whenever Walsh is interviewed you can tell he still thinks the fly is at least as good. I reckon the fly will win again this week.

you seem to be confusing real life with imaginary levels of "class" that don't actually exist..you need to measure horses against yardsticks born of reality..then you know their level..class is just talk that punters dreamt up to measure what they never actually tried to measure in the past..its 70's talk tbh..class horse wins

class doesn't actually exist..its just the ability to run faster longer..you need to measure that,,know what it is..and then compare future horses to it..then you know a pecking order..class is actually just a pecking order of ability

Ok Jezki and TNO are not real then. Nothing to be confused about.

Look he's a classy horse. As I said earlier, a sterner test awaits him. Jezki is a cracking price in comparison.

Last edited:
Jezki would have finished 2nd last year had the winner lived..he won by default imo

he's an average winner taking on a new Istabraq..only one result imo

you can have the price for me..its not much good when you looking at an arse 10 length in front of you

Last edited:
I couldn't back Faugheen at those prices but using Purple bay as an argument to hold down his rating is flawed. A much improved horse this year and whilst he might not be a 161 horse he is better than 151 that grassy is suggesting.

Beaten in Galway off 153 and then wins 4L from a 148-rated Bertimont in receipt of 1lb, before he met Faugheen. His original hikesin the weights was for *****ing-up in a Summer Hurdle at Rasen......and it was possibly the most poorly-contested event since its inception. He only looks an "improved horse" if you take a literal view of his proximity to Faugheen, and ignore everything else.

EC, your sectionals - if they make Faugheen as much a CH formality as you suggest - basically put Purple Bay at about the same level of merit as Jezki and Hurricane Fly. It's for this reason that I treat your analysis with scepticism.

tbh i don't care about the place aspect when we talking on here 3 months in advance..i'm looking for a horse that can win the race..if i want a place bet i'll look at the 3.30 at wolves or summat..to me on this thread calling a horse to place is a bit sissy..i like to see people who will hammer their view about what wins..places in a CH on this thread is for pussies

this thread thrives on people taking a stand on the winner..we then chew cud about it for a couple of months..then on the day rub it in if we right..take it on chin if we wrong..thats the thread

all this..ooh i think this is a good ew at 6/1..is fine mathematically..but is as boring as f00k in reality...our cat does place betting prediction for merit on a messageboard..its not hard

Last edited:
Beaten in Galway off 153 and then wins 4L from a 148-rated Bertimont in receipt of 1lb, before he met Faugheen. His original hikesin the weights was for *****ing-up in a Summer Hurdle at Rasen......and it was possibly the most poorly-contested event since its inception. He only looks an "improved horse" if you take a literal view of his proximity to Faugheen, and ignore everything else.

EC, your sectionals - if they make Faugheen as much a CH formality as you suggest - basically put Purple Bay at about the same level of merit as Jezki and Hurricane Fly. It's for this reason that I treat your analysis with scepticism.

i haven't quoted any sectionals..James put a link up..nowt to do with me..take that one up with him...i used 3 methods i value..gives me that figure..i'm happy with it..you will catch up when it blitzes them on the day:)

i like people being sceptical of my findings..it tells me i'm not with the crowd usually..won't get rich here like with this one..but i do like that aspect..in fact if lots of people agree with me i get worried i'm doing an average job:)

Last edited:
no its ok...predicting a placer 3 months in advance is boring

placers are for the what you backing thread...bread and butter on there...this thread is a nail your colours thread..you seem to have done that..Jezki..no probs..the place thing is to me not part of this..its win or die:)

i like people being sceptical of my findings..it tells me i'm not with the crowd usually....:)

You're putting-up Faugheen, which in this case, makes you in the vanguard of the crowd, buddy.

Which is fair enough. Maybe you're right, and Purple Bay is as good as Hurricane Fly and Jezki. :whistle:

:cool:

Last edited:
Back