Champion Stakes

Cirrus Des Aigles runs well enough giving weight to a Group 1 winner and actually drifts for the Champion. Sometimes punting is kind of easy.

Last edited:
Is So You Think an intended runner in this?

The King George form is pretty worthless so Nathaniel looks a very dodgy Fav. The French gelding still a good price for me and I've backed him again.

Is So You Think an intended runner in this?

The King George form is pretty worthless so Nathaniel looks a very dodgy Fav. The French gelding still a good price for me and I've backed him again.

Looks like SYT is an intended runner if betfair is anything to go by.

Fame and Glory flopped in the Champion two years ago after a tough race at Longchamp. It is possible that So You Think may not be at his best at Ascot though he did make quick re-appearences in Austrailia successfully.

I would not be laying So You Think on the grounds of having a hard race in the Arc. .

Cheers IS. I was quite interested in Parish Hall, but am starting to think I may have over-estimated the impending improvement for his break and the fact that he will get his ground.

I will stick to my guns but very surprised at such a large price on him.

Sprint Stakes on Champions Day - quite like the look of Hoof It... his (and of course Bated Breath's) form with Dream Ahead is starting to look a bit special. Whilst Deacon Blues has looked impressive he has yet to produce it against the big guns. Anyone know if he (Hoof It) is an intended runner???

I dont see the form of Dream Ahead in his last runs so bad, in fact
I think he didnt have his conditions and was not at his best

I know - feel like a complete arse!

I was going to reply this morning in a smart way and say "who cares on a Monday morning". Far too early in the week to be having a bet and how many times do I need to post on here that bookmakers will fall over themselves on a Saturday to lay a horse at best price.

Mondays should be spent in the pub telling your mates how shrood/unlucky you were the previous weekend.

I dont see the form of Dream Ahead in his last runs so bad, in fact
I think he didnt have his conditions and was not at his best

Not so sure those weren't "his conditions", his last 3 wins have all come on fast gound.
Possibly a little flattered against Goldikova too, considering distance, pace and ground.

Cirrus dea Aigles is a standout 9/1 now with Skybet - an massive ew bet should he be an intended runner. Are you still hot on him Euro???

I am. Obviously SYT's presence is a worry and I've covered on him rather than feck about each way - but the likes of Midday, Twice Over and Nathaniel are extremely beatable.

Cheers IS. I was quite interested in Parish Hall, but am starting to think I may have over-estimated the impending improvement for his break and the fact that he will get his ground.

I will stick to my guns but very surprised at such a large price on him.
I hope you did stick to those guns...

I'm beginning to think that 12f may be Cirrus Des Aigles' best distance and he might get done for toe in this.

Back