CH Altior
QM Douvan
Ryanair Sizing John
Gold Cup Thistlecrack
Stayers Champers on Ice
Arkle Buveur D'Air
RSA Barter's Hill

Last edited:
Douvan will win the QMCC or the Gold Cup.

Won't matter to him which way they send him.

I haven't got round to thinking Champion Hurdle yet but Altior did impress.

Thistlecrack for the RSA looks likely which a must really as Cue Card is getting on a bit.

Vautour could win the QMCC or another Ryanair which begs the question what will they do with UDS if Douvan sticks to 2 miles.

Unless something comes up through the ranks UDS with some cut has a chance of reversing form with SS who will be a year older,

tbh I have no idea what WPM is thinking and trying to second guess him is a nightmare as where does he run what is mind boggling

Last edited:
I'd campaign Douvan for the GC. Admirable as he is I can't see Djakadam ever winning it as he'll always face something with more toe. Doubts over Vautour ability to stay will persist IMO (and I was in the camp that thought he would) so I'd be looking at the QM for him.
Just my thoughts and I've got no idea what WPM will be thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with that but wouldn't dismiss Djakadam so readily. Everything worked out perfect for Don Cossack on Friday (size of field, ground) and he's unlikely to get those conditions again. If 2017 has a bigger field and more cut I would make Djakadam the most likely winner of the race at this stage.

I agree with that but wouldn't dismiss Djakadam so readily. Everything worked out perfect for Don Cossack on Friday (size of field, ground) and he's unlikely to get those conditions again. If 2017 has a bigger field and more cut I would make Djakadam the most likely winner of the race at this stage.

Agree, but Ruby's still quite keen on Vautour in this, and he's yet to be proven wrong on his stamina for the job.

Altior very good but Faugheen isn't dead yet.

Might be Vautour in Gold Cup and Douvan in Ryanair next year. Leave Un De Sceaux to the 2m, for all that he was disappointing this week.

According to oddschecker racebets are NRNB for the 2017 Cheltenham Gold Cup
It doesn’t state that on racebets site so I am sending them an email to double check

Back