Cheltenham Ante Post Competition 2012-13

The whole thing is very embarrassing. I guess I should keep better track of my records. I mean you rely on other people to do it for you, but maybe that was a mistake. I hadn't intended to take a false price, nor did I know that it could have an affect on my performance in the competition. My only reason for taking 14/1 was over concern for the welfare of my points total in March.

Plenty of other posters do it, I think it is perfectly normal. You would not believe the number of posters who have come up to me since yesterday and said "I am not doing it any more".

Anyway, I fully expect to put the whole affair behind me and I would like to thank my supporters.

A stroke of genius :lol: never knew you had it in you

BTB - I'm not sure we can accept your defence. As for your accomplice, I sugget he be struck off immediately for a pointless amount of time,continue to practice as a "silent" partner and be back shortly as if nothing has happened??

Fab stuff, v funny Bar !!!

£500 e.w. Opening Batsman 12/1 Festival handicap chase.
£500 e.w. The Druid's Nephew 14/1 Centenary Novice Chase.

By order of whichever jurisdiction applies, I command Bar's case be tried in Scotland, where a ready-made 'Not Proven' verdicts awaits those who are guilty, but whose evidence gives us a chuckle along the way.

:cool:

Last edited:
There are still some members with money left for this month, they are -

ArkleSupreme
baldeagle
Hamm
Irish Stamp
Simon
HawkWing
viking
the above all have £2000 left (although some seem to have left competition anyway) and

del boy £1700
Grey £1600
NewApproach £1000
OTB £1000

Mine -

Supreme - Melodic Rendezvous £350 win @ 10/1 Ladbrokes
Champion Bumper - Oscar Rock £350 win @ 20/1 Stan James
Any Race - Sizing Europe £300 win @ 9/2 William Hill

Champion Hurdle: Flying Cross 250 E/W @ 250/1 Victor
Gold Cup: Imperial Commander 1500 Win @ 20/1 Ladbrokes

It's getting a little tight for a prep run, but I'm comfortable that is reflected on the odds...

Coral Cup Pendra 14/1 Boylesports 1500 win
Triumph Hurdle Our Conor 4/1 Boylesports 200win
and a Cotton Mill 150ew champion hurdle at 25/1

The rest of the bets that are still alive are then;
Sir Des Champs 500 win 6/1 Gold Cup
Sir des champs gold cup 400 7/1
Jezki supreme novices 600 8/1 win
300 win sir des champs 5/1 gold cup
400 win un atout 7/1 supreme
Jezki supreme novices 600 8/1 win

Del boy, Cotton Mill is best price 33/1 with BetVictor for the champion hurdle so I've put that on the spreadsheet.

I should have the winner of the notional part of the comp by Saturday at the latest - with the tables of final portfolios hopefully by the beginning of next week.

Still a few hours left for your last bets.

Agreed. Tremendous stuff and thanks to the organisers. Without your eagle eyes crafty sorts like Bar the Bull would be hoodwinking us all.....

BHA take note.

After Grey's confirmation, I'm pleased to announce that DukeOfMarmalade is the winner of the notional part of the competition, the full table of members totals can be seen below.

Well done DukeOfMarmalade - really impressive.

Attachments

• notionalWin.JPG
    notionalWin.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 45
Back