Cheltenham Festival/ Corona Virus?

Off work today and supposed to be studying (for next week!) but this market is fascinating with nearly £2m matched. I'm no great judge of them, but it does whiff a bit of market manipulation with the wild swings

It won’t be off unless we start hitting the 1000s by the weekend. Cheltenham will be safe, rest of the National Hunt season maybe not.

Think Aintree, Sandown and Punchestown all be at risk. Reckon the Cheltenham market could hit 2.5 million by the weekend me, depending how many cases are confirmed by then.

The Premier League has written to all their clubs saying business as usual but has advised all club grounds to increase hygiene stations etc and long term to consider games behind closed doors.

We’re safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A crazy market with £40k/£50k landing in the last half an hour, bringing “no” in from 5.0 to 3.5. Who knows if its someone with genuine info, traders, spoofers, a bookie looking to cover expenses. I’m just hoping it’s not the first one

A crazy market with £40k/£50k landing in the last half an hour, bringing “no” in from 5.0 to 3.5. Who knows if its someone with genuine info, traders, spoofers, a bookie looking to cover expenses. I’m just hoping it’s not the first one

Probably Daniel Sturridge

Some arses on Twitter asking for it to be called off. Too many people coming from everywhere which will cause the virus to spread like wildfire.

I’d call them out, but it only feeds the attention they want. Criminal to call it off anyway, brings in so much economy and luckily that’s what the Tories care about.

They wont be calling off the rugby or premiership games so they cant consider calling Cheltenham off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Market on Aintree to go ahead now on Betfair and opened odds-on :(

Got the Mrs tickets with me to try and get her into racing and sway her into Cheltenham next year. She’s booked in her hair the lot and spent god knows what on an outfit.

This won’t go down well with her

“No” is still 5/2, which looks just wrong based on everything I see and reckon it’s a 6 or 7/1 poke at worst...

It’s starting to feel like my Gary Wiltshire Fujimoto Quest (for those old enough to remember) moment, with exposure already more than it should be, but do I keep hitting the lay button??

Surely the worse case scenario is behind closed doors, so in effect if would still be on for the purpose of your bet Perpetual?

Department of Health says the number of confirmed cases of coronavirus in the UK has risen to a total of 115.

Mark Austin on Sky News just now saying the government are only keeping sporting fixtures going to please people.

In the sentence before that he implied the government aren't representing the public properly by not taking medical advice.

Come on Mark/Sky, we elects MPs' to form governments to make these decisions.

Yes, of course take medical advice but we don't live a health democracy or public health dictatorship just yet.

Surely he see's the contradiction in what he is saying.

Nigel Farage banging on about potential risk.

He doesn't mind sending our economy over the edge once we leave the E.U. That's a risk worth taking I guess.

Ironically, it looks like Corona has done it for him.

Last edited:
On current arithematic (current being the key word), it's about 600,000/1 (115 cases out of a 70,000,000 + U.K population), that you, I, or even my mum get it, Max.

I feel the health dictatorship is working its magic again.

Last edited:
Back