Cheltenham Festival/ Corona Virus?

Premier League Darts in Exeter last night, rammed to the rafters....Everyone kept at least 2'' apart.

Mrs DG and I have decided not to go next week, we've stocked up on the shopping and will be staying in all week. I had a near brush with death from pneumonia twenty years ago and have chest infections two or three times a year whilst Mrs DG cannot fight off infections very well and is in hospital six or seven times a year. With thousands coming here from God knows where next week we are more or less locking ourselves away and will see how the land lies next weekend. RacingTV it is.

If this bet is settled when the tapes go up in the Supreme, it should be 1.01 on Betfair already.

Mrs DG and I have decided not to go next week, we've stocked up on the shopping and will be staying in all week. I had a near brush with death from pneumonia twenty years ago and have chest infections two or three times a year whilst Mrs DG cannot fight off infections very well and is in hospital six or seven times a year. With thousands coming here from God knows where next week we are more or less locking ourselves away and will see how the land lies next weekend. RacingTV it is.

That's a shame, Roger........though to be fair, the thought of four back-to-back duvet-days during the Festival sounds like a pretty good way to spend the week!

It’s horribly ironic that someone who loves racing, lives next to the course and does so much to ensure the very existence of this forum is unable to attend the meeting. It saddens me that the world seems such shite place at present. I hope that you have lots of winners DG and get the maximum out of the situation you are in. More importantly I hope that you and Mrs DG continue to enjoy living in such a beautiful part of the country for many, many years
Good luck to you both

Nice touch, Laurence. Sentiments I’m sure we all support. :thumbsup:

Totally agree. We all love horse racing but the empathy that Tout Seul displays in this post is what we should all aspire to; the rest of it is just noise. I am very sorry that DG will not attend and he does, indeed, add so much to this forum. He's always the first person to post entries and declarations and his passion is evident. I sincerely hope that he has his best Cheltenham ever but that he is back fit and ready to go next year. Also best wishes to Mrs DG.

The squinty eyed lads only like flat racing...

Hear Hear - regarding comments about DG. Nice to see such sentiments expressed here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It must have been a tough decision to make Roger, but it sounds like a sensible one. I feel for you. As much as it’s going to hurt next week health is more important.

Compensation should come in the form of over-indulgence in everything you can think of. :blink:

Back