Cheltenham Gold Cup 2015

there are no obvious conclusions in this game though

obvious and 8/11 don't go hand in glove..obvious and 1/100 might

Sorry mate - disagree.

It is perfectly reasonable to assume that McCoy will ride for McManus in the Gold Cup. Are there any stats available which detail when McCoy has not ridden for McManus in a Grade 1 chase, when the owner has had a runner?

Edit: I should add that in a highly unusual bout of pro-activty, I did look myself but couldn't find anything.

Last edited:
JP was willing to leave AP ride Holywell last year-I would strongly suspect he would be sporting enough to do the same this year.Carlingford has form in Grade 1 company against Grade 1 animals -McCoy will do the logical thing and ride him because he has the better form and out of respect for McManus.

Spot on, Luke - the most important and obvious bit for me is in bold.

Stuff like that matters to McCoy. That's why he has ridden the sh*it that Berry buys, without complaint for a dozen years.

Last edited:
McCoy is a man of honour, if JP runs something he'll ride it unless JP tells him to ride something else.

Sorry mate - disagree.

It is perfectly reasonable to assume that McCoy will ride for McManus in the Gold Cup. Are there any stats available which detail when McCoy has not ridden for McManus in a Grade 1 chase, when the owner has had a runner?

Edit: I should add that in a highly unusual bout of pro-activty, I did look myself but couldn't find anything.

those stats are fine..but they don't really represent this situation with AP retiring

that is what i based my first observation on tbh..any other year he would ride CL obvioulsy..but past stats and rules may not apply now

this AP situation now is more interesting than the race;)

AP hasn't changed his approach one jot since the announcement, so why would those stats no longer be representative?

Last edited:
he wouldn't have to change his approach..its simple..IF H is any good..he might say to JP..look i think H has a lot better chance to take me out on GC winner..do you mind if i ride

thats it really

i'm really bored now with this..we've been at it about AP for about 6 pages..i've got to stop talking about it or i'll shrivel up

Are there any stats available which detail when McCoy has not ridden for McManus in a Grade 1 chase, when the owner has had a runner?

Not sure about stats but he won the JLT with Taquin Du Seuil last year with Uxizandre back in 2nd. That is technically a grade 1, albeit a new one.

He must have done it with Exotic Dance as well, surely. L'ami was certainly knocking around at the same time.

Not sure about stats but he won the JLT with Taquin Du Seuil last year with Uxizandre back in 2nd. That is technically a grade 1, albeit a new one.

He must have done it with Exotic Dance as well, surely. L'ami was certainly knocking around at the same time.
2007 Gold Cup - Mick Fitz rode L'Ami. JP also withdrew Sunnyhillboy so that AP could ride Sir Des Champs 2 years ago.

Frank Keogh (BBC) reporting on Twitter that McCoy has confirmed he rides CL in Gold Cup.

Edit: Beat me to it, James.

Last edited:
I bet Richie is a happy boy right now ( assuming he gets the gig)
It can only be a plus for CL backers to have AP on board but it is no less a positive for Holywell supporters to have Mclernon up.

Last edited:
Would need Bobs Worth to miss race for BJG to come available, so seems unlikely.

Holywell wants to be up there, so needs a good judge of pace. Is McLernon up to the job? And if not, who would be better that might be available?

Djackadam is still pretty good value still. A few shrewdies on here spotted his potential long before me but coming around to him

i have him at 40s but thought that bet was done a long time ago... could easily be involved now

8/11 Looking like easy money now.. Back to the race itself, seen a few talking up Bobs Worth. If the ground is good I'd prefer be holding a voucher on the other Bob of the Boston notoriety. Remember he went to the festival on the back of 2 falls followed by 2 hurdles races last year. The Ryanair was his first completed round of jumping in a while and the trip a bit on the sharp side. But once he regained that confidence jumping, his spring form on good ground after that was top class. I thought he was ridden pretty softly in the Hennessy and I expect him to be a lot closer to CL and the rest in 3 weeks. I can just see him staying up that hill like a good thing..... Pipping Ruby on Djakadam in the process :ninja:

:)

When I saw the headline my first thought was whether Cattermole had heard something on the grapevine and was giving us a heads-up.

It's maybe just guesswork, in which case it worries me that I maybe think like Cattermole (esp since I don't fancy Emma), but then the bit about McLernon not riding [Holywell, not Emma] at Kelso was something even I hadn't thought about.

I wouldn't say I'm mad keen on AP getting the mount. McLernon has been fine. But AP got a real tune out of Hoywell at Aintree.

Can't believe you don't fancy Emma.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Emma carves a tremendous shape from the neck down. She looks like she could be a Lloyd-Webber from the neck up, though.

That's a bit harsh Grassy! Who does DO?

For the avoidance of doubt I'm not putting her forward as the best looker in the world, or even in racing (Francesca Cumani?), but she does have a certain air of filth that I find most agreeable.

Last edited:
Back