Cheltenham Gold Cup 2015

not really but I would prefer it if they didnt look like they had just been freed from Belsen

its all about personality anyway. Used to fancy sadie frost no end. Just my type. Fcking gorgeous. But my god when I heard her interviewed...

tennis players that Russian. A looker but interviewed? Cold . Horrible.

Stephie Graf. So so and I'm nit leggy blonde type at all. But interviewed? Very very nice indeed. Oh yes.. Real spark

Who is left?

Jimmy Krankie??

No, had absolutely feck all to beat once his market rivals exited.

I was a strong race in depth. Even taking out the three - all of whom had questions to answer and might have been false prices - he's beaten last year's winner and the recent impressive winner Le Reve very comfortably.

Bobs Worth having a racecourse gallop at Newbury on Saturday.

"If the ground isn't too bad," said Henderson.:whistle:

Last edited:
I've been over and back on Many Clouds a few times now EC. I think ground is important for him. If it was Soft Like 2013 Renewal I think he has a great chance. If it came up Good like 2014, then I'm just not so sure. I think Sherwood has suggested that proper Good ground could be a problem for him too.

The biggest problem for Many Clouds is that you need to be 110% fit to win a Gold Cup and Sherwood is likely to have him 130% fit and leave his race at home.

I wouldn't be too worried about the ground. Last year in the RSA he was traveling so well he had to be switched a couple of time to stop him jumping into the horses ahead of him.

He seemed to be still going well enough at the back of a bunched field when he was brought down by Don Cossack.....some cut would help but I doubt if it needs to be really soft

Without going back through all 35 pages I just wanted to ask if anyone has mentioned Smad Place and wanted to gather some opinions? I like a horse with festival form and Smad Place has finished 3rd in the World Hurdle twice and finished 2nd in the RSA last year. He seems to go well at Cheltenham but probably needs it good to soft at least. He's rated about 20lb behind Silviniaco Conti and needs to find plenty of improvement but he's only 8 years old and Alan King knows how to get them ready for a festival. He caught my eye last time out against Many Clouds and I feel 20-1 is a big price and can see him at least placing. I have some niggling doubts about whether he'll stay 3m2f but I was encouraged by that effort last time out. Any thoughts?

He was getting 8lbs for Many Clouds so unless he is better suited by the trip than him he really shouldn't have a prayer.

That said Alan King would think nothing of sending him out half cooked and as you cay he can get one ready.

Probably the best outsider in the race

Without going back through all 35 pages I just wanted to ask if anyone has mentioned Smad Place and wanted to gather some opinions? I like a horse with festival form and Smad Place has finished 3rd in the World Hurdle twice and finished 2nd in the RSA last year. He seems to go well at Cheltenham but probably needs it good to soft at least. He's rated about 20lb behind Silviniaco Conti and needs to find plenty of improvement but he's only 8 years old and Alan King knows how to get them ready for a festival. He caught my eye last time out against Many Clouds and I feel 20-1 is a big price and can see him at least placing. I have some niggling doubts about whether he'll stay 3m2f but I was encouraged by that effort last time out. Any thoughts?

There's a button up at the top of the page called Search Thread, and it works. There have been quite a few mentions of this horse.

I wouldn't be too worried about the ground. Last year in the RSA he was traveling so well he had to be switched a couple of time to stop him jumping into the horses ahead of him.

He seemed to be still going well enough at the back of a bunched field when he was brought down by Don Cossack.....some cut would help but I doubt if it needs to be really soft

I backed him in that race. I'm not convinced he was going as well as you're suggesting.

King has admitted Smad Place was short of peak fitness on the day.

To think there was a minor spat on here regarding whether trainers would send a horse to a race as valuable as the Hennessy just for a prep. Since then, we've been told Djakadam, Smad Place, Unioniste and Midnight Prayer all needed the run. Two of them have since hacked up in other big races and the other two will probably win before the end of the season.

It's genuinely hard to imagine Smad Place reversing the form with Many Clouds, especially since the latter has already confirmed it on 12lbs worse terms. I suspect that mroe recent race was Smad Place's Gold Cup.

Last edited:
Gutted, just glanced at my phone on my desk and Ladbrokes offered 6/1 about Silviniaco Conti for 15 mins. One hour ago :(

Since then, we've been told Djakadam, Smad Place, Unioniste and Midnight Prayer all needed the run. .

but who TOLD you?

if i trained those horses..i'd use the same excuse..in fact i'd invent 20 more just to be different

do you believe what trainers say?..i don't

I read on here..trainer says this trainer says that..then many people saying..what trainers say is b0llox most of the time..which is particularly true when beaten in a race

Last edited:
It's genuinely hard to imagine Smad Place reversing the form with Many Clouds, especially since the latter has already confirmed it on 12lbs worse terms. I suspect that mroe recent race was Smad Place's Gold Cup.

But the tempo of the Gold Cup will be so much more in Smad's favour than the Argento, where they pretty much crawled round. Unlike Many Clouds he also has Festival form.

festival form is no good if you don't stay above 3 miles though..which SP patently doesn't to a level required to win this..even over a furlong shorter has 10 length to find with MC

good luck with the project..its a tough one

thats a bit like like saying an 8 furlong horse who has been beaten over 10f every time its tried it ...has never been tried over 12f..maybe there is a good reason for that

it could be 25/1...100/1 or 200/1..it won't make it stay though will it?

Last edited:
Back