Cheltenham Gold Cup 2015

That's a bit harsh Grassy! Who does DO?

For the avoidance of doubt I'm not putting her forward as the best looker in the world, or even in racing (Francesca Cumani?), but she does have a certain air of filth that I find most agreeable.

Body of Sports Illustrated - face of Truckers Weekly.

Emma carves a tremendous shape from the neck down. She looks like she could be a Lloyd-Webber from the neck up, though.

Not really. Way too thin. Probably looks better on tv

Those that work out too much are not usually greatly up for it or much cop anyway I've found

Who does DO?

I'm struggling to think of one. I tend not to think like that. I'll see someone on TV or in a film or in the street and it might cross my mind that they are strikingly attractive, but that's about it.

I used to wonder, for example, if I was the only bloke in the world who found Julia Roberts particularly unattractive. Super actor, but looker? Nah.

Maybe Sophie Marceau in Braveheart and the Bond film?

Generally, I suppose southern European or South American types appeal to me.

Last edited:
Tony McCoy believes Carlingford Lough "has a live chance" when the partnership takes aim at the Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup on March 13.
The soon-to-be-retired jockey also had the option of partnering Holywell in the great race, but McCoy will instead keep faith with John Kiely's nine-year-old, who excelled in the Hennessy Gold Cup at Leopardstown earlier this month.
McCoy blogged on www.thejockeyclub.co.uk: "My final Cheltenham Festival as a jockey is now just three weeks away and I couldn't be happier to say that Carlingford Lough will be my ride in the Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup. So long as trainer John Kiely and JP McManus (owner) are happy with his condition then I will be aboard him on March 13."

Summary: Clive's got the horn for fat chicks.

not really but I would prefer it if they didnt look like they had just been freed from Belsen

its all about personality anyway. Used to fancy sadie frost no end. Just my type. Fcking gorgeous. But my god when I heard her interviewed...

tennis players that Russian. A looker but interviewed? Cold . Horrible.

Stephie Graf. So so and I'm nit leggy blonde type at all. But interviewed? Very very nice indeed. Oh yes.. Real spark

Last edited:
Would need Bobs Worth to miss race for BJG to come available, so seems unlikely.

Holywell wants to be up there, so needs a good judge of pace. Is McLernon up to the job? And if not, who would be better that might be available?

McLernon is some judge of going slow enough on the non-jiggers. . .

Tony McCoy believes Carlingford Lough "has a live chance" when the partnership takes aim at the Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup on March 13.
The soon-to-be-retired jockey also had the option of partnering Holywell in the great race, but McCoy will instead keep faith with John Kiely's nine-year-old, who excelled in the Hennessy Gold Cup at Leopardstown earlier this month.
McCoy blogged on www.thejockeyclub.co.uk: "My final Cheltenham Festival as a jockey is now just three weeks away and I couldn't be happier to say that Carlingford Lough will be my ride in the Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup. So long as trainer John Kiely and JP McManus (owner) are happy with his condition then I will be aboard him on March 13."

The most obvious decision ever. 8/11 that he stays sound was a bit of value.

Slim.. if anyone has backed the 8/11...if CL doesn't run do they lose their money?..or was it on the actual announcement that those odds were based on

The market will be settled on what he actually rides in the race.

not quite home and hosed then

I still believe if H was a GC winner he would be on it anyway..it just confirms to me that AP is happy with CL..and that CL is better than the feel he got from Holywell

but seeing as i'm backing neither..i don't care anymore:)

It's Chinese New Year. These Chinese are very clever, so who better to ask than Confucius:D

Confucius say "When man have unsolvable puzzle, to solve, man must look to sky and there he will find the answer he seeks"

Many Clouds :whistle:

Last edited:
Many Clouds is the only truly improving horse as mentioned a few pages ago

when a horse keeps winning better races and is never favourite..you just know he is getting better as each in race people are deeming he has too tough a task..has gone against all expectations up to press..only has to do that again..bingo

The most obvious decision ever. 8/11 that he stays sound was a bit of value.

Couldn't agree more, i was amazed people thought he would get off it... He's surely under contract with JP or has a gentleman's agreement and he would never get off unless JP said so and CL would have needed to be a 50/1 poke for that to happen.

when a horse keeps winning better races and is never favourite..you just know he is getting better as each in race people are deeming he has too tough a task..has gone against all expectations up to press..only has to do that again..bingo

I've been over and back on Many Clouds a few times now EC. I think ground is important for him. If it was Soft Like 2013 Renewal I think he has a great chance. If it came up Good like 2014, then I'm just not so sure. I think Sherwood has suggested that proper Good ground could be a problem for him too.

I've been over and back on Many Clouds a few times now EC. I think ground is important for him. If it was Soft Like 2013 Renewal I think he has a great chance. If it came up Good like 2014, then I'm just not so sure. I think Sherwood has suggested that proper Good ground could be a problem for him too.

thats a very good point..all his form is on slow ground..twice on Good..not great

2014 had a little ease in it..wouldn' say proper good ground....but 2013 it was a proper test..which would certainly look to be needed for him

another reason why Ante post isn't really for me

Many Clouds will want a bit of juice to show him at his best for sure. Though expect to see a massive run whatever.
If Djakadam sees this out then I think he'll win. I do have a slight doubt. If sufficient dig in the ground then Many Clouds my alternative.

Last edited:

Do you not think Road to Riches is improving EC1?

Back