Cheltenham Gold Cup 2015

Road To Riches is now 7th in the betting on Oddschecker. The reigning champ is 9th. The other two that filled the places are 14th and 15th.

And yet a 6 year old officially rated 145 is 2nd favourite! Madness.

Djakadam 6/1 in places! Absolutely mental.

All over Many Clouds if the rain falls as expected, but I want Conti to do it.

Djakadam 6/1 in places! Absolutely mental.

All over Many Clouds if the rain falls as expected, but I want Conti to do it.

Absolutely right
It may make me look a bit silly this time tomorrow but I would have him as a place lay.

Houblen DO looks useful on the likely softer ground. And isn't he the better horse at the weights than Many Clouds? Very consistent too. I'm nuts deep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've followed R2R all season but will the softer ground do for him. Although he did win The Lexus on soft.

I said earlier in thread that i'd go for RTR if it was Good..and Many Clouds if it was soft

its looking like a lot of rain..a lot....so its Many Clouds to again defy his odds and expectations again

If Djakadam does win tomorrow Mullins is going to have the top 3 in the betting for next year.

He won't win though.

Some mug on Twitter has managed to get a rumour that Conti is out tomorrow to spread like wildfire.

5's available now - if he gets any bigger I'm piling on.

I'm really starting to come around to Djakadam for this and can see him being heavily backed in next few days. I've availed myself to some of the 12/1 available as think he may go off closer to 6/1 come the day if Mullins on a roll.

Won't be far off the 6/1 now although it's now far too short. Going to cover with Many Clouds and Holywell the two other potential improvers.

I'm having a go on Smad Place.......Alan King's a gangster LOL

Still have my AP bet on Many Clouds so 2 against the field.

Conagree has changed everything Gawd knows what will win it now

I'm having a go on Smad Place.......Alan King's a gangster LOL

Still have my AP bet on Many Clouds so 2 against the field.

Conagree has changed everything Gawd knows what will win it now

Think horses that race from front or are prominent have had a massive advantage this festival so from that should be able to discount a few. Conagree might get out in front and not be sighted.

Some mug on Twitter has managed to get a rumour that Conti is out tomorrow to spread like wildfire.

5's available now - if he gets any bigger I'm piling on.

Didn't particularly fancy Conti myself but 9/2-5/1 is a mental E/W bet 4 places.

If there's been enough rain, there'll likely be a lot less pace on, and that could play right into Coneygree's hands.

Houblen DO looks useful on the likely softer ground. And isn't he the better horse at the weights than Many Clouds? Very consistent too. I'm nuts deep.

I was thinking 50/1 was a bit of an insult myself. Almost certainly won't be good enough to win but if the rain keeps coming and he runs up to his best he could certainly make the frame.

Think horses that race from front or are prominent have had a massive advantage this festival so from that should be able to discount a few. Conagree might get out in front and not be sighted.

Hard to argue with that after the World Hurdle and The Ryanair plus a little rain will have helped.

So difficult to work out how the race will pan out when there as so many unknowns.

I suppose PN could throw caution to the wind and tell Fehily to go with him.
Doing that they one has bound to falter and S Conti is the class animal, would also mean more than half the field would never get into it.

Not that half we need to worry about it's the half that do get into contention and working out who they are likely to be.

As Fonz says S Conti 5/1 ew 4 places seems mental but is it?

If he has improved and PN is right he will stay he'd be a good thing for the race.

Pushing him out abit reduces punters confidence and they tend to think best I bet him ew

Better for the bookies that your 20 quid at 7/2 becomes 10 quid at 5/1 and 5/4

Because if he fails to stay there a good chance he'll be out of the first 4 in what looks a better Gold Cup than last years.

Bookies always think bottom line and have their reasons which are usually well thought out.

Last edited:
Back