Cheltenham Handicap Watch

I reckon there will be. The trouble is until we see the entries and guess what tax they'll have it's impossible to figure out. Even then the handicapper may go crazy, as we've seen already when Elliott tested the water last week.

Think Slim alluded to it earlier in the thread. Just gone through the weekends racing, and last years Supreme form may not be as bad as first thought.

Which bring me to Elixir De Nutz. I was on him for the Supreme, got injured and didn’t run. But looking through his novice hurdle form he’d have been right there at the tail end of the race, would he have won? Maybe not, certainly would have placed on form though.

All the noises in the summer was he was Champion Hurdle bound. Maybe they’ve looked at him at home and thought probably not good enough. Then proceed to run him unfit in grade 1s getting that nice handicap mark for a stint at the County. 33/1 is certainly a price if that’s the case.

The other one I like for the County is Aramon, posted that earlier in the thread. I’ll wait for entries before backing that, but think these could be my two stabs at the County.

Runs in the Betfair Hurdle too. Is this why Eldorado Allen didn't go here?

Not had chance to look at Eldorado Allen’s run yet, sounds like a poor race though. A horse who hasn’t seen a hurdle before came to win the race apparently before refusing, at least what I’ve read on Twitter. Could you scratch him for the County off the back of it? Won’t be winning a Champion Hurdle anyway.

33s available Elixir for this as well. If he’s well in, surely they’d be after a Cheltenham Festival winner rather than this? Top race mind, but he’d blow any County hurdle mark. I’d take 5th or 6th now staying on well enough, and a pound or two dropped.

Could someone ask a few bookmakers on Twitter to quote Tiger Tap Tap for the County Hurdle please?

Not had chance to look at Eldorado Allen’s run yet, sounds like a poor race though. A horse who hasn’t seen a hurdle before came to win the race apparently before refusing, at least what I’ve read on Twitter. Could you scratch him for the County off the back of it? Won’t be winning a Champion Hurdle anyway.

33s available Elixir for this as well. If he’s well in, surely they’d be after a Cheltenham Festival winner rather than this? Top race mind, but he’d blow any County hurdle mark. I’d take 5th or 6th now staying on well enough, and a pound or two dropped.

Not sure what they are on about on Twitter. Eldorado ran very flat. Looked a picture before the race too. The dreaded "bounce" must be a possibility.

Could someone ask a few bookmakers on Twitter to quote Tiger Tap Tap for the County Hurdle please?

I’ve asked. Probably priced at 33s or 40s I’d imagine in line with the rest of the market. You think he’s laid out for this? I’d be on Aramon of the Mullins lot, looks a plot job and half to me. You’re a better judge mind.

I’ve asked. Probably priced at 33s or 40s I’d imagine in line with the rest of the market. You think he’s laid out for this? I’d be on Aramon of the Mullins lot, looks a plot job and half to me. You’re a better judge mind.

Saw that. Thanks.

Laid out no but the horse got lit up at Leopardstown and ran no race. Likely to get 141. Potential there even if not first string.

Last edited:

Skybet put it in at 25/1. You basically just did their job for them.

I have to ring 365 customer service team for the price. Never had to do that before.

My last 2 price requests where Ch’tbello for last years County which I had their pants down on, and Itchy Feet for the JLT.

I have to ring 365 customer service team for the price. Never had to do that before.

My last 2 price requests where Ch’tbello for last years County which I had their pants down on, and Itchy Feet for the JLT.

Why has everyone ignored your requests? Really weird.

Why has everyone ignored your requests? Really weird.

No idea. 365 wanted me to ring them, I did so. Asked a load of questions on phone and said if The traders could price it they’d email me with it within 24 hours. That was yesterday afternoon, still waiting. They’ve never asked me to ring them before.

Paddy said they’d get back to it on Twitter never did. Hills ignored it. And skybet put up a rancid price of 25s. Think Skybets market is utter tosh.

Never known price requests be ignored befor, especially when repeatedly asked.

No idea. 365 wanted me to ring them, I did so. Asked a load of questions on phone and said if The traders could price it they’d email me with it within 24 hours. That was yesterday afternoon, still waiting. They’ve never asked me to ring them before.

Paddy said they’d get back to it on Twitter never did. Hills ignored it. And skybet put up a rancid price of 25s. Think Skybets market is utter tosh.

Never known price requests be ignored befor, especially when repeatedly asked.

So weird.

Kilbricken Storm declared for a Pertemps qualifier on Sunday at Exeter. Discorama also declared
Both of interest. Kilbricken Storm we’ve already talked about, but I reckon Elvis fancies a Pertemps and Irish Grand National double.

Last edited:
That would screw some plans. We’ll see how determined some connections are if it is off. The Chepstow and Haydock qualifiers are quite close to the Festival.

Back