Cheltenham Handicap Watch

I think that would be an interesting endeavour.

He was jumping very big yesterday. But he looked healthy.

Why not have a crack at it?

14/1 if anyone interested.

I think that would be an interesting endeavour.

He was jumping very big yesterday. But he looked healthy.

Why not have a crack at it?

14/1 if anyone interested.

He’s done, but hasn’t much to beat really in this.

Just a shame. His novice season was incredible. Absolutely smashed them in the Kauto before falling at the last half the track in front. Then his RSA demolition.

The Gold Cup I was ball deep in him. With commentary of ‘And Nico is still holding on to Might Bite, 2 out’ I was counting my money far too soon.

Massive fall from grace.

I think I said it somewhere else yesterday, Might Bite looked to me to be seriously looked after yesterday.

I don't know exactly what the plan was yesterday or what they're eyeing up going forward but he did sky a lot of the fences, taking a few like they were the puissance and held on to for a very long time with only token flailing of the whip after it was obvious he wasn't going to win.

He got to complete a race, jumped more than extravagantly and was looked after up the straight.

I've no idea how fit or otherwise he was but wouldn't be at all surprised if he still had a G1 in him.

I imagine talk of the Cross-Country is just that: talk. I can't see him staying that kind of trip, after all, it was only lack of stamina that beat him when he ran up to Native River in that Gold Cup.

To be honest, I don't particularly care what the plan is. I'm happy to wait and see where he turns up next. I do suspect it will be the Bowl at Aintree but, as a huge fan of his, I'm just happy to see him back and being exuberant. If they can get him right back to his very best I'd love to see him let rip out in front from a mile out the way he did in his RSA.

Last edited:
He’s done, but hasn’t much to beat

Done in terms of winning a Gold Cup, yes.

He is getting older. It would be his first crack at the cross country.

I tell you what he has a bit of though, class.

I have no hard feelings towards the horse. I have never had a big bet on him.

I just see a potentially good each way bet for the Cross Country mate.

Last edited:

I’ve no hard feelings, the Gold Cup hurts, but his RSA win (just) and his King George more than made up for it. In fact he was probably my favourite horse in training last season.

I’d just rather not watch a cooked up horse, who owes connections nothing, slumming it round the Cross Country just to give the connections a day out. Tea For Two was another.

I’ve absolutely no doubt if there was anything left they wouldn’t be going here. I watched the race back yesterday, and whether we like it or not, he beat A Toi Phil by a head. It’s horrendous form. His three races before that read PUP.

I’d just retire him. That said, I said retire Faugheen, so what do I know.

If they insist on running Might Bite again, he must be allowed to lead.

They have tended to hold him up lately, and I think he has developed a tendency to sulk/not put it all in, when other horses appear around him, late in a race.

If he does go in the X-C, they should bounce him out, make all, and hope never to see another yoke. Headgear might also be worth trying, though I wouldn’t be surprised if they’d tried it at home, and he turned into even more of an indolent bas*tard.

Either way, he is impossible to predict, which make him no sort of a betting proposition......or an irresistible one, depending on your point-of-view.

Last edited:
Yes. Pretty sad what's happened to him. Still remember with horror distracting myself shouting "Not too far Nico" coming to two out in the Gold Cup.
Was balls deep myself. And was watching it in a local pub with a load of moron's at the bar.

At the same point you would have been thinking, "not too far Nico", a complete Buffon, Moron, **** head, drunk ****, problem gambler turned to everyone shouting....
" don't worry, native river will outstay him up the hill"

I was never so fuckin sick

Was balls deep myself. And was watching it in a local pub with a load of moron's at the bar.

At the same point you would have been thinking, "not too far Nico", a complete Buffon, Moron, **** head, drunk ****, problem gambler turned to everyone shouting....
" don't worry, native river will outstay him up the hill"

I was never so fuckin sick

I said to my mum who I watched it with at the time. Don’t worry he’s holding on to him. The horse is a loon and will **** off up the hill if he sees a horse besides him or in front. I felt sick after the last. The ground ultimately did him.

He whizzed round Aintree, but think the Gold Cup and slog has had a lasting affect.

Suprised you didn’t chin the bloke in the bar. I had to blame someone and blamed Nico at the time. Looking back that was nothing but pocket talk, there was nothing wrong with the ride.

Either way, he is impossible to predict, which make him no sort of a betting proposition......or an irresistible one, depending on your point-of-view.

I only fancy about three horses for Cheltenham next month.

Fwiw they are Vinndication in the Ultima. Esprit Du Large in the Arkle and Ronald Pump in the Pertemps. All each way.

I figure I only need two or three good results on a decent each way lucky 15 to make a big profit. I certaintly wouldn't be backing or laying too many...or wanting an interest in every race. Not my style.

Might Bite I would put in the 'worth chancing' catagory. If Tiger Roll failed to put in his best, I see very few reasons why a horse as talented as Might Bite couldn't get involved.

Even if Tiger Roll hoses up I can still see Might Bite placing.

You'd be hoping Henderson can revitalise him and he ran well enough yesterday to make me believe that is happening.

As I say. Fair balls for trying it.

Let the horse have a crack at it.

Welcome back to the forum btw. Hope all is well.

Last edited:

He is the opposite of a good e/w bet. He either wins hard held or blows out. He has no place angle whatsoever.

Nothing is nailed on to win "hard held" with a hot favourite like Tiger Roll in the field.

Roll on The Festival. Lets see eh.

Last edited:
I believe in the phrase form is temporary class is permanant.

Seems some on here are still rueing the fact he hasn't won three Gold Cups!

Last edited:
I'd be amazed if the Biter ran a big race in the X-country as most horses take a run or two to get used to the course, plus he looks to have fallen out of love with the game to my eye

Might Bite needs a physiologist. Imagine having to ride him over the banks. 14/1? No thanks.

I’ve pestered and pestered 365. Finally got a price, don’t know if it’s available online or just to me, not checked. But 20/1. Dismal

Thanks. 20s is a pathetic price. They are basically admitting they have missed one of the favs.

I asked a forum member to request a price from Sky for Mount Pelier in the Tuesday novice handicap - he wasn’t in any markets at that point.

They came back with 14/1, which made him joint fourth fav.

When questioning it the trader replied saying that they hadn’t priced him yet because he didn’t actually have an entry.

Erm... entries aren’t made until the 18th Feb so why price anything on that basis. Clowns.

Last edited:
I asked a forum member to request a price from Sky for Mount Pelier in the Tuesday novice handicap - he wasn’t in any markets at that point.

They came back with 14/1, which made him joint fourth fav.

When questioning it the trader replied saying that they hadn’t priced him yet because he didn’t actually have an entry.

Erm... entries aren’t made until the 18th Feb so why price anything on that basis. Clowns.

We don't see that he has entry but we'll only give you 14/1 :blink:
You couldn't make it up could you. Let's take them to the cleaners next month :lol:

Back