Clare Wills & Watership Down At Newbury

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
Now common for big races, Colin, which is good. Cheltenham Gold Cup listed all the leaders-up in the race card, making a nice memento and looks good on their CV.

Clare (owner/jockey/trainer) is back in action at Folkestone again tonight with Watership Down alias Shippy with John Maxse and Gielgud in the same race . She is oozing with confidence this time so lets hope she puts in a big show this evening as she sometimes lacks a little confidence.

Good Luck, Clare (and John) :clap: and sorry I can't be there to support you both this evening.

Also watch out for Owner/Jockey - Guy who rides Lowlander. Guy is probably not the tidiest rider. He is a solicitor (or barrister?) by trade but he loves his rides on his horse and Brendan has supported him 150%.

I wish them all well tonight.

Originally posted by rorydelargy+May 17 2007, 04:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rorydelargy @ May 17 2007, 04:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Kathy@May 17 2007, 05:06 PM
Also watch out for Owner/Jockey - Guy who rides Lowlander. Guy is probably not the tidiest rider.
You can say that again!![/b][/quote]
Rory, he knows his limits and the lads rib him about it all the time. He seems to stay on though and Brendan does his best to help but I suppose you either have style on horseback or you haven't! :D

Originally posted by Diminuendo@May 17 2007, 05:23 PM
I have just emailed atr, to ask if they will get Clare and Luke together for an interview!!!
:what: She would probably die of embarrassment, Tracy. :D

Clare was grabbed in the weighing room and interviewed, so let's hope they show it! You are in BIG trouble, Tracy! :laughing:

This is BIG TROUBLE......

FunnyPart-com-hes_in_trouble.jpg

:laughing: :laughing: Darnit, I missed the interview - what did Luke say, what did Clare say, spill the beanz, folkz!

Krizon, just back from the pub but taped the racing. Matt read out a lovely e-mail about Clare and where she works and the name of her trainer etc and the person who sent the e-mail suggested she was interviewed by Luke Harvey. That has happened BUT I don't think they have shown it yet. Clare phoned and couldn't stop laughing and assumed it was me that had organised it.... as if! :rolleyes:

Tracy is not very well at the moment :( , so really hope you feel better soon. I'll get Clare to bring you a get well card if you like! :dork:

"Not very well at the moment... " that's not another euphemism for 'tired and emotional', is it? :suspect: If not self-inflicted, get well soon, Dims! :D

4th bless her. :clap: That was such a great, positve ride. Some major leaps by Shippy, but Clare sat them all well and pushed him all the way round. I bet she is exhausted.

An excellent ride. Love it when she decides to get low on Shippy and squeeze him on. He gives her a very genuine round every time, and for one mo I thought she'd get past Maxse - she had a fetching view of his rear for most of the race, and I thought she might just get to exchange the outlook! Very nice interview, came over very well, sensible but fun. I think she rode an even better race today, not swinging quite as wide as she did previously, and certainly she doesn't get in her horse's way on the approach to the jumps, but rides in positively.

Originally posted by Kathy+May 17 2007, 06:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kathy @ May 17 2007, 06:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by rorydelargy@May 17 2007, 04:19 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Kathy
@May 17 2007, 05:06 PM
Also watch out for Owner/Jockey - Guy who rides Lowlander. Guy is probably not the tidiest rider.

You can say that again!!
Rory, he knows his limits and the lads rib him about it all the time. He seems to stay on though and Brendan does his best to help but I suppose you either have style on horseback or you haven't! :D [/b][/quote]
Erm, if you've no style (ie you're crap & can't ride) you shouldn't be issued with a licence to ride in the first place......

Blimey! Imagine the sort of licence Obergruppenfeuhrer Leader would allow:

1 Does the rider have an attractive backside?

2 Are they intelligent and amusing?

3 Are they good-looking, of reasonable height, have good teeth, nice hair?

4 Are they spotty, bandy, cross-eyed, have dandruff, BO, or halitosis?

5 Do they look pretty/macho in the saddle?

6 Do they fall off a lot, find it difficult to steer, misjudge pace and/or take-offs?

If the answer to any part or all of 4 is 'YES', the applicant may not receive a licence to ride.

If the answer to any part of 6 is 'YES', applicants must fulfil all other criteria, other than 4, in order to be granted a licence.

Well of course number one is paramount; if you don't have a gropable arse then you shouldn't be allowed to wear racing breeches!!!!!!!

Equally if they can't bloody ride, (I was going to add " & have no brain" but realise that knocks out a lot of people currently holding licences) or look like a total tosser in the saddle then they also shouldn't be allowed a licence, shurely?? :P

I think that's left us with about ten, Shadz... :D

Actuahhhlleeee... what ARE the screening tests for getting a licence? I assume, first, a doctor's cert saying you've been checked for heart/lungs/brain activity and found about as normal as possible. What then? Does everyone have to be viewed by a member of the BRS or what? What happens if you're bunged up on some surly brute who dumps you at the practice jump, or tanks off with you o'er hill and dale?

Back