Coronation Cup

Should clearly be the other way round on form . He will need to be as good as they have always suggested to beat her if she is on top form .

I'll be shocked if St Nicholas Abbey goes off bigger than 8/11. I won't be shocked if Midday turns him over.

Disappointed that only a handful will contest this. It can be a great race. I suppose it's effectively a match between the first two in the market.

I'd love it if Midday could win, but I really took to SNA as a 2yo and his last performance was something special. I'm pleased they have managed to get him back to something like they imagined he could be. Especially if he improves again he will be difficult to stop.

Midday has the form in the book to win, that's for sure, but it's difficult to back her with any conviction as you just don't know how good SNA is. The form at Chester might not amount to much, but it was certainly impressive visually.

No bet race for me (wish I'd taken earlier price Midday though).

Midday has the form in the book to win, that's for sure, but it's difficult to back her with any conviction as you just don't know how good SNA is. The form at Chester might not amount to much, but it was certainly impressive visually.

No bet race for me (wish I'd taken earlier price Midday though).

Good synopsis and pretty much my position. I hope it's a thriller and the front two pull right away but even if I knew both were going to run to their best i'm still not really sure what that would be!!! :confused:

Midday has also proven that she handles the track. SNA sadly didn't get the opportunity to show he can, but it's not a given and not a factor to be underestimated.

I think Midday will be 2/1 or 9/4 tomorrow. I would not rule out backing her on the basis of price just yet.

I would definitely play at 2-1 or bigger - she must have a better than 33% chance of winning on what we know.

Love her as I do I'm not sure she has a "better than 33% chance of winning"... Perhaps it is about that.

To put it in purely quantitative terms - if Midday hits 126 (as DJ has pointed out she has with TF several times), then SNA needs to hit 130 to win. He must be 3/1 to hit 130.

I appreciate this is only my view and others might disagree, but I believe she has the best form of the two.

The unknown quantity is how much SNA can improve/has improved. 2-1 or bigger provides sufficient compensation for the risk that he has improved past Midday.

Does the lack of a Ballydoyle pacemaker suggest that they're not worried about SNA in a slowly run race, or that they'll send him on early if they need to (O'Brien has a history of success from positive tactics in this race)?

I appreciate this is only my view and others might disagree, but I believe she has the best form of the two.

The unknown quantity is how much SNA can improve/has improved. 2-1 or bigger provides sufficient compensation for the risk that he has improved past Midday.

I wouldn't disagree with that Benny, she's entitled to go very close. But the manner of SNA's last win and the confidence they seem to have in him and the plans for the very top, suggest we have seen the tip of the iceburg with him.

This is not to say I can't see Midday winning. I hope she'll win and on her best form she should win. SNA will have to run up to the best we have seen from him and more. I get the feeling we are likely to see more though.

I desperately want Midday to win for my TTF, which means I should probably back SNA to avoid disappointment.

Does the lack of a Ballydoyle pacemaker suggest that they're not worried about SNA in a slowly run race, or that they'll send him on early if they need to (O'Brien has a history of success from positive tactics in this race)?

They do seem to be unnaturally confident about him given the options they had for this race and the assistance he could have received.

I think they are taking the view that he'll thrash them or blow out. Midday will surely test him though even if he runs to their best expectations for him.

A little off topic but St Nick goes to the Coronation Cup and So You Think to the Prince of Wales; what is the plan for Cape Blanco and Await the Dawn?

A little off topic but St Nick goes to the Coronation Cup and So You Think to the Prince of Wales; what is the plan for Cape Blanco and Await the Dawn?

They fancy Cape Blanco for the Queen Anne. Don't know for sure about Await The Dawn. Plans seem to be more fluid for that one.

I think Midday takes the beating Steve if i were just pushed to choose between the two at the head of the market...i don't think SNA is that hot..he beat a mid 80's horse ..that has 20 odd runs on the board ..by 20 lengths last time..i think Midday would beat that one a lot further

Dandino is clear value imo..and a rev forecast with Midday might be a nice play too

Last edited:
Hard to call between the first two in the betting. Midday has the form but SNA has less miles on the clock. I won't be having a bet but hoping to just enjoy the race.

Back