Coronavirus

I personally look at the huge number of people losing their jobs and livelihoods globally and wonder whether these measures are worth sacrificing the lives of many in the long term to save the lives of a few in the short term. That's something that probably won't be able to be answered for a decade, but it's why I appreciate that it's a delicate balancing act.

That's the approach that works until its one of your family that gets the virus and the approach that needs to be justified if getting it wrong. Its a strong strain in Tory circles. Toby Young opined similarly in the last week.

That's the approach that works until its one of your family that gets the virus and the approach that needs to be justified if getting it wrong. Its a strong strain in Tory circles. Toby Young opined similarly in the last week.

My cousin has it, a close friend of mine who is a Doctor has it and a friend's Dad died the other day with it. If one of my family gets it I'm not going to blame the Government, that would be perverse.

It's the rightwing take all over the betfair forums and from the disaster capitalists/Trumpsters,get the plebs and kids back to school everyones collateral damage,thank **** they've didn't get that herd immunity inro full flow wouldv'e been 50,000 deaths,it's been catastrophic as it is lack of PPE ventilators etc..Now it's a damage limiation job..

It's the rightwing take all over the betfair forums and from the disaster capitalists/Trumpsters,get the plebs and kids back to school everyones collateral damage,thank **** they've didn't get that herd immunity inro full flow wouldv'e been 50,000 deaths,it's been catastrophic as it is lack of PPE ventilators etc..Now it's a damage limiation job..

but we'll not mention sweden

I see there's more people who can predict the future.

We have more than enough PPE and ventilators, of course.

Meg Grist
@LouiseMegan1234
Yesterday my patient died. The doctors had to choose between 3 patients who would get the ITU bed. They only had one ventilator left. My patient missed out because of her age. She would have normally had a good chance of survival. This is the reality everywhere..

This is a case for manslaughter,wtf is going on plenty of ventilators we are being told,as i said before thank fook they are speaking out..

I've no idea who that is.

I think as with anything like this, it's best to treat individual first hand accounts with caution. People on the front line care a lot and have very little idea of the bigger picture.

I'll listen to all the senior medics who say that the NHS is nowhere near capacity, thanks.

I've no idea who that is.

I think as with anything like this, it's best to treat individual first hand accounts with caution. People on the front line care a lot and have very little idea of the bigger picture.

I'll listen to all the senior medics who say that the NHS is nowhere near capacity, thanks.

I wouldn't expect anything else from a denier..

Cumo smashing them up,a complete different universe to Trump and mini me pretend to be ill Johnson pathetic..:ninja::cool:

Get ready for some slimey classic tory subterfuge,lies and deflection 1.01!!:ninja:

How is anyone expected to take your views or quotes seriously when you post such crap

How is anyone expected to take your views or quotes seriously when you post such crap

Whats crap Cuomos been different class and his ratings have proven it his ratings are miles infront of trumps in new york,don't tell me you're another rught wing trump/johnson supporter,obviously or this wouldn't be your take..Perhaps you are talking crap..

I wouldn't expect anything else from a denier..

A denier of what?

For what it's worth I've seen plenty of doctors and nurses (and a couple that I know personally) saying that they have plenty of spare capacity and they are confident they have the resources to cope with this in the long term. I treat that with caution too.

Whats crap Cuomos been different class and his ratings have proven it his ratings are miles infront of trumps in new york,don't tell me you're another rught wing trump/johnson supporter,obviously or this wouldn't be your take..Perhaps you are talking crap..

Funny how you leave off the bit about Johnston pretending to be ill and no I have no political bias.#wiserlockedup

Fk me it's hilarious how some on here seem to the view the UK as akin to that portrayed in "V for Vendetta"

A denier of what?

For what it's worth I've seen plenty of doctors and nurses (and a couple that I know personally) saying that they have plenty of spare capacity and they are confident they have the resources to cope with this in the long term. I treat that with caution too.

Yes i know loads of doctors and nurses as well with completely opposite views,most will say the government have been useless,my hospital has actually virtually no PPE and patients are being transferred to other hospitals,infact frim the horses mouth they won't be treating virus patients at all fir incubation..which is just unbelievable as next hospital is 50 miles away..

Funny how you leave off the bit about Johnston pretending to be ill and no I have no political bias.#wiserlockedup

Of course you don't..i gave the two scenarios one he was faking or two he was so incompotent he went round shaking hands with virus patients he boasted about and thus infecting people,i wonder if he infected anyone that died?????????? and the rest of the useless bunch got infected,whicxh ever way you look at it totally pathetic and incompotent..Very simple,why would i trust johnson on anything he's been lying all his life?By the way he's in hospital with a cough and a temperature,you know the advice where we all have to stay at home as nothing can be done but he gets taken into a private hospital i would guess..So he couldv'e been faking it all along anyway,who knows who cares..he's a thoroughbred liar.

Last edited:
Yes i know loads of doctors and nurses as well with completely opposite views,most will say the government have been useless,my hospital has actually virtually no PPE and patients are being transferred to other hospitals,infact frim the horses mouth they won't be treating virus patients at all fir incubation..which is just unbelievable as next hospital is 50 miles away..

Good, I hope you treat all their microcosmic reports with caution.

Good, I hope you treat all their microcosmic reports with caution.

Yes i don't believe nurses that have told me patients are dying because of lack of ventilators and they have no PPE, instead i just believe what i'm supposed to believe by government,i will leave you to that..

Last edited:
Is there any action that the government took that you dont agree with?

Not particularly, potentially going slightly too early with the "full lockdown", but they will have the figures that others don't see to justify doing it so soon after they had started social distancing measures.

I think they could have (and potentially still should) make a bigger deal about the importance of washing hands and not touching surfaces unnecessarily. It makes a much bigger difference than people can imagine, though it's tough to tell people that the general population are filthy.

In general though I think the response has been fine and better than most countries (encouraging an improvement in basic hygiene earlier, introducing social distancing earlier, hugely increasing hospital capacity earlier), although it's still really impossible to tell at this stage so we just wait and see, and hope. I also think the measures they have taken to help the economy and most people have been tremendous, so far.

Each week tells us more than the last.

Last edited:
Back