Daily picks.

The ryan horse was a place lay once the ground had deteriorated and danny tudhopes rode a race feargal or mckeown wouldv'e been proud of,although that just makes them better bets next time out.Although like i said last week to keep putting them back on here and ruining the prices,i won't mention that specific horse again.

1pt trade swiss cross 12/1 hills!

Far bigger prices on betfair,trainer hardly has any winners so i'd be looking on there currently 17s on there!!

Last edited:
Swiss cross has run three times at epsom 1/4/2 off marks of 92/94/94 those three runs are only his best runs in the last 12 months from 11 runs,back on that winning mark tomorrow of 92.He's never won over the 5fs but there are 7/8 front runners in this race so very difficult to back any of them,he's the biggest priced finisher so the 12/1 looks the value in the race.

Toby tyler looks the obvious pick off 71 last run on soft ground was third off 78 to fast shot but from a value perspective green park looks massive at 14/1.On soft ground this season has run some very solid races in this grade and better i expected him to open 8-9/1 and this is the price i will be expecting him to be backed into minimum!
He ran 3rd to solar spirit and naabegha on soft at catterick,just touched off 76,both have won again since in the 80s,a 2nd of 15 to klynch at york off 78 klynch won again after that run.He was then 3rd to trade secret and whozthecat on soft ground again both have come out and won and his only other run on soft,a running on 4th to silvanus in better grade over 5fs at ponte off 79.Runs off a 2 pound lower mark from that run after running reasonable on faster going,on this going the 14/1 looks massive!

Llewllyns had the first winner on the card and this time of year was when mr udagawa ran well here in august and september,has slipped to a mark of 58 a pound below his first win off 59 august 2011.Followed that up with a win off 64 in the september,trainer lays them out for these races and doesn't seem to over race them as hios strike rates quite good on the flat.I can see this being backed at 14/1 and could be a decent trade at the very least on ground and track the horse runs best at!

Two big drifters although made a pittance on the carroll horse,don't know why green park drifted out to 20s on betfair if it hadn't run so free wouldv'e been placed,still looks one to follow on soft ground and swiss crooss another drifter finished 4th also finishing absolute double handful.

Last edited:
2lb drop for the run last week does seem overly generous tbf Gigilo - only beaten two lengths LTO and a very decent 3lb claimer taking over from Jimmy Quinn too :)

Fantasy gladiator ran well last time out,the race wasn't really run to suit slow pace and was beaten 2ls by little black book tomorrow has a 9 pound pull for those 2ls there shouldn't be much between them little blackbook priced at 7/1.This is supposedly a grade higher race but horses such as weapon of choice have no aw form and hurrican lady and afkars aw form doesn't look any better if not weaker.There are two 3yr olds open to loads of improvement but even though fantasy gladiators shorter than last run in what looked a weaker race at least on ratings on aw form he may turn out to be a bit of value and i can see him being the alternative to the two favs.Hopefully a decent trade.

A bit of an eyectacher last time out fella,i think this will take a lot of ew money wouldn't be surprised to see it going off shorter than little black book!

1pt trade dickiev le davoir 10/1 skybet,totesport,betfred,sporting bet,lads

Last edited:
Dickie le davoir i've been keeping an eye on fior a while and from this m,ark will be following for a while,last timev he ran in a race for a horses rated up to 70 he won at 20/1.He runs off 69 today in exactly the same grade,has shown form already this season which would put him in the shake up a 4th to arganil off 76 at redcar in different class race and only two runs back 4th to noddles blue boy over 5fs gving away 6ls running an incredible race to only be beaten 2 3/4ls staying on nearest at finish.In this grade he he is extremely well handicapped and will following as he could run up a sequence,he also has the blinkers back on something he has had on all recent wins.Today may not be his track,lingfield is tending to favour the horses that lead and get the rail but i'm not risking missing a 10/1 winner dropped in class.I would imagine he will be even bigger if nowhere today next time out and maybe a=n even better bet.

Backed at 5.4 a place can't believe it led a furlong out and got collared,i kept backing it at all prices as well can't complain from that draw!!;)

Karaka jack gets to run off a pound lower mark than when winning off 81 at donny on seasonal reappearnce difficult horse to win with but has loads of form in better class races and i can see him being second fav/fav for this race even if he doesn't win it.A 4th to captain bertie off 85 in the spring cup,4th to tariq too at donny,3rd to fennell bay,2nd to dubai dynamo you could say the horse has been very unlucky.Thats probably not the case as his win record shows but the 9/1 is a big price in the weakest race he's run in all season,two others interest me nicholls other runner rio cobol off lowest ever mark.Rio cobolo 3rd off 73 last season tomorrow gets to run off 60,the other interesting runner is faheys dakota canyons seasonal debut behind dutch rose since gone in again off 86,the second trail blaze won again since off 85 and runner up to strirring ballad and the 4th princess of orange hacked up off 82.Because karaka jacks double the price of the fahey horse i will stick with that but he could well be the best hadicapped horse in the race.

This looks a great example of a horse laid out for nurseries,bartack on second run running in a maiden with potential group runner cour valant beaten 7 1/2ls at notts.Running 4th that day looking one paced and not given a hard race,the time of that maiden was one of the better ones this season a second quicker than jade winning the older handicap off 76.After todays race could be sitting on a very nice mark but the 14/1 i thinks worth trading as a couple havn't run in what could be a decent maiden.I still think this will be backed though as 14/1 looks to big and with that time and a step up in trip could see this going off nearer 8/1 not the 14/1.Should at least get something out of this at that price.

Back