Daily picks.

Hi Andy, haven't looked in for a while, computer lost passwords after a virus!
Wondered what you thought about the chances of one of your old htf in Sir Bruno in the 6.00 Wolver. Palling hasn't had a winner for ages and think that is reflected in its f/c price 20/1.
Has a 20lb turnaround with Chambles on last run here for 7 lths but didn't get a clear run, and only btn 2 lengths off 72 when 4th to Jungle Bay here in May. Has won over C/D here from 69 and gets in off 62 tmr.
Remember you put him up after running behing Goolagong a couple of years ago.

Hi Andy, haven't looked in for a while, computer lost passwords after a virus!
Wondered what you thought about the chances of one of your old htf in Sir Bruno in the 6.00 Wolver. Palling hasn't had a winner for ages and think that is reflected in its f/c price 20/1.
Has a 20lb turnaround with Chambles on last run here for 7 lths but didn't get a clear run, and only btn 2 lengths off 72 when 4th to Jungle Bay here in May. Has won over C/D here from 69 and gets in off 62 tmr.
Remember you put him up after running behing Goolagong a couple of years ago.

You boys are so sick for the formbook. I love it.

I was hoping something would stand out in those last two races at wolves first thing i did yesterday but i can't back anything.I wouldn't put you off backing a 20/1 shot in those races especially as it ran ok 5 races back stew,hope it wins for you!!I don't know whats happening witth the books lately but i've found myself finding bigger prices on betfair and having last minute bets,so havn't been putting much on here.

Bit surprised to see dickie le davoir this big a price although you could pick several in the race with soild form, back at a track where he's 2/6 and onto gd/fm ground and with blinkers on are perfect conditions for him.Won off 76 here april 2011 from a similar draw which maybe the negative for him,tomorrow runs off 69 last season when hitting form maintained it for a while reaching a mark of 88.
He was a little unlucky at lingfield leading a furlong out from a poor draw against the well handicapped the tichbourne,was infront to long his best runs in recent times have been in bigger fields as tomorrow 17 runners.As long as he keeps going off double figure prices now he looks in form is worth a bet,i'd be surprised if he goes off bigger than 13/2 7/1 in this race maybe even shorter!

Sickening that unlucky,never looked like losing hope you still got something out of it it looked like the winner after 2fs to me when they both went off so quick!!

Notice that it was Robbie Fitzpatricks 1st ride on Dickie lto, may have suprised him how quickly he picked up, might try and hold him up a bit longer today. Mind you he's only had 1 turf winner this year and just 5 since coming back from his holiday.

Mount hollow looks exposed at 7 years of age but has only had 15 lifetime runs on turf and looks like he's capable of winning these grade races or maybe even slightly higher.On debut this season was a massive eyecatcher in better race than this 7th of 18 behind italian tom,to be nearest finish.It looks like gd or faster ground suits ideally so you can ignore his two soft ground runs and last time out was second in a better race at haydock.There was no pace in that race and still finished second 80+ horses in behind,tomorrow jack duern takes off 7 pound and hollinshead had had two winners in the last three days so stable in form.Looks at worst a decent trade as the race is choca full of exposed runners,he may go off fav!!

Operation tracer looks a big price on his 1m2f form,he has the best form in the race and steps up a furlong but i expect this to be heavily bet purely on the form of his previous runs.A second to scarlet fever at brighton beaten a nose conceding 8 pound,that form has been franked by the winner running third to cayuga of stoutes staying on just behind supercillary leaving a couple of 70 runners behind.Then a second to buster brown again beaten a sh/hd lots of seventy runners in behind the third from that race part line has also come out and beaten granston off 75.The race has been priced up around the prescott and fanshawe horses both have to prove they stay as does operation tracer but 7/1 looks more like 7/2 to me and with spencer riding i expect it to be backed!

Operation tracer looks a big price on his 1m2f form,he has the best form in the race and steps up a furlong but i expect this to be heavily bet purely on the form of his previous runs.A second to scarlet fever at brighton beaten a nose conceding 8 pound,that form has been franked by the winner running third to cayuga of stoutes staying on just behind supercillary leaving a couple of 70 runners behind.Then a second to buster brown again beaten a sh/hd lots of seventy runners in behind the third from that race part line has also come out and beaten granston off 75.The race has been priced up around the prescott and fanshawe horses both have to prove they stay as does operation tracer but 7/1 looks more like 7/2 to me and with spencer riding i expect it to be backed!

Another good trade, already shorter.

The fav is mighty short with a sire that only has 6% s/r on a/w. If ignoring form, Cape Alex and Al Qatari are similar profiles, have really good a/w sires, yet one is 10 times the price.

Al Qatari was 80,000USD buy, completely dirt-bred, off 53!

Cape Alex has Brittain's running well and Fallon on a 20/1 winner of his the other day. Slowly away/green on maiden runs (ignore), took keen hold over too far last time, if starts and settles could go well.

Twin Shadow should be fav imo, but it is pretty open to improvers.

You missed Al Qatari being a $200,000 yearling too Lard - sister (Ochoa) by an inferior sire was equally expensive placed in useful company in Canada and as you say he's dirt bred (though Dynaformer does get turf runners also).

Martin

Out to early sp 3/1fav!!:eek:

Did you have 5x more on with all those books ice.;

Last edited:
Byton looked progressive at folkestone,hacking up in her maiden win three of the runners behind have come out of that race and won charming has won and since third to pale orchid off 69.The third macchiara won and then runner up to jungle bay off 73,she looked to have at least ten pounds in hand of those runners.Tomorrow she races off 74 she still should be well handicapped,disappointed at newbury but the ground was a lot slower that day i thought she wuld be around 4/1 so there looks a potential decent trade in this race.If she repeats her folkestone run in this poor looking race i expect her to be well backed,the fav rum punch has also run over the 6fs at folkestone on slightly quicker ground yet still ran slower than byton,she doesn't have a great draw but can't see her going unbacked in this race.

Out at 7.6 gave it every chance.

Last edited:
Back