Daily picks.

It hasn't taken my posts,i put up born to surprise the prices have gone now as well,spent 10 mins doing the write up!!

Born to surprise won seasonal debut in a time 2ls quicker than two older handicap winners at donny,absolutely hacking up that run alone wouldv'e put him on a mark of90 with the older horses but as mentioned he looked good for another 5ls in that race!!That was on decent ground something which he hasn't seen since,getting beat by comrade bond only rated 74 at yarmouth on soft ground, running respectably against fast or free again on softer than ideal ground as well!!He returns to the c/d maiden win,back with spencer riding and potentially looks well handicapped he may give tomorrows favourite most to think about off a mark of just 92 against his own age group.If the rain stays away i can see him being backed!!
That was basically it,its on the bets for today thread from april the first as well!

What horse mate?

Take a look at Who's Shirl in the 5.30 if you get chance. I thought the ground went against her with the overnight rain, but she never got a chance and hopefully should be dropped again.

I had her on my to follows can't remember if it was last season or one before,you'd think that she must win at some point but i gave her loads of chances and there's only so many excuses you can use.If she was a huge price i may consider her but,im not convinced she will win just because of her mark.

BURNING BLAZE
COUR VALANT
medicoe

Worth mentioning these today,as the fastest maiden run this season apart from aherns but at last one on decent ground.The time of the race was only .35 slower than van ellis winning sky bet dash winning off 100,at the weights Burning blaze wouldv'e finished fourth in the dash carrying 9-3 and maybe ryans best 2yr old.Coming from a smaller northern maiden could easily be underestimated and at the bigger tracks there's no reason to think he can't take on the very best in the end winning the maiden cheekily.Even more value for the near future could be the second cour valant and this was only debut run so again could be a group runner and maybe even more underestimated.I can see the second going off a huge price in higher grade as long as the winner doesn't reappear soon.
Even better would be if they both don't run and see what mark the third horse medicoe of prescotts is going to be on was only rated in the 70s before this race,straight into nurseries would look a stand out bet as he wasn't stopping in this race just outclassed.;)

:cool:

There's loads of these on here,thats why i put them on so they can be noted i'm sure quite a few have noted and backed them amba for example was another that comes to mind.I missed the 6/1 last night never thought the race was priced up, so wouldn't have put it on here anyway at 4/1 although i backed it.Thats why i put the these reminders of races to follow,no point in putting them on here if no ones using them.

Like i said fella anyone who's wrote them down has had loads of winners from the to follows i never bring them back up ever,i just brought this one up as it looked top class from the york race.Plus if you remember i put up the ryan horse that got beat at donny in a nursery from that race,so i know that form is wrong and still worth following!!
It's a waste of time putting bets up at the moment,like born to surprise i've laid off my bets now the grounds gone against it by the looks and i think 7/8 last trades i've put on here the night before the grounds changed the folowing day.It's just impossible to have a bet you're just relying on luck,unless you're betting 1/2 hour before the race!Doncasters a wash out for me i did tomorrows form yesterday on gd/fm and i'm not doing it all again,most of my attention will be on the aw at least i can rely ion the surface being true!;)

Born to surprise won seasonal debut in a time 2ls quicker than two older handicap winners at donny,absolutely hacking up that run alone wouldv'e put him on a mark of90 with the older horses but as mentioned he looked good for another 5ls in that race!!That was on decent ground something which he hasn't seen since,getting beat by comrade bond only rated 74 at yarmouth on soft ground, running respectably against fast or free again on softer than ideal ground as well!!He returns to the c/d maiden win,back with spencer riding and potentially looks well handicapped he may give tomorrows favourite most to think about off a mark of just 92 against his own age group.If the rain stays away i can see him being backed!!
That was basically it,its on the bets for today thread from april the first as well!

KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!:lol::lol:

I posted it i never submiotted if i hadn't seen doomsters post i wouldn't have even known,he looks a stone different horse on decent ground,as i said had to be a hundred horse on the donny run!!:D

Well done Gigs.

I cant complain about the price either, as I took 6/1 BOG.

Thanks.

I'm thinking of going to Chester on Friday if it's not lashing down, so I'd be grateful of any advice.

Looks likely to be soft I think.

well done G:cool::cool::cool:

re that York maiden auction.. has been a real gem just on next runs..it was listed class on the clock and has given some nice bets since..except funnily enough the winner..who must be on a good mark

2nd Cour Valant won 15/8
3rd Medicoe won 4/6
4th Ajmany won 15/8
5th bacoteque lost then won at 13/8
6th monkey bar flies won 3/1
7th khelman 3rd at 33/1
8th dark opal won 7/1

luvly

Last edited:
Yep i know fella i just follow these races religiously and there have literally been 4/5 decent maidens altogether worth following on the clock.I backed the 1/2/3/4 out of that race on next runs i never even noticed the two other nursery winners as well!Same with cour valants notts win hoarding winning off 75 had a stone in hand at lingfield when it won,similar things happening with that maiden.Thats why i put it up on here seemed a nice thing to follow,plus because it was a maiden everything was underestimated like cour valant becuase of trainer!!Strange how the ryan horse ran so poorly at york but again will be really underestimated by the betting if it repeats that run off current mark should win.

Last edited:
Fanning after double your money hacked up by 5ls at swell looking a 90 horse at least said about cour valants race at notts ''double your money has improved alot since his debut at nottingham although that wasn't a great race''.:lol:

1pt trade sir bruno 4/1 365!! Out at 3.1!!!!!!!

Backed baltis sister at 7/1 as well!!

Last edited:
Sir bruno came back to form last time out,running off all time low mark the first two 6ls clear of the third and also run in a decent time of 1m27.89.That was the second div on the card and was a second and a half quicker than the first division,the negative is he has a poor strike rate only one win from 26 runs but he travelled well last time out drawn 2 tomorrow and if he runs to that form i can't see many beating him.If he doesn't repeat that run baltis sister looks the one to take advantage has won over 6fs at wolves and run well at lingfield last time out behind tiger cub.I may have a saver and little reverse fcast.

Hey, you can't nick mine giggsy!:lol:
Cracking winner yesterday, wish i'd looked in, good write up. Just backed Warden Bond at Wolver, never out of the 1st 4 over C/D and jocks 5lb put him on last winning mark.:)

I've backed dick doughtwylie at 12/1 and prices have been decimated into a stupid price now,surprised they went so quickly as i was just going to put it up as a small ew.Iis a horse that was off my to follows and i thought it would be running outside handicaps this is a weak race,i wouldn't say take the 7/1 left now as its run so poorly before.But if reproduces last years form would be a warm fav for tomorrows race,off my to folllows from beginning of the season.

Again another been disappointing so far this season,but last season when winning at chester running quicker than belle royale winning off 102 a decent race later on the card, on only his third ever start quite a few of gosdens have disappointed early on and he's now slipped to a mark of 88 when potentially he could be a 100+ horse.Relying on younger horses to come back to form is guesswork,but with horses that are potentially a stone better in,will be big prices in these competitve handicaps and maybe even forgotten completely unless they've gone backwards you're getting massive value everytime he runs.

Tomorrow runs in a race horses only rated up to 85.

1pt trade galician 14/1 ppower/365

Out at 12.5 hoped it would shorten a little more but favs been well backed!

Last edited:
Galicians run behind mince in a very quick fast 6fs at ascot ties in with the favourite duke of firenze tomorrow,galician had lady gorgeous and heeraat winner on sunday off 94 both behind in that ascot race finishing strongly off the pace.That race was almost 1/2 second quicker than desert laws race earlier on the card winning off 101,lady gorgeous and heeraat finished a similar distance behind fulbright and duke of firenze at newmarket.On thiose formlines galician could only be a 6-7/1 shot,disappointed twice since but i think they didn't go quick enough at newmarket and chester you copuld blame the draw,ground and trip combination.As long as the jock isn't seen as a negative should be a decent trade.

Hey, you can't nick mine giggsy!:lol:
Cracking winner yesterday, wish i'd looked in, good write up. Just backed Warden Bond at Wolver, never out of the 1st 4 over C/D and jocks 5lb put him on last winning mark.:)

I'll give this thing two chances sir bruno tomorrow and one more run,then will leave it i normally wouldv'e left it but the time was good so if it runs the same race will probably come first or second.Has first time visor on tomorrow,so if it does run poorly i will give it one more chance.
Annoyed with myself about not backing that first winner at wolves only two had form over the c/d over thaty extended mile,it actually drifted from 8/1 this morning as well!Decided not to have a bet today and watch some racing for a change,just waiting to see whats happening with the ground at donny friday/saturday.

On balts sistyer at 7/1 as well!!

Last edited:
Rex imperators the only runner in the portland that will be running in group races,won by 2ls at windsor couldv'e won 8ls only put up 6 pound to 104 after destroying these grade handicappers.Poor ride by baker at york cantering not even put in race and then the run on soft at bath another strange decision to run the horse.If you knocked just anther 4ls off that form at windsor he'd have loads in hand of picabo 11/1 4th in betting tomorrow.He ran at newmarket coming 4th to fulbright,that track didn't suit to stiff and he still gave heeraat 16 pound a nk behind it and that won off 94 on sunday.Take jack dexter as a marker on sunday another 3ls behind heeraat,looks unbelievably well handicapped still,undoubtedly the best horse in the race i've backed at 10/1 with all books as the drying ground if it comes i can see his odds tumble into 4-5/1 .If he doesn't run to form i think his form is that good that i wouldn't be surprised to see picabo win again even though should have loads to find looks the other improver along with prodigality.The more the ground dries out the shorter rex imperator will get!

Out at 8.4 not as good as i'd hoped but still nice profit,with a bit left running on!!

Last edited:
Back