Daily picks.

A dires day racing tomorrow had a few marked off but don't like the prices so will have a slightly speculative bet on wicked wilma,speculative because of her recent inconsistency jockey and trainer but if she was in any sort of form and diodn't miss the break would be favourite to win this race.She's dropped to a mark of 60 lowest since july 2011,she was a big improver last season running in the 70s,tomorrow the claimer takes another 7 off and that takes her down to 53.Even this season she's shown bits of form that would be good enough to win this race 3rd to bosun breese off 71,2nd to jamaican bolt off 67 had second fav besty 4ls behind at hamilton and is better off in the weights and several other places in the mid 60s.She's also drawn wide as well in the 13 draw,but the last meeting at catterick there was nothing in the draw and the dash run a week last saturday two drawn stands side were 1,2.I think she'll be backed as this is one of the weakest races she's ever run in so should be a nice trade,whether she will run to form with 7 pound claimer impossible to know!!

Think i've found quite an interesting horse tmr in Focail Eile, very interesting how his owner switches horse between stables, takes him to the likes of Quinlan and Osbourne for a while to run down the field and drop in ratings then returns them to Ryan and Boom!
This time last year was running well from 75, even took in a class 3 conditions race, goes well on heavy over 1m record 115 but quite a coincedence how he's won 1st time out for Ryan twice from 58 and 66, also won on good for him from 67, followed by 2 seconds 73,75. Back to lowest mark again tmr 58, have a look at his last run at Wolver ridden by Kelly, dropped in at the rear and kept him boxed in all the way around, hands and heels with just a cursory tap 1f out, ran on well. I've had a bet at 12/1 and he's 8/1 now, interesting.:whistle:

Ashpan sam looks capable of being involved in tomorrows race,7th of 14 last time out when the draw came up down the centre at goodwood 2,6,3,5 he was drawn 17/17 that day and 1/2length behind dream catcher one of tomorrows favourites he was drawn 5 in that race so maynot be much between them.He also ran second to forest edge at ffos,forest edge tried to make all in links drive ladys race at windsor on monday and again that formline ties in with belle beyardo priced at 13/2 in tomorrows race.One positive maybe a piece of form at this track againsty jwala and place in my heart running third to that pair over 5fs beaten 2 1/2ls,jwala is now rated 93 and lastv run was runner up to sile power and place in my heart finished runner up to fulbright on next run.He does look like he needs to drop a few pounds has hovered around this mark all season but this is a weak race and there should be a bit of money for him hopefully a nice little trade!

Attempts to follow up tomorrow at Catterick. Thoughts?

I only did ashpan sam because its best form had looked at bath and it was a double figure price.
The above horse stew has mentioned is interesting,as its the same names involved around bishopbriggs quinlan,ryan etc.A very familiar pattern with the way bishopbriggs was run over a number of seasons and switching stables.Pretty sure someone on here must have heard of the owner on here,i see the owners strike rate is quite high in last 3 seasons and showing over £22 profit on all runners.Wonder if the owner knows W.Mckay.:ninja:

Just hope connections have got on at the right price because the £2 overnighters really contracted this price last night, 5.6 now!:blink:

Elsie Bay has a 7lb pull with that one could reverse the form imo, good luck.
Just hope that Bells doesn't win as want that back at wolver.

Giggs horse has taken a right walk in the market hasn't it, probably to do with the jockey i would think. Fama Mac goes again, done us proud that one, but couldn't back it at 2/1, will look for something EW against it, possibly Babyshambles or Ever roses, not sure yet.

Two that were eyecatchers last time out and both run in the first at kempton,bert the alert could be called the winner 3fs out at lingfield that race was slightly better than tomorrows he looked to have plenty in hand and is undoubtedly well handicapped.Even the time of the race wasn't to bad considering the track is running on the slow side and eased i can't see anything at the front of the market to beat him so can see him being heavily backed and could go off very short.Looks a decent trade and wouldn't be surprised to see him nearer to 5/4 than 5/2.

The other interesting runner was a huge eyecatcher over c/d the seemingly exposed ashkalara,but she's only had the three runs on aw surface and has been placed twice.She wouldv'e won easily here on the 20th of august when running third to my mate jake and sky khan,finishing full of running in behind hampered twice withing a furlong she wouldv'e probably won at least a length maybe two.My mate jakes won again off 68 and sky khans won off r73 recently the forms working out exceptionally well,she runs off a mark off 60.She's been priced up on her last run on heavy ground over this trip and probavly wouldv'e only been 6-7/1 tops with that run taken away.Again i'm pretty sure she will be seen as the alternative to the fav and i expect her to be backed as well!!

Last edited:
SJ are still showing 9/4 Bert but most firms are already showing a lot less, and Ashkalara is in to 6/1 2nd favourite.

Hello Andy, have you had a look at the 7.05 kempton, know you love your time figures. Eddies horse looks well in at the weights to me with a fair bit of improvement to come i expect, ran a much faster time than the 2nd div at warwick and that winner is rated a lot higher now.

Back