Daily picks.

Was out at 12.5 far to early,think it went 10 before off,got out on terms and never ridden into race be interesting to see if its kept running after that race for the rest of the aw season.Tylickis never ridden it before so maybe worth another chance if it runs again!

Hard to see why Harrison George would be fancied against some of these speed merchants

I thought the same last night. I think a few are simply looking at his last speed figure at the track over 7f, but I think/hope the track was riding fast that night.

I'm balls deep on Gig's pick, but Ajjaadd is my worry. Improved greatly since last tried on polytrack and no real evidence to suggest he's better on turf.

C/p's off (never won in them) and jockey got a good tune out of him on only ride.

13.0 now looks fair, but he looks an in running play, certain to be out the back early doors and will need luck getting through these.

Good luck Gigs

there is a lot of pace in this..not sure the fav won't get taken on by island legend whozthecat and moorhouse...i know ihtifal
showed bags of speed last time against 6f horses...but back at 5 furlong will find they go a little faster

.i've backed clear praise to place as these are going to be sitting ducks late on i feel for closers

good luck anyway whatever happens

Last edited:
I've already backed whozthecat EW and i'm having a little on Burning thread at a huge price, hasn't been beaten far in some good races this year and has dropped a fair bit in the h'cap, popped up at 50/1 last year, heres hoping.

I got an all green screen, but it took me 30 seconds to notice Ihtifal or Ajjaadd hadn't won.

Had 5 stake trades on the latter matched that I just assumed one had won :(

Both traded @ 1.3 & 1.31 in running.

I've put up 2/3 of cowells last 3 runners and r woody today unplaced and he wins with that,gutted as i backed ajjaad as well and the fcast!!Won a bit on the race but rubbing it in when r-woodys run so poorly.

A nice looking maiden at kempton and two horses that could easily be 90 horses at least zues magic 13/8 and melvin the grate 2/1.Zeus magic running in the first division at newbury and even though coming second was quicker than the second div won by fort knox the second beautiful day from the second div has come out and won and looked decent.The time also compared favourably to the 6f race won by effie b winning off 84 over 1/2 furlong less later on the card.That was on soft ground but the times of the two earlier maidens suggest they are full of 90+ runners.
The same applies to melvin the grate,was trapped in on the rail on debut and when in the clear spencer not giving him a hard race the,he looks open to loads of improverment.The time was ok compared to strada facendo winning off 77 on the same card again he looks potentially a 90 horse+,hard to suggest what to do bet wise as i was hoping there was something to put with them but in a couple of ew doubles or trebles etc just incase they don't go on the surface.

:ninja:

I've already backed derwentwater at 4/1 but it's all about potential mark gets to run off 62 tomorrow but last time out was a bit of an eyecatcher in a hot maiden at yarmouth.Drawn 6 of 11 was switched to the standsside where the draw proved to be a big advantage,was switched 2 1/2 furlongs out and probably travelled 4/5ls further than any other runner in the race.He looked to be ridden with handicaps in mind,Mckay careful not to ride out to vigorously when going well still when switched to the outside and 3/4 furlong out deliberately dropping hands.That race now looks very good form van der neer second to kingsbarns on last run of the season,the second has recently won off 81 by 4ls,the third mundahesh has hacked up by 5ls since as well.The 4th dumbarton rock just 2ls infront of derwentwater has been runner up off 69 recently but had the rail at yarmouth and derwentwater travelled a lot further before being eased,the 5ths won and been second off 85 the 6th has been third to birdlover in a fast run race at kempton.The ninth evoke came out and beat dumbarton off 71 yet recieved 5 pound off derwentwater and was behind,even the 10th has rin third at kempton again in an above average maiden.Potentially derwentwater could be 70+ in this race and although drawn 12 i can see this being heavily backed not to many in the race are unexposed and nothing really looks a 70+ horse has a bad draw,but could be a very nice trade at worst.

Temple road looked like one to follow when running a nice race off 57 at lingfield on the turf from the worst draw in 1,5th of 11 to steelcut the first three were rated 68,70,68 and mostly 60+ runners in behind him.Next time out was 9/1 in a worse race and i expected him to be heavily backed after the lingfield run,i presume after such a lay off of 136 days he's had some problems.If he could repeat that lingield run now off reviosed mark of 55 allowing him to sneak into tomoorows race then he would winningthese races,he's only had 5 lifetime runs and is probably worth following for a while as he will be going off massive prices compared to ability.Graham lee rides so he maybe right for tomorrows run,the betting will be interesting after last time outs drift!!

Last edited:
L'ihrondelles been on the downgrade for a while now an 8yr old was rated 84 early last year but never ran well off those marks,won off 68 over c/d last time out on the new surface,the way the tracks at present front running suits his running style.He's gone up 3 pound which looks fair enough,the time of his win was quicker than scholmasters on the same card that day and the form through daruband ties in with the favourite roxelana priced at 4/1,strictly on that formline there should be nothing between them.He may not repeat that run but 8/1 on a track favouring the pace horses i can't see him going off that price in what looks a race full of exposed runners!!

Last edited:
Mac gille eoin is looking in very good form was tanking away when badly hampered last time out and may have won but for being stopped in run behind muhdiq winner again since off 78 and runner up drawnfromthepast second today off 81.Was second off 85 this time last year at kempton has slipped to a mark off 74,which he will exploit soon on recent form,the negative maybe the way the tracks running for him tomorrow big advantage to be handy at the last meeting.There looks like loads will be taking each other on and if that advantage is not to big will hopefully be closing them down at the finish,i will be following him for a while if the race conspires against him as he is in such good form and he may just win one or two on the bounce under right conditions!

Temple road looked like one to follow when running a nice race off 57 at lingfield on the turf from the worst draw in 1,5th of 11 to steelcut the first three were rated 68,70,68 and mostly 60+ runners in behind him.Next time out was 9/1 in a worse race and i expected him to be heavily backed after the lingfield run,i presume after such a lay off of 136 days he's had some problems.If he could repeat that lingield run now off reviosed mark of 55 allowing him to sneak into tomoorows race then he would winningthese races,he's only had 5 lifetime runs and is probably worth following for a while as he will be going off massive prices compared to ability.Graham lee rides so he maybe right for tomorrows run,the betting will be interesting after last time outs drift!!

Good write up us ever. I'm on.

Last edited:
No confident picks tomorrow but trying to keep track of some that might be worth following for a while.There are two aw meetings on saturday and i very much doubt there will be a bet,the cards over the last week have been appauling.

Mac gille eoin is looking in very good form was tanking away when badly hampered last time out and may have won but for being stopped in run behind muhdiq winner again since off 78 and runner up drawnfromthepast second today off 81.Was second off 85 this time last year at kempton has slipped to a mark off 74,which he will exploit soon on recent form,the negative maybe the way the tracks running for him tomorrow big advantage to be handy at the last meeting.There looks like loads will be taking each other on and if that advantage is not to big will hopefully be closing them down at the finish,i will be following him for a while if the race conspires against him as he is in such good form and he may just win one or two on the bounce under right conditions!

KABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Told you he was in good form absolutely sluiced up!!!!!:lol::lol::cool:;)

Back