Daily picks.

6.0 wolves

A truely awful race artfullady drops back in grade,but up in trip was a running on third off this mark behind artful lady that is very weak form but is still open to improvement with only the seven runs.Dhaaman has run well here in the past usually dictating the pace when doing so,still retains ability as showing when third to chosen character in july off 56 in different class race.Quite interesting he gets to run a race for horses only rated up to 50 first time since feb 2010 when winning off 50 tomorrow off 48.On last years form michaels nook would be the obvious pick when trained by david barron was very consistent over this c/d was 1/2/2/4 has not shown the consistency for present trainer.but takes another drop in grade and could easily run well in this race.I'd be struggling to make a case bar these three,in no particular order my three.

artful lady,dhhaman,michaels nook.

Last edited:

Another race where all the runners are inconsistent and you could probably make a case for nearly all of them,hardy reds form behind equitania was the best form in the race but was disappointing last time out over 6fs at lingfield.There should be little between hardy red,imperial spirit and marmot bay at the weights very closely matched at these weights on that recent form,if i was forced to bet in this race i'd be looking at fcasts if there was a big descrepancy in prices.

A couple of these runners take a big drop in class spifer been running in far better races on turf but has to prove that form on the aw as does classic colori beaten in a claimer on the track by 5ls by desert vision.The other runners are stepping up in grade equally and rossetti steps up 1 1/2 furlongs further than he's ever run over.The race is pure guesswork,follow the flag could get in the frame with so many ? has form over c/d 2/16 and has not run off this lower mark on the aw since this time last year.Was third off 80 over this c/d last season i'd be surprised if he won this race but could scrape in the frame,probably one to look out for future handicaps off present mark.If you were giving one another chance it would probably be spifer,dropping to a mark of 85 although looking at the run at lingfield he undoubtedly needs a decent pace to chase.

follow the flag,spifer

7.30 wolves

The final rogues race white deers out again,everyone was shouting non trier again last time out as he sat out the back i couldn't be convinced of that,i think winstion was trying tokid him into the race as with all these roguies is the only way to win on them.He's double the price he was last time out and thats a faier reflection of his chances than the 3/1 last time out,a stupid price for a horse 0/12 and 0/8 over c/d,although he would have to be on the short list with so many placed runs in this grade over c/d.The same with laylas boy never wins but runs virtually the same race everytime over c/d,if there's an improver in the race will be no diamond has only had 8 runs one over this trip and infront of white deer last time out.

white deer,laylas boy,no diamond

I don't consider stall 10 a negative in the 4:00, not as good as stall 5, but I'd go as far as calling it a slight positive looking at the last couple of years. VOLCANIC DUST is my only bet today.

WOLV 4:00 VOLCANIC DUST - 7/2
The blinkers seem to be slowly bringing it back to form. LTO was a good sign, clocked well and was running away after the line. Was unfairly rated as high as 80 earlier this year (around 70 looked more like it), but runs off 58 again today. CHATEAU LOLA has a slightly better draw, and has recently run to it's mark, but there are form lines to suggest VOLCANIC DUST should still get the upper hand, especially if showing a bit more this time, which looks highly possible. It's doubtful MISS BUNTER has improved enough since it's maiden win. RYEDALE DANCER is running to around it's mark, but looks more destined for a place than the winners enclosure today.

OTHERS

LING 11:45 SAGA LOUT
It's hard to see it losing here, but even money in a small field sprint? If TARTAN BLUES jockey makes her claim tell, and they go a decent pace, which they should, then it wouldn't have to improve that much on the figures to make a real race of it. A few 'ifs', but it's possible. Also with 3 usual front runners, things could be set up nicely for MOSSGO, should they cut their own throats upfront.

LING 1:50 GALLANTRY
Looks around 1.5L well in. The same can be said about STRATEGIC ACTION, but the 1M trip is of concern with that one. However, it would be crazy to go against STORM RUNNER, who technically on the figures isn't as well treated as GALLANTRY, but has a love of this CD.

WOLV 5:30 ROSE GARNET
Looks well in on the HCP (about 3L by my reckoning), but stall 8 is a big negative which will cut into that HCP advantage. Could still pull it off, but considering that CLIMAXOFRTACKLE is a bit classier, along with SILVER WIND which both have a liking for the course, it starts to look a bit too tight.

A couple of horses running from my horses to follow list today.

Beauty Pageant-E McMahon-5/6fs.

This horse has been very unlucky recently, lto split nto winner Sonko and nto winner Rylee Mouch at Lingfield when it was racing on the slow side, and previously btn hd by improving 3 yo Demora(67) now rated 80 with improving 3 yo Sandfrankskipsgo in 3rd at Bath drawn out wide in 15, winner drawn in 1. Best on a firm surface should win from this mark at Wolverhampton or Lingfield.

Under Par-M Easterby-7fs/1m.

Very interesting runner from this stable, after 3 runs down the field on turf at 100/1 ran a very decent 6th to Bond Fastrac carrying 11 lbs overweight btn 3 1/2 lengths, ran down the field next race but was always going to be of more interest on the AW as bred by Gentlemens Deal one of the most biased preferences of surface horses that i can remember.
Heavily backed on friday in the amateur race ran a decent 3rd to Artful Lady(whom was itself a massive eyecatcher previous race), despite not getting a clear run and looks sure to improve over further from this shrewd outfit.
Unfortunately both are pretty short prices but look to have conditions to suit.

5.0 wolves

Not exactly an eyecatcher last time out colour bearer but was left from a poor draw and looked a couple of lengths better than finishing postion behind volcanic dust and liberal lady.Has won off a mark of 65 on the track off 60 tomorrow so is well handicapped,again the draw has been unkind in 9 although this is a very poor race.Invigilator rarely runs a bad race in this grade,although not well handicapped if there's plenty of pace on he should run well.

KABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Took 9/2 and 6/1 got the fcast as well WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHHHHH!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:;):cool:

colourbearer,invigilator

Still keeping two days ahead on the form,but there's virtually been nothing worth doing thev cards are full of dodgepot races or prices simply aren't good eniough.Will keep adding to follows on here to keep things ticking over!!

1 2. Glory City (IRE) (6)ATR Tracker 11/4 Fav 2 9 - 3tp1 A Kirby
M Botti
held up in touch, ridden over 1f out, led inside final furlong, ran on
2 ½ 1. Infinite Magic (USA) (3)ATR Tracker 4/1 2 9 - 7 S Sanders
J Noseda
ridden leaving stalls, mid-division, headway over 1f out, every chance inside final furlong, held close home
3 ½ 3. Brownsea Brink (1)ATR Tracker 3/1 2Fav 2 8 - 11 William Twiston-Davies (5)
R Hannon
tracked leaders, ridden to lead over 1f out, headed and unable to quicken inside final furlong
4 ½ 4. Tight Knit (USA) (7)ATR Tracker 4/1 2 9 - 1 L Morris
J Tate
prominent, ridden over 2f out, led and edged left over 1f out, soon headed, stayed on same pace
5 4½ 7. Sewn Up (2)ATR Tracker 20/1 2 8 - 7 C Catlin
R Hollinshead
held up, effort 2f out, soon beaten and edged left
6 3 5. Red Eight (USA) (4)ATR Tracker 10/1 2 8 - 10 G Gibbons
J Butler
led, ridden over 2f out, headed over 1f out, weakened inside final furlong
7 2½ 6. Night's Watch (5)ATR Tracker 12/1 2 8 - 7 M Dwyer
W Jarvis
held up, took keen hold, hung right over 3f out, headway on outside over 2f out, soon beaten, edged left inside final furlong

Off Time:15:17:40
Winning Time:1m 47.68s

A nice looking nursery with the time of 1m47.68 although i havn't checked all this seasons nuseries at wolves i think this may have been the quickest.Winner won't go up much from the mark of 78 and probably worth following the first four for at least the near future!!The form looks rock solid with red eight previously winning by 3 1/2ls another 9ls back in this race and running off a mark of 71!!

glory city
infinite magic
brownsea brink
tight knit

Last edited:
1pt trade kames park 12/1 365!!

Out at 7.4 bang on the price i thought it would be with non runners!!;)

Last edited:
At 10 years of age and no win for 12 months doesn't look like one to follow but has been running extremely well in races not run to suit this season on the aw since late august.Has run 3/2/7/5/4/4/2/5 in some reasonable handicaps for the grades and everyone of those races he has been finishing well off a slow pace.He actually travelled like the winner today into the straight at lingfield but was done for toe,the time of the race backed up again being slowly run.That form now looks exceptional cool sky,chookie hamilton and jacobs son all easy winners next time out.December last year he was in form running 4th to tornado force running against horses in the 70s and then followed that up by winning in a reasonable time off 63 over 1m4fs at lingfield.The time was the quickest race he had run in over that distance in the last 12 months showing the necessity for some pace in the race for him to win.He's nearly won all his aw races in either december april/march and io will keep looking at the entries as he could keep slipping down the weights but still look a good bet,depending on make up of race
Looks a decent trade to me has run over this c/d 3rd december was runner up to chookie hamilton and a fair 5th to higher rated horses in october.I can't see him going off bigger than 7-8/1 tops in this race!Port charlotte looks quite interesting as well stepping down in grade and up in trip.

Will put another write up but the formlines are very tenuous in most races more interest is looking at the prices in the morning if they seem out of line compared to write up.

12.0 lingfield

You could only side with majuro and has been picking these races up already this season,is rated 79 not that i would be jumping in at odds on,nothing can beat him if he runs to form.Maz look interesting from an ew perspective and would be a lively outsider if the favourite flopped,stays futher than a mile and could run well off a fast pace!Non runner bold marc so race now looks open with bold marc and spin again with a chance,will go with spin again as other pick as bold marc has not won on the surface.Bold marc may well make all but has no form on this track.

,maz,bold marc

Last edited:

The form of the runners with experience looks weak consign behind lady malet last time out,lady malet beaten at odds on the last twice although the rest of the field bar one or two havn't run and is well bred so not impossible could come on again for the run.Lady lunchalot came out of a weak maiden the time seemed ok but the form looks very weak,if there's anything remotely half decent in here one of the newcomers will win.As the form looks so weak i'll go for the botti and dascombe newcomers al raqeeb and switcharooney!!Another n/r al raqeeb out,that leaves the race even less competituve and the fav could win this by default,will go for lady lunchalot as other pick the form looks weak but at least has the experience and the time was respectable.

lady lunchalot,switcharooney

Last edited:

A typical lingfield handicap at the moment seems to be a plethora of these poor races and very little value,don't know how this will be priced up,but i can see derfenna art off in front as last two runs is well handicapped on best turf form,but this does look the right level.The top horse duke of destiny has had a bit of a lay off so will stick with derfenna art and whinging willy as the danger,finishing strongly behind derfenna art last time out.

derfenna art,whinging willy

Brown petes out again if it was a mile would look a very strong favourite,only ran yesterday was quicker than the other div won by storm runner won with something in hand but steps up to 1m2fs tomorrow.To find anything remotely backable would be guessing,but as its just an interest for the write up will go for prince of thebes c/d winner loads of form december 2012 and although shown little this season has loads of good runs over this c/d.Youm jamil drops to lowest ever mark really looks like he wants 1m4fs so maybe to short but i can see sommerstrum going off to make it a true test and if that happens he maybe involved.The fav may not even run yet.

youm jamil,prince of thebes

The second div of the 1m2fs races and just as poor and difficult trying to find a winner,again the market all revolves around the well handicapped norwegian reward.It may hack up against this bunch but would rather look at alternatives over this trip,chasin rainbows gets the trip and is consistent takes a slight drop in class although the two favs obviously progressive.Will go for bridge the gap as other pick,came out of a very slowly run race beating neige d'atan very suspect form but lightly race,the runner up recently won off 61,has only had the four runs as well open to improvement.

bridge the gap,chasin rainbows

A reasonable handicap but everything looks exposed and that means there's no value in the race unless there's an angle regarding pace and i can't really see anything.Will go for clear praise as one pick has never won off this higher mark but has run well off this mark including over 5fs here behid taajub last season the track may suit over this 6fs.I wouldn't be surprised to see this as a slowly run 6fs and that would make my other pick italian tom his recent 5f form on apar with clear praise.

clear praise,italian tom

Three stand out glastonberry,lost a fair bit of ground running wide last time out as dfid paperetto stopped in run in same race,paparetoo has a 7 pound pull wth glaston=berry as well shoulfd be little bew=tween the.The other is efistorm,came out of a quick run handicap won by lucky mark,hoover and efistorm franked that form on next runs by winning.The tomes at the weights look almost identical and one or two of these may jusy finish together!!!!:D

glastonberry,paperetto,efistorm.

G...just be wary of the last two Wolverhampton meetings..the surface has been the quickest its ridden since October..the rain will be causing it.

these are the track speeds i get in December

seconds per mile

+1.0 on 3 Dec
+0.10 on 4 Dec
+0.40 on 14 Dec
+0.60 on 15 Dec[afternoon]
+1.00 on 15 Dec[evening]
+0.80 on 17 Dec
+1.60 on 21 Dec
+0.60 on 22 Dec
+1.80 on 26 Dec
+1.90 on 27 Dec

Three stand out glastonberry,lost a fair bit of ground running wide last time out as dfid paperetto stopped in run in same race,paparetoo has a 7 pound pull wth glaston=berry as well shoulfd be little bew=tween the.The other is efistorm,came out of a quick run handicap won by lucky mark,hoover and efistorm franked that form on next runs by winning.The tomes at the weights look almost identical and one or two of these may jusy finish together!!!!:D

glastonberry,paperetto,efistorm.

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Did the fcast form worked out spot on!;)

1pt trade arabian flight 10/1 365!!

Out at 6.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
First run for trainer michael appleby and again another horse to show massive improvement,was 5th to neige d'atan in a decent time of 1m59.18 over a second quicker than tomorrows royal sea 5/2 favs win.The favourite won easily last time out but if arabian flight repeats that run would have to be about and is the value in the race.Could again be another appleby gamble,looks at worst a decent trade in a poor race!!

+1.00 on 15 Dec[evening]

Greenhead High ran in the final race of that evening and the fast track would not have really helped this horse who can get 7f.

Better drawn tomorrow, Teasdale already won on him and probably a horse that well benefit from pace pressure. No worries regarding h/cap mark.

Missed the 7/1, but 11/2 seems a decent price.

Back