Daily picks.

Ridiculous times at wolves today 2 course records 5fs woolfall soveriegn 59.79 and alfred hutchinson 1m1/2 1m46.07,the most noticeable thing being every winner came from off the pace.This could be a running theme unless uncontested leads,the sames been happening at lingfield,over racing and races collapsing an interesting angle when the books start putting up some decent prices!!

No doubt priestleys reward and parhelion will try and run the sting out of the milers who on ratings have better form,but doubts over the distance one way or another looks the danger to these two..The probability is they won't be able to go quick enough and the finish will be fought out by priestleys reward and one way or another my two against the field!!Priestleys non runner parhelion could fight out the finish now will surely lead to test stamina doubts.

one way or another,parhelion.

A weak looking maiden and some poor form even though the gosden horse looks like being short, tanawar probably the most interesting runner given a relatively quiet ride on debut although beaten a long way would be my pick and wouldn't be surprised if bet as 125,000 purchase the donny maiden has horses in there around the 80 mark,Any progression on better surfsce like this could easily figure,its a poor race.

tanawar

A very poor race,derwentwater looks ridiculously well handicapped on the yarmouth run surrounded by winners that maiden was different class to these has looked nothing like that horse since.Tomorrow blinkers are on and the last hope of seeing if he can produce anywhere near that form,looked a potential 70 horse on that form is off 59 tomorrow,maybe worth a last chance.Tillstar has form in this grade and although not very good could win on default if blinkers don't work on the gosden horse.

derwentwater,tilstar1st and second got 3/1 the pair and reverse fcast £6.30

Staffhoss still open to improvement the other three runners look pretty exposed although the time of run it twice behind yaroom was pretty good and that looks the danger to me of dave evans,had archie stevens in behind winner yesterday the only negative for the evans horse maybe the trip but the others don't look great.The danger to the fav!!

staffhoss,run it twce ook 11/2 run it twice unplaced

The two 3yr old look closely matched on their lingfield times and may fight out the finish getting all the weight from the 4yr olds plus open to slight improvement!!

outbid,princess cammie

Very little to split the front three in the betting although el libertador has c/d form of 1/2/4/2 and 2 pound pull wioth jacobs son on last run,el libertador has some fadter runs on the clock over this trip so maybe the slightly better value.I'll have these two as my picks!

el libertador,jacobs son

A trict interpretation of the form would put ishikawa well clesr of these through thecornishcoboy,those formlines should be fav but i'll go with recent form of calypso magic showed nice tur of foot,was rated in the 80s earlier in the year so could progress again.Could also see sail home running ok finished behind calypso magic last time out,went clear in the straight masy have been disadvantage ion the rail and may simply not be good enough but again off a reassonable mark and could run well!!

calypso magic,sail home

WOLVES

Races i very rarely bet in,this looks ultra competiyive i can see 5/6 in this so prices there could be something stand out,the two kirby horses stand out goldan jess with simon walker on and stormy morning,golden jess runner up to italian riviera rated in the 70s now will be overbet i would imagine but the form looks decent and will probably lead this race.Stormy morning returns to the aw but never run this far on the surface as has mc birney another well handicapped but so far furthest trip run over 1m4fs,this is a big drop in class though and I'll go with these two although wouldn't be confident of mc birney staying it's quite an interesting move the step up in trip !!

golden jess,mcbirney

Desert vision ran in a decent claimer in november in a fairlly respectable time classic colori has over 5ls to make up 6 pound pull,they look the two to conncentrate on and could well fight out the finish as long as there's some decent pace on then the others may struggle.

desert vision,classic colori

Pin job fortunate bid usually runs his race and is reasinably well handicapped,he has ground to find on two ther runners from two seperate races cadmium loch from april also inconsistent but 13 pound lower tomorrow and kieltys folly 2nd off 57 in april now off 51.You could make a case for 3/4 of the field but these would be the most interesting off marksd and prices.

fortunate bid 5/1,cadmium loch 14/1,kieltys folly 10/1

Competiyve stuff looks to difficult to be positive,kung hei fat choy ran inexplicably bad in the week at lingfield and roy the boy seems to be hard to win with again there aren't many you can discount a few in there i've been waiting to run as well but its so competitve!!Will go for the roy the boy again purely on his c/d form and times and kung hei fat choy must be better than run on monday after a decent time on previous run.

roy the boy,kung hei fat choy

Miss bunter looked one to fiollow and at the moment the track seems to be favouring horses off the pace,evey winner at wolves came off the opace yesterday she really wants 6fs but looks still to have a decent chance,the danger looks like ryedale dancer has a reasonable pull in the weights with m j woodward for a nk 6 pound.Considering jock lost the irons last time out was still passing horses in miss bunters race,would surely have been involved in the finish,these two stand out to me.

ryedale dancer,miss bunter

Ultra competitve to difficult to make any strong picks and i think has been priced up poorly,will go for dickie le davoir seems to be running a bit more consiostently,as mentioned earlier the tracks favouring finishers and that will suit.He will have to improve on last run but with 5 pound claimer is still lower than aw debut this sesson behind gung ho jack form thats worked out.The other that could be open to improvement is polar venture only slightly slower than diman waters on the 9th of november on debut when third in a maiden over c/d.Diman waters rated 69 winning the handicap carrying 4 pound less,he's a half brother to dever dream did win on the aw,he's not going to be great but he's only on a mark of 66 he could well be up to ruinning in the 70s and improve with only the 3 runs so far.

polar venture,dickie le davoir

Non runner polar venture makes the race even more open,will go with colybor still open to improvemebt on the surface with only three runs and 2 places,a 4th to galician off 69 on 64 on the aw potentuial improver in exposed race.

Despertate race to end with,only one decent piece of form in the race thats by malindi the 11l bearting at donny was in a decent time,faster than the older horses rated in the 80s and 90s earlier on the card.The first three are rated in the 80s,90s and 100 mark now and even port charlotte another 4ls behind in 6th is now rated 67.This maybe her race tomorrow,although it maybe worth watching for awhile just to see what mark she gets put on.

malindi

Last edited:
KEMPTON

Desperate stuff,there's one formline through frans hall that links thev fav and sofis sprit and unless the swell winner seemenomore comes back to form they may well fight out the finish.

hazza the jazza,sofi's spirit

Another messy race,loads of c/d form but loads opf inconsistent types in the lowest grade shirataki i took out as non trier a couple of races back now swiched to its favourite track and a markk of 60 hasn't been able to run in one of these since winning off 56 this time lasst year.An interestuing runner but only opened up 7/1 with books and being backed c/d record of 2/6 would have to be in the short list.Two others at bigger prices one was just behind shirakati over c/d and also landesherr lasst run over 1m4s was second off 59 in a better race on the aw at wolves 65 rated runners in that race...

shirataki,landesherr,times square

A non event odds on imperial guest should win but first time on the aw,spirit of sharjah was rated 104 and may show now dropping in ratings could be well handicapped.At these weights should struggle,but is half decent on the aw may give it a race or may just follow imperial guest in.

imperial guest,spirit of sharjah

Highly competitive,loads of formlines as they've all been ruinning against each other,lasst season lstkingofscotland clocked up a decent time over the c/d of 1m11.71 good for the grade and was quicker than the second div.There are a few that should turn the for round with him on recent form and may well do so but he has run well in quick times here so will have him as a pick and will have rambo will doesn't look well handicapped but when running off 70 has been placed here twice.

lastkingofscotland,rambo will

Very competitve lots of them have run against each other before and you could make a cae for 7/8 in the race,i'll go for if i had him,hadn't run for 23 months on aw comeback run but stuill ran respectably.If he shows the form of his win off 56 tomorrow off 57 when beating ultimate quest now rated 68 that would be good form in this grade.That was pover 2 seasons ag but he looked progressive on the aw so after the lay off there maybe more to come.Dangers everywhere coup de grace lightly raced on the aw open to improvement was motoring at the end of the race behind jacobs son and could be open to loads of improvement.

if i had him,coup de grace

All about the fav on ratings although times at the track suggest its not a total walkover,subtle difference may guive him a race could be thev fcast.

subtledifference

Gigs

Competiyve stuff looks to difficult to be positive,kung hei fat choy ran inexplicably bad in the week at lingfield and roy the boy seems to be hard to win with again there aren't many you can discount a few in there i've been waiting to run as well but its so competitve!!Will go for the roy the boy again purely on his c/d form and times and kung hei fat choy must be better than run on monday after a decent time on previous run.

Kung Hei Fat Choy ideally needs further than 7f, and won 2 ago because of the strong early pace (last 3f 1.6secs slower than latest run, even though overall time I sec quicker).
Difficult to say today, with so many inexperienced jockeys, but looks unlikely to get the pace he needs, and Polar Kite might just be the one to benefit.

(Forgive the intrusion - bored silly!)

Good luck Gigs.

Gabbiano, with Kirby replacing Da Silva, who is at the track, took my eye in the 5.20.

I thought he would win a h/cap last year off his mark, following his debut run, but he's a hard puller and had some hampered rides.

Website message not that positive:

We just have the one runner today at Kempton in the 5.20. Gabbiano with Adam Kirby aboard returns to the track after a long lay-off and it is likely he will come on for the run. He has drawn well on the inside and will likely be ridden in behind with cover to let him finish the race off. He has had a history of being a little keen in the past so the aim would be to keep him relaxed as possible from the start.

There looks enough early pace on and an entry in 5 days time is always worth a look. Changing from the cheekpieces to hood for the 1st time, doesn't strike me as a learning excercise.

I backed him last night only for it to drift, but I'd expect/hope of some support come race time.

No doubt priestleys reward and parhelion will try and run the sting out of the milers who on ratings have better form,but doubts over the distance one way or another looks the danger to these two..The probability is they won't be able to go quick enough and the finish will be fought out by priestleys reward and one way or another my two against the field!!Priestleys non runner parhelion could fight out the finish now will surely lead to test stamina doubts.

A weak looking maiden and some poor form even though the gosden horse looks like being short, tanawar probably the most interesting runner given a relatively quiet ride on debut although beaten a long way would be my pick and wouldn't be surprised if bet as 125,000 purchase the donny maiden has horses in there around the 80 mark,Any progression on better surfsce like this could easily figure,its a poor race.

tanawar

A very poor race,derwentwater looks ridiculously well handicapped on the yarmouth run surrounded by winners that maiden was different class to these has looked nothing like that horse since.Tomorrow blinkers are on and the last hope of seeing if he can produce anywhere near that form,looked a potential 70 horse on that form is off 59 tomorrow,maybe worth a last chance.Tillstar has form in this grade and although not very good could win on default if blinkers don't work on the gosden horse.

Staffhoss still open to improvement the other three runners look pretty exposed although the time of run it twice behind yaroom was pretty good and that looks the danger to me of dave evans,had archie stevens in behind winner yesterday the only negative for the evans horse maybe the trip but the others don't look great.The danger to the fav!!

The two 3yr old look closely matched on their lingfield times and may fight out the finish getting all the weight from the 4yr olds plus open to slight improvement!!

outbid,princess cammie
KABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!:cool:Miles claer on times cracking sp and the other didn't run!!:lol:

Very little to split the front three in the betting although el libertador has c/d form of 1/2/4/2 and 2 pound pull wioth jacobs son on last run,el libertador has some fadter runs on the clock over this trip so maybe the slightly better value.I'll have these two as my picks!

el libertador,jacobs son

A strict interpretation of the form would put ishikawa well clesr of these through thecornishcoboy,those formlines should be fav but i'll go with recent form of calypso magic showed nice tur of foot,was rated in the 80s earlier in the year so could progress again.Could also see sail home running ok finished behind calypso magic last time out,went clear in the straight masy have been disadvantage ion the rail and may simply not be good enough but again off a reassonable mark and could run well!!

calypso magic,sail home12/1 3rd fav ishikawa wins

WOLVES

Races i very rarely bet in,this looks ultra competiyive i can see 5/6 in this so prices there could be something stand out,the two kirby horses stand out goldan jess with simon walker on and stormy morning,golden jess runner up to italian riviera rated in the 70s now will be overbet i would imagine but the form looks decent and will probably lead this race.Stormy morning returns to the aw but never run this far on the surface as has mc birney another well handicapped but so far furthest trip run over 1m4fs,this is a big drop in class though and I'll go with these two although wouldn't be confident of mc birney staying it's quite an interesting move the step up in trip !!

golden jess,mcbirney

Desert vision ran in a decent claimer in november in a fairlly respectable time classic colori has over 5ls to make up 6 pound pull,they look the two to conncentrate on and could well fight out the finish as long as there's some decent pace on then the others may struggle.

Pin job fortunate bid usually runs his race and is reasinably well handicapped,he has ground to find on two ther runners from two seperate races cadmium loch from april also inconsistent but 13 pound lower tomorrow and kieltys folly 2nd off 57 in april now off 51.You could make a case for 3/4 of the field but these would be the most interesting off marksd and prices.

fortunate bid 5/1,cadmium loch 14/1keiltys folly 25/1 3rd

Miss bunter looked one to fiollow and at the moment the track seems to be favouring horses off the pace,evey winner at wolves came off the opace yesterday she really wants 6fs but looks still to have a decent chance,the danger looks like ryedale dancer has a reasonable pull in the weights with m j woodward for a nk 6 pound.Considering jock lost the irons last time out was still passing horses in miss bunters race,would surely have been involved in the finish,these two stand out to me.

Ultra competitve to difficult to make any strong picks and i think has been priced up poorly,will go for dickie le davoir seems to be running a bit more consiostently,as mentioned earlier the tracks favouring finishers and that will suit.He will have to improve on last run but with 5 pound claimer is still lower than aw debut this sesson behind gung ho jack form thats worked out.The other that could be open to improvement is polar venture only slightly slower than diman waters on the 9th of november on debut when third in a maiden over c/d.Diman waters rated 69 winning the handicap carrying 4 pound less,he's a half brother to dever dream did win on the aw,he's not going to be great but he's only on a mark of 66 he could well be up to ruinning in the 70s and improve with only the 3 runs so far.

Non runner polar venture makes the race even more open,will go with colybor still open to improvemebt on the surface with only three runs and 2 places,a 4th to galician off 69 on 64 on the aw potentuial improver in exposed race.

Despertate race to end with,only one decent piece of form in the race thats by malindi the 11l bearting at donny was in a decent time,faster than the older horses rated in the 80s and 90s earlier on the card.The first three are rated in the 80s,90s and 100 mark now and even port charlotte another 4ls behind in 6th is now rated 67.This maybe her race tomorrow,although it maybe worth watching for awhile just to see what mark she gets put on.

malindi

Last edited:

tanawar

outbid,princess cammie

el libertador,jacobs son

A trict interpretation of the form would put ishikawa well clesr of these through thecornishcoboy,those formlines should be fav but i'll go with recent form of calypso magic showed nice tur of foot,was rated in the 80s earlier in the year so could progress again.Could also see sail home running ok finished behind calypso magic last time out,went clear in the straight masy have been disadvantage ion the rail and may simply not be good enough but again off a reassonable mark and could run well!!

calypso magic,sail home

WOLVES

golden jess,mcbirney

HAPPY NEW YEAR KABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM On at 7/1 sluiced up you can't beat the clock whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosssssssssssssssssssssssshhhh!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

malindi

Gigs

Kung Hei Fat Choy ideally needs further than 7f, and won 2 ago because of the strong early pace (last 3f 1.6secs slower than latest run, even though overall time I sec quicker).
Difficult to say today, with so many inexperienced jockeys, but looks unlikely to get the pace he needs, and Polar Kite might just be the one to benefit.

(Forgive the intrusion - bored silly!)

7/1 was enormous if it repeated the lingfield run and like i was saying in the write ups hoprses are just not geeting home even though riding extremely quick!!Happy new year everyone never lose the faith in the times!!:cool:

Had my biggest bet of the year on this one gigs :lol:

More than made up for the disappointment last time out, on at 13/2 this morning

tanawar

outbid,princess cammie

el libertador,jacobs son

calypso magic,sail home

WOLVES

golden jess,mcbirney

KABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM HERE GO ANOTHER FEW ACCOUNTS CLEANED UP WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE FCAST LOOKED NAILED ON AND AS I SAID SUITED HORSES THAT STAY A BIT FURTHER!!!!!:ninja::lol::lol::lol:

malindi

tanawar

outbid,princess cammie

el libertador,jacobs son

calypso magic,sail home

WOLVES

golden jess,mcbirney

Here we go again KABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHH I do believe thats another thats sluiced up!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::cool:

malindi

KEMPTON

Desperate stuff,there's one formline through frans hall that links thev fav and sofis sprit and unless the swell winner seemenomore comes back to form they may well fight out the finish.

Another messy race,loads of c/d form but loads opf inconsistent types in the lowest grade shirataki i took out as non trier a couple of races back now swiched to its favourite track and a markk of 60 hasn't been able to run in one of these since winning off 56 this time lasst year.An interestuing runner but only opened up 7/1 with books and being backed c/d record of 2/6 would have to be in the short list.Two others at bigger prices one was just behind shirakati over c/d and also landesherr lasst run over 1m4s was second off 59 in a better race on the aw at wolves 65 rated runners in that race...

A non event odds on imperial guest should win but first time on the aw,spirit of sharjah was rated 104 and may show now dropping in ratings could be well handicapped.At these weights should struggle,but is half decent on the aw may give it a race or may just follow imperial guest in.

KABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Here we go again took 10s on betfair WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH!!!!!:lol::blink:

Highly competitive,loads of formlines as they've all been ruinning against each other,lasst season lstkingofscotland clocked up a decent time over the c/d of 1m11.71 good for the grade and was quicker than the second div.There are a few that should turn the for round with him on recent form and may well do so but he has run well in quick times here so will have him as a pick and will have rambo will doesn't look well handicapped but when running off 70 has been placed here twice.

Very competitve lots of them have run against each other before and you could make a cae for 7/8 in the race,i'll go for if i had him,hadn't run for 23 months on aw comeback run but stuill ran respectably.If he shows the form of his win off 56 tomorrow off 57 when beating ultimate quest now rated 68 that would be good form in this grade.That was pover 2 seasons ag but he looked progressive on the aw so after the lay off there maybe more to come.Dangers everywhere coup de grace lightly raced on the aw open to improvement was motoring at the end of the race behind jacobs son and could be open to loads of improvement.

All about the fav on ratings although times at the track suggest its not a total walkover,subtle difference may guive him a race could be thev fcast.

subtledifference

tanawar

outbid,princess cammie

el libertador,jacobs son

calypso magic,sail home

WOLVES

golden jess,mcbirney

malindi

Looked a certainty 4/5:lol: thats five on the bounce and fcast KABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!My first bets of the new year!!!!!:D:D;)

KEMPTON

Here we go again on at 7/1 KABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Was motoring last time out :lol::lol: and the other placed as well.Winner number 8 wish i'd had a bit more luck with the other 8 places as well!!!:lol::lol::D;)

subtledifference

Last edited:
KEMPTON

subtledifference

And topped off with the fcast in the last!!!Been an unreal day started off slowly then KAPOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::cool:

On form today gigilo, well done! Desert Vision let me down on the trixies for a monster return but Kung Hei Fat Choy made the day profitable overall!

Look forward to tomorrows write up?!

Exhausted and going to give tomorrow a miss there were some good trades but i was so involved with all those meetings never kept track.Maybe something friday but been ill for the last couple of weeks and everyone in the house is ill with something as well.Knackered!!

1pt trade final drive 12/1365!!!

Out at 8.8 favourite heavily backed and with kirby off better to be in a decent position!

Last edited:
Another kirby butler horse that was given a very quiet ride at wolves today,played up before the start but appeared to be full of running and no attempt by kirby to put it in the race.Was a bit surprised he didn't get pulled in for this,as he sat in behind them and when the horse went to go left he pulled it back in behind again and made sure it couldn't run on.They don't get much more blatant than that,horse is now off 72 already this season has run reasonable races when 3rd to postion off 80 back in august and a 4th to fogive off the same mark.Has now not won since december 2010,infact has been last on numerous occasions,the horse has obviously regressed was rated 101 in 2011 so there is no way it hasn't been trying since that mark as obvioulsy had ability to win decent races.But looking at this seasons for is still capable of running to the 80 mark and will be worth looking at entries in future!!

That was from last run,whether without kirby riding it will be trying impossible to sat but stevie donohue has won on him and he only went off 5/1 against tomorrows fav last time out after running loose.Will surely be backed at 10/1,at worst looks a cracking trade in a race where most of the horses aren't great on this surface.Now 12/1 with 365!!

Last edited:
At 10 years of age and no win for 12 months doesn't look like one to follow but has been running extremely well in races not run to suit this season on the aw since late august.Has run 3/2/7/5/4/4/2/5/5 in some reasonable handicaps for the grades and everyone of those races he has been finishing well off a slow pace.He actually travelled like the winner today into the straight at lingfield but was done for toe,the time of the race backed up again being slowly run.That form now looks exceptional cool sky,chookie hamilton and jacobs son all easy winners next time out.December last year he was in form running 4th to tornado force running against horses in the 70s and then followed that up by winning in a reasonable time off 63 over 1m4fs at lingfield.The time was the quickest race he had run in over that distance in the last 12 months showing the necessity for some pace in the race for him to win.He's nearly won all his aw races in either december april/march!!

That was write up last time out,again the pace went against him and given a very poor ride with quinn riding and the way the track is i think they may just go to quick he may have more of a chance tomorrow!!

1pt trade kames park 8/1 365!!!

Out at 6.8!!!

Last edited:
I'm confused, gigilo!

Kirby was riding at Lingfield today and I can't find any runners for Butler.

You did mean today, did you?

That was from 2 runs ago colin they are to follows horses i put on here previously just copied it and put it up again.

Back