Daily picks.

Another card without much value,i actually had a few marked off but was hoping to see more books,seems to be a running theme at the moment.Very few books pricing up,or going up late and prices already gone hopefully this will stop once the xmas period is over.Little preview again!

2.05 wolves

I think if another citizen had a decent draw the way it won last time out looked a natural 5f horse would probably win is only a pound higher with the claimer taking 5 off.He's run on the aw 6 times won once and placed the other 5 times,impossible to leave out but has the 10 draw in a better race.You can probably make cases for quite a few in the race especially if they go off to quick.Greenhead high is drawn 4 looks an obvious alternative slipping nicely down the weights,ran a cracker when 4th to ring for baileys from the 12 draw,mustv'e given the field that day 6ls the distance he travelled.His recent form doesn't look as good,shirley teasdale rides and the last time he won was off this mark beating kylladie over c/d!!

another citizen,greenhead high

Very little form to go on,magic ice came out of the maiden race won by recent handicap winner saga lout winning off 70,ran respectably but you wouldn't be overly confident of the 5fs being best trip.The obvious pick in the race as the others have done very little,alfaisailiah wasn't to bad a run on debut and looked one that might be an improver only to disappoint over the 5fs at lingfield.She maybe a bigger danger than faffa to magic ice!

magic ice,alfaisailah

Sandy lane looks one to follow has clocked up two reasonable times for the grade one at kempton then the next time win at lingfield,she'll definitely be winning more race over 7fs.She will [probably win but with drop in trip it doesn't look certain,two dangers in the field for me kai and valdaw kai has some handicap form at this level with a decent draw and all mc cabes runners placed today.Valdaw third behind temple road recent winner again and the second cl;apped had been running consistently well and runner up to bull run all have postives!!

sandy lane,kai,valdaw

As mentioned on the bet put up arabian flight first run for michael appleby was run in a fast time the 10/1 was huge,sitting on a decent trade at worst of he runs to that level again should run well.Was well over a second quicker than tomorrows favourite royal sea,admittedly won easy and will win again but very short.Everything is so out of form its hard to make any picks but the two with recent form bar arabian flight are the fav and guava has a pull in weights may run ok!

arabian flight,guava

I was looking for a low drawn front runner in the 2:05, as with the forecast rain it looks likely to be riding on the fast side again. Greenhead High jumped out as a possible at first, but theres that many that like to be up front, I decided to leave the race. It looked a bit tight on my figures for a sprint anyway.

ARABIAN FLIGHT looked a possible EW, but the likely value has gone. ROYAL SEA could be better over this trip, though the time wasn't great LTO, but it did it well enough. It also isn't a stretch of the imagination to visualise THE WHICH DOCTOR bouncing back to some sort of form for it's new yard in second time blinkers and on a career low mark.

--------------------------

WOLV 4:10 CRYSTAL PEAKS / FLYWHEEL - RFC @ 44.24 & 46.16

Crystal Peaks was always going to be a worry over the longer trip LTO (I backed it like a mug), but it was also taken on up front which wouldn't have helped either. Back over this shorter trip and with Dale Swift back in the saddle, can see it continue to progress and go in again, maybe!

Flywheel tracked Crystal Peaks when it won on the 28/11/12, and only went down by 1.5L. This one is also open to improvement, and is 3lb better off for that beating. I'm also of the opinion it was 'slightly' less favourable to stay far side than come center, so all in all Flywheel ran a good race.

The race itself has worked out fairly well, and there might not be a lot between them at the line today. My main concern, rather being from the other runners, is the fact Flywheel is racing without the tongue tie and blinkers for her new yard, and being a small filly, may get intimidated.

Rakticate should run an OK race, but looks a little short of what is likely required, unless they go far too quick early. Misleading Promise & Pairumani Prince could also come out of their LTO race and run well, but I prefer the look of the 28/11/12 race.

I actually think She's Some Girl went a little backwards LTO, and a form line through that one would put Crystals Peaks race in front, especially if Shes Some Girl had gone a touch backwards. Misleading Promise could improve for the slight step up in trip, but I reckon it will need to improve more than it is likely to do to win.

Anyway, at the prices it looks worth ago. Like I say though, the missing tongue tie and blinkers could be what spoils the RFC party.

Lots of closely knit formlines in this race crystal peaks won over c/d at the end of november off 56 had flywheel also running tomorrow a length behind.That form has worked out the second corton lads won in this grade the fifths also won and a few runners in behind have run well in handicaps since.Flywheel could run well with the three pound turnaround as well,the time of that race was 1m49.01 reasonable for low grade such as this the field looking very exposed and if they repeat that run won't be far away.The other one that catches my eye and i think will win a rasce is she's some girl has run behind the two mentioned but has a stone turn around in the weights for 6 3/4lsd and 10pound turnaround with another one of tomorrows runners pairumani prince for 3 3/4ls she may out run her price of 16/1!!

crystal peaks,flywheel,she's some girl

Last edited:
Will add this as it maybe a gamble and a nice trade ioannou ran 6th in a maiden behind buckland had a few horses just infront of it that have run well rich again in 5th won handicap on next run off 60.Ioannou was left 6ls in that race and was staying on he might just be the value,the only alternative is the fav lieutenant dan.

ioannou,lieutenant dan

5.10 wolves.

Taken 4/1 currently 7/4!!!!!!

Last edited:

Sandy lane looks one to follow has clocked up two reasonable times for the grade one at kempton then the next time win at lingfield,she'll definitely be winning more race over 7fs.She will [probably win but with drop in trip it doesn't look certain,two dangers in the field for me kai and valdaw kai has some handicap form at this level with a decent draw and all mc cabes runners placed today.Valdaw third behind temple road recent winner again and the second cl;apped had been running consistently well and runner up to bull run all have postives!!

sandy lane,kai,valdaw

KABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Took 9/4 and fcast!!!!Will win again,even better over further!!;)

Will add this as it maybe a gamble and a nice trade ioannou ran 6th in a maiden behind buckland had a few horses just infront of it that have run well rich again in 5th won handicap on next run off 60.Ioannou was left 6ls in that race and was staying on he might just be the value,the only alternative is the fav lieutenant dan.

ioannou,lieutenant dan

5.10 wolves.

Taken 4/1 currently 7/4!!!!!!

KABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Looked different class!!!!WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Beat the quinlans to the prices as well,looks like the post on here wrecked them;),to clever for them and looked like it had loads to come anyway on top of that lasst run!Hope you got a decent price!!:cool::lol:

1pt trade kung hei fat choy 3/1 lads!! ppower boyles.

Going to be a very good day out at 2.46

Wouldn't be surprised if cut across made all off false pace after seeing the lst race.

Last edited:
Kung hei fat choy won in a decent time last time out 1m23.03 but in doing so won cheekily,there looked more to come even though stepping up in grade.He looks more of a decent trade as he should go off fav after cut across not getting come in a relatively slow time last time out and brocklebank and decent fella already well backed look the dangers.I wouldn't be surprised to see him go off half the current 3/1 on offer.

Bull bay looks overpriced although similar to kung hei fat choy especially from his 10 draw he looks more of a decent trade with a couple of unexposed ones in the race.Bull bays 4th to gung ho jack at wolves over 6fs,another citizen second winner since and runner up and third restless bay all running well since was decent form.Bull bay then went to kempton winning a maiden in virtually the same time as commanche tomorrows 9/4 fav on the same night but 4x the price.He has a bad draw but this is a poor race and will be surprised if not backed,with only 7 lifetime runs ran in a better race than this last time out i think he will go off around 5-6/1 in this race.

10/1 365!!

Last edited:
Desert strike goes off 10/1 in an abysmal race tomorrow i certainly wouldn't want to be backing anything at the front end of the market,horses that rarely win in this grade.Not sure conor dores getting the best out of desert strike or stables really in form,but was only two races back when runner up to roys legacy off this mark in different class race.Crowley rides and will surely be backed at 10/1 even if its only a decent trade.Atlantic beach may run well as also looks well handicapped as well lowest mark since winning off 65 last season off 64 tomorrow especially as bradley horses usually take a couple of runs to hit form.His price of 10/1 also is decent if anywhere near his best or the wolves run with desert strike,winston rides and i can see one of these at least heavily backed.

Will have a 1 pt trade atlantic beach as well 10/1 365!!

Cracking day on the trades out at 7.4 desert strike and 8.6 atlantic beach!!

Last edited:
LING 2:00 AMOSITE

I've just dropped it from 5/1 down to 7/2 with 365, but 7/2 will still offer some good value imo. I might go back in again, tempting.

Ran too hard for it's own good LTO, yet still managed to clock a good time and almost hold on. The placed horses have been out since and finished 1,2, and they'd had Amosite's LTO race run to suit. I think AMOSITE was the horse to take from that whole meeting.

Very solid bet!

Preview for rest of card!!

firstkissoflove would be interesting on win for clive cox, benoni came out of that race on handicap debut winning off 68 abnd a few others are now rated higher aye aye skipper has won and a rating of 79.Her maiden was only .06 slower than dark emerald rated 87 winning the second div that day at liecester,she disappointed for new stable and finished near last at donny in a hot handicap.She could run well in what is a weak looking handicap,although she hasn't run for 95 days i will be watching her closely in this race she may well still be worth following during the aw season.

Amosite,diamond vineprobably the two most likely winners amosite has a poor strike rate but ran well over 7fs last time out finishing infront of the two i put up last time out glastonberry and paperetto they finished 1,2 next time out and the time was comparitively good on the card.The field look desperately out of form some were slightly better than this, one being diamond vine now on lowest mark since winning off 65 last february.January,feb time was running in better races than this at his best would be fav and trainers had three winners recently,they look the two picks if they repeat their best.

Last edited:

This l;ooks another weak race for the grade storm runner stepping up in class seems short l'hirondelle although a veteran now could run ok if given an easy lead.Already won this season off 68,beating next time out winner daruband,after a long break.Went onto run off 71 chasing suicidal pace set by roy the boy,then couldn't get the lead in lowthers race,seb sanders may get a soft lead although yankee storm could ruin that and that maybe his undoing.

Last edited:
sexton house

An interesting ride today from william carson on sexton house got to the front and ridden as though 5fs not 6fs,a very strange ride.It's recent form has been very poor but when 9th of 12 to glastonberry looked to pick the bit up when the race was over looking to need further.Looking back through the horses history won on debut over 7fs,4th to morache music on second run at windsor given a mark of 80 then campaigned in ireland showing nothing.Switched to mccabe stable showed nothing but then a decent run over 5fs on soft ground when 6th of 16 to lupo d'oro off 69,its only bit of form but different class to its current mark of only 54 on the aw.That ride was obviously deliberate today,carson never picked whip up just incase the horse picked up,i will be watching this closely and i wouldn't be totally surprised to see it switched back to 7f races even though from somewhere showed loads of pace today to lead.He was certainly desperate to lead that race at crazy fractions and that could only be for one reason.An interesting runner at probable big prices!!:cool:

Last edited:
Was heavily gambled two previous ones, massive drifter yesterday and as you say gig, strange ride, it is those things the bha should be looking into. Very odd.

Nothing to look at really as its only got one slight piece of form in 12 months,it may still show nothing yet that ride yesterday just showed it has more pace.Whether its going to run better over 6fs in future or 7fs bit of guesswork hopefully will be some decent prices to have ago at in future.The same things been happening with those violet jordan horses,but they were well handicapped but identical sort of rides then big gambles when ridden differently.:ninja:

Back