Daily picks.

Although rakaan is exposed these races on the aw are full of exposed horses even at this slightly higher level,todays race won by emerald wilderness confirmed that over what looked an inadequate trip.Rakaan was always travelling well throughout,never got a run was nearest finish arguably could have won but wouldv'e definitely been placed.He will now be decent value in a very similar race and might pop up at a decent price!!

That was off to follows from the 3rd of february,that day he finished behind george guru and just infront of webbow and he got no run was unlucky not to be involved in the finish.He's beaten alfred hutchinson this season and finished behind it when george baker gave it a poor ride wouldn't have won but was making his run and has 6 pound turnaround.Webbow was also given a poor ride by george baker in that race with rakaan and he could also run well.Nearly all the runners in this races form are linked in someway rakaans ties in just as well as anything else in the race,that handicap last time out wAs the quickest mile at lingfield this season if he repeats that run he's more like a 7-8/1 shot.He is the value in the race at the prices may even see 16/1 yet as well,i'll be surprised if he's not reasonably well bet in this race.

I'm extremely confident that over this trip Utopie Des Bordes will have way too many guns for them both

Well done Tanlic.

I don't do much on the jumps and not touched them at all since Darlan, but I backed this on your post.

The Cadillac price is a teaser now, Gigs.

1pt trade black cadillac 3/1 skybet.

3/1 ppower

Given a fairly easy ride at lingfield on friday off a slow pace polar venture and khawatim still looking reasonably well handicapped i think black cadillac was the other to take from the race.He's only had 13 lifetime runs and last season looked like progressing to a slightly higher level was beaten a length behind last kingofscotland at kempton over 6fs off 63 in a decent time of 1m11.71 good for the grade and far quicker than the other division on the same card.That particular race had 70+ rated horses well beaten,he went onto hack up off 64 didn't progress after, this was a sign that he could still be reasonably well handicapped as i think the pace was against him and also there was no intent of really being put into that race either.The standard of races for horses only rated up to 70 is very weak on the aw and as he's gone unnoticed on last two rujns might be some nice value floating around.I can see him running well at wolves or back at his proven kempton,he may well win a couple over the last few months of the aw!!

Off to follows given another poor ride last week when finishing full of running 3/1 doesn't represent much value especially as the jock maybe the negative but has the best form in the race there are lots of formlines that point to him being the winner.Hopefully will be well backed to at leasst get trade out of it,he still looks progressive and his div last week was only just slower than temple roads so the times look solid as well he could be different class to these.

Backed again with victor and lads at 7/2!
Have taken 4/1 hills lads as well drifting like barge,as mentioned probably due to jock so not that unsurprising.

Have taken 6s on betfair i've only just seen that baby dottie has been taken out explains the drift as only pace in the race and this is what black cadillac needs will probably be falsely run race,i will probably diregard this form today if that is the case.[/QUOTE

Took some more at 7.0 and 8.0
KABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSHHHHHH!!!!:lol::lol::lol:Completely different class just kept backing the drift!!!!

Last edited:
Relentless week yet again :ninja: that wouldv'e gone off 2/1 in the week the form was spot on as well last week 1 1/2ls quicker than belle bayardo in the second div last week and 1,2 this week.It looked different class and was,you can ignore these dritfs ion a saturday they make the value!!;):lol::lol:

speak the truth 1st 9/2
compton prince
honeyhaven
glory city,infinite magic 1st 9/4,brownsea brink
wreningham
masai moon
sister guru
black cadillac 1st 6/1:lol:
sole danser
waabel
bold ring
mc birney
bajan bear
ready
generalyze
my son max
tyrur ted 1st 13/2;)
rakaan
amenable

I see violet jordan ran amenable again today on the poly :lol:

Last edited:
Cracking winner yesterday Andy and what a price, nice to see you can get the markets wrong sometimes though! At what point do you decide when to get out of a trade and when to keep backing despite a drift which to some would scream non jigger today? Just wondering!

Don't bother anymore as i rarely back anything ew,seems a bit pointless nowadays trading out as i'm having such few bets but the roi is huge and strike rate.That yesterday looked different class to those,but i kept updating the thread to say i was backing it as i thought a lot of the drift was due to the jock and perhaps babby dottie not running,had a decent place bet as saver as well which i rarely do as well.The horse had so much in hand made him look half decent.

So much mug money around that it happens quite a bit on saturdays thats why i try not to take to many prices on friday nights especially on the aw as sop many punters are guessing.

1pt trade scamperdale 12/1 365 will back again if bigger!!

Will do this ew lucky 15 with 365 no singles on these as to many ? on trainers,jocks and course form!

shamo hill theatre 9/1
needwood park 12/1
buckland 9/1
scamperdale 12/1

Last edited:
Scamperdale was hampered last time out,then completely stopped in run entering the straight was beaten overr 8ls but mustv'e cost him at least 3-4ls and to make things worse if you watch replay horse was hit over the head by graham gibbons whip riding spanish plume.That was a far better race than tomorrows and looks like scamperdale maybe about to hit form,was actually second on penultimate run whern second to berlusca runner up again since to
one scoop two quite interesting that therabouts was third in that race priced at only 5/1 tomorropw yet scamperdale looks to have virtually the same form.It maybe that he actually wants further hasn't won a race since feb 2011 over 1m4fs off 88,but he has fallen to as very lowly mark of 62 and actually dropped a pound since runner up to berlusca.This race looks very competitve but he's worth a bet to see how much ability he retains and probably worth a couple more chances as he can find easier races than this to run in.

12/1 ppoower

Out at 8.6!!

Last edited:
1pt trade scamperdale 12/1 365 will back again if bigger!!

Will do this ew lucky 15 with 365 no singles on these as to many ? on trainers,jocks and course form!

shamo hill theatre 9/1 ppower 8/1
needwood park 12/1 ppower 14/1
buckland 9/1 ppower 9/1
scamperdale 12/1 ppower 12/1

Last edited:
Light burst improved dramatically as the 2012 season went on,winning by 8ls on the flat winning at wolves over 7fs then last two runs looking at the limits of his mark third to kingscroft and over the 7fs at wolves then beaten over a mile at kempton.His poly form looks as good as anything in this race but the most interesting thing has to be his pedigre out of hard spun top class poly and dirt performer with the dam out of seattle slew.He could be open to even more improvenment on this surface and even if he doesn't improve he should go on it and 13/2 would still be a fair price on the poly form.The trainers already won today with mubtadi and the same jock thomas brown he takes off 5 pound tomorroe taking him down to just 75.I experct himto be backed at these prices as i don't see how he could be bigger than 7/2 tops!
If he doesn't go on the surface then picenos run here off 75 behind fayr hall off tomorrows mark of 75 looks good and in a decent time of 1m.27.76 he could well lead and make all if light burst doesn't show.

5/1 left with 365 and lads be surprised if this isn't still well backed into fav.

11/2 ppower.

Absolutely bang on 3/1 fav out at 3.4.Good day.

Last edited:
Lots of interesting well handicapped horses on the surface tomorrow some involving violet jordan she has mc connell and on the cusp both would have chances on last years form.Our ivors in that race off my to follows i won't be backing at evens in a race like that they can win at those prices with a few of those floating around off good marks.

Light burst improved dramatically as the 2012 season went on,winning by 8ls on the flat winning at wolves over 7fs then last two runs looking at the limits of his mark third to kingscroft and over the 7fs at wolves then beaten over a mile at kempton.His poly form looks as good as anything in this race but the most interesting thing has to be his pedigre out of hard spun top class poly and dirt performer with the dam out of seattle slew.He could be open to even more improvenment on this surface and even if he doesn't improve he should go on it and 13/2 would still be a fair price on the poly form.The trainers already won today with mubtadi and the same jock thomas brown he takes off 5 pound tomorroe taking him down to just 75.I experct himto be backed at these prices as i don't see how he could be bigger than 7/2 tops!
If he doesn't go on the surface then picenos run here off 75 behind fayr hall off tomorrows mark of 75 looks good and in a decent time of 1m.27.76 he could well lead and make all if light burst doesn't show.

5/1 left with 365 and lads be surprised if this isn't still well backed into fav.

11/2 ppower.

Absolutely bang on 3/1 fav out at 3.4.

KABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: DIFFERENT CLASSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:;)

our ivor

Looks a big improver and only the 10 lifetime runs winning by 6ls last time out off a mark of 51 eased only beating the 51 rated bentley so the new mark will be interesting anything around the 60 mark could still be turn out to be lenient.The time of the race was .12 slower than dewalas handicap on the same card, but dewala has since won by 12ls off a mark of 61 this week,the time also compared favourably to the 7f handicap for higher rated horses.The new mark will be out next week and he may not be any value in same class but if stepped up in class may just be underestimated and be worth folowing short term.There maybe a possibility he's a 70 horse!!

And had an ew double with light burst with this at 11/10 once the non runners were out can't believe sp another for the to follows!!!:lol::cool::ninja:

Not a horse i've really backed as habitual slow starter and only because of the price 12/1 looks a nice trade,the fav stands out with improvement to come and been franked by horses from light from mars race.Two others o'gormans run behind noverre to go only 14 lifetime runs and still open to improvement the other would be sulis minerva the bigger priced in comparison.Sulis minerva herself has been an improver this sesson on the aw 4th to swiss cross off 85,3rd to piscean off 85 and 4th to farmliegh house off 86 if she hadn't been dropped a pound since that run wouldv'e been unable to run in this race.
Has won over this c/d off 80 last seasson by an easy 3ls in respectable time but as mentioned improved this season,i wouldn't rely on her as she misses the break to often getting to far behind but won't go off 12/1 she looks a 7/1 shot to me in this drop in grade.More of a decent trade!!

Back