Diary Of A Racehorse Owner

Good luck to you and Kri today with the intrepid BH.

And Kathy, what a kindly thought on your part to get the course to name the race after Kri's birthday. Happy birthday, Krizon!

Our best friends used to own Carvills Hill whom I'm sure a lot of people will ahve heard of and my cousin owned Harbour Pilot who was 3rd in 2 Gold Cups to Best Mate. He now owns Lord Oriel and Crooked Street (Not great yokes I'll admit).

Mrs J McMorrow (Carvill's Hil) and Kays Syndicate (Harbour Pilot)?

Cygnet, you might be able to answer my thread of last week about who is Mrs P J Conway, main patron of Jim Dreaper's yard and owner of Harcon, Saxopnone and Notre Pere?

Yeah Jim McMorrow - that's him. He has the horses in the wife's name. Kay's Syndicate is the gang from Clogherhead in County Louth who owned Harbour Pilot and have a couple now with Meade. Mrs PJ Conway? No - can't say I do. Post on TRF? What is that? Another racing site? No is the answer. Golden Cygnet is/was just my favourite horse.

Originally posted by Golden Cygnet@Jan 29 2008, 11:38 AM
Our best friends used to own Carvills Hill whom I'm sure a lot of people will ahve heard of and my cousin owned Harbour Pilot who was 3rd in 2 Gold Cups to Best Mate. He now owns Lord Oriel and Crooked Street (Not great yokes I'll admit).
I backed Harbour Pilot e/w in both those race GC, I loved that horse! Hope he has a happy retirement [he is OK isn't he? Carvill's Hill was some horse too, what Irish racing is all about, for my money

And welcome to the forum! Hope the Meade stable turns it round soon, for everyone's sake, their form must be a big worry [we have a thread ont hat btw, maybe you can keep us updated]

Originally posted by Headstrong@Jan 29 2008, 06:40 PM
I backed Harbour Pilot e/w in both those race GC, I loved that horse! Hope he has a happy retirement [he is OK isn't he?
I'm afraid not Headstrong ~ had to be put down in the Spring of 2006.

Eh?! How in the name of all that's holy can you have a pop at someone for answering a question that another poster asked?

Completely unnecessary and somewhat childish. If you have a problem with Rory, please either get it out of your system by sharing it or getting over it?

Actually Colin, I'm bemused by how Rory of all people could p*ss someone off to such an extent that they take frequent pops at him!

Thanks, Chris. Like you have said it doesn't matter what the grade but a horse winning is one of the best feelings in the world. A moment I will never, ever forget. :D

Congratulations Kathy - you went one better than ours. Very happy with Fal Agh Bagh too though

Back