Dubai Carnival 2010

Gosden on Dar Re Mi:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/mar/24/henry-cecil-twice-over-dubai

John Gosden, the trainer of Dar Re Mi, a Yorkshire Oaks winner, was a little less sanguine about Dar Re Mi's post position. "The Brits seem to be in trouble with these outside draws," he said. "I think it's a fascinating race, you've got the second, third and fifth from the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe and the second, third and fourth from the Breeders' Cup Turf. There are also fascinating form lines to the Japanese challengers, which make it a wonderful race with great depth.

"It's been a pretty tough winter for us, and particularly for a filly this comes very early, as most of them bloom when the midsummer arrives, but she's travelled fine and settled in well."

GITANO HERNANDO now nailed on: I phoned the Botti yard (I know Signore and the owner have been in Dubai with the horse all week) and spoke to MB's main lass, Jo. I told her that Marco had said that every time I wished his horses "Buona fortuna!", they'd won. So I've wished the horse 'buona fortuna' and your money is as good as in the bank!

Here goes, absolutely fantastic card. Those who crab Dubai form really need to take a second look as you have the placed horses from the Arc and Breeders Cup Classic running as well as other international stars.

I really like War Artist in the Al Quoz, he's a true group one sprinter and I think there's going to be a crazy speed duel which won't suit California Flag. Sirocco Breeze's times haven't got my juices going and I'm not sure the step back is for him. At a big price, Fravashi is interesting, he has some Austrlian sprint form and wasn't suited by the Cat Junior race lto which on my ratings was the fastest race of the whole carnival.

That leads me on to Green Coast in the Godolphin Mile who looks overpriced at 20/1, he made impressive progress late on lto in that race which suited the prominent horses. Skysurfers worries me most if he recovers from his last race but 6/1 seems fair enough.

I'm firmly against Musir in the Derby, his times are not great and I prefer Mendip. In an appealing each-way betting race I've backed the 2 fillies Raihana and Siyaadah EW as well as Della Barba. Small stakes event though.

Swerving the Golden Shaheen myself, Rocket Man should win but he's no price and Mutheeb a possible E/W but no bet.

Really think Courageous Cat is the best priced horse on the day in the Duty Free at 12s, his BC Mile run is exceptional and the form of that is way above the opposition in my opinion. Presvis, Alexandros and Good Ba Ba wouldn't get anywhere near half a length to Goldikova.

Sheema Classic screams no bet to me, no value with any of the runners and I'm firmly swerving it.

I'm on Gitano at 16s and think he's too short now so I'll be backing Allybar EW at 20/1, the form beating Presvis and Crowded House and only being beaten a length by Red Desire is enough to hit the frame in this race for me.

What happened? Missed it.

Soumillon walked back into the dressing rooms, camera in tow. Willie Supple came over, remonstrated with him and gave him a couple of shoves. Another jockey (Kevin Shea, possibly) got between them whilst Peslier looked on clearly thinking about whether to save Soumi or not :lol:

Back