Dundalk 2011

On the road. So much optimism, hopefully the bubble doesn't burst early. Come on the Balmont!!!

He has shown himself to be a bit of a pig HEZZ - his last run showed an improved attitude but 80 to me is a little high. I like Bid Bad Lily in this. Good luck my friend.

I'm keen on Solar Verde in the 8:00 - I think she's ahead of the h'capper - can anyone put me off?

Last edited:
She did well against a field of dodgepots the last day.There could be a little bit of improvement in her-I am looking at a small win only bet.

Hezz - Are Ladbrokes standing there tonight?

Sorry SlimChance, just had access to an Ipad in the car last night which subsequently packed in.

Poor night's punting. Nothing other than Balmont Mast. Had 2 of the 3 in the trifecta in the 8.30. Small stakes all night other than Fatcatinthehat, who was very disappointing. Poor crowd up there as usual. Such a pity. Great facilities!! Good track, good racing.

Dundalk has turned into a graveyard for me 3 out of the last four weeks. Last year it was a gravy train - what's changed???

Is Bannock really a 112 animal can anybody tell me...if he is he wins if not Noctural Affair is in with a squeak.

Ashton Rose would be a bet at anything bigger than 5/2

Overall a stiff test tomorrow night.

Dundalk 21st October

1st Race - Money for Nash's yoke Anna Montana - they have left it behind them more often than not recently - tough race - no bet

2nd Race - If Mid Mon Lady is going to win a race this year it is probably this. Bolger's and O'Briens could easily either - no bet

3rd Race - Ashton Rose is still well in despite a 7lb rise. She hacked up the last day after being quite unlucky previously and while she was the bet the last day at 8/1 i still think she's a bet at 5/2. Again Nash's is being backed but (Daisy Mountain) has had her chances and although less free than previously AR should beat her.

4th Race - Wide wide open - I may play on Duff ew at 10/1. Back over an ideal 7f he wasnt moved off 98 after his impressive conditions race win lto. The rest are much of a muchness.

5th Race Nursery - steer clear

6th Race - Siding with Nocturnal Affair here at the prices. Two horse race (famous last words) but cannot see how Bannock can be a 112 horse.

7th Race - Wide open and there will be more hard luck stories up the straight than in Stubb's Gazette. No bet

8th Race - Acushladear takes an 8lb jump which I thought was a bit severe for her C&D win last week. She has done me a couple of favours this year and cannot desert her though roughly 3/1 isnt huge.

Haven't had a chance to look through the card properly, but Flic Flac was a horse that caught my eye last week. Finishing 3rd from a wide draw, better draw tonight, this horse is on a winnable mark. Havent looked thru the competitiion tho, so couldn't fancy it with utmost confidence.

Will be having a small ew bet on Grainne Whale in the first. The draw is the obvious negative but she needs to be ridden with a bit of room around her, so being on the outside near the front, or in front wont bother her. Shes in right good tune, has ran well here before, good man up, so il have a few bob ew on her.

Will be having a small ew bet on Grainne Whale in the first. The draw is the obvious negative but she needs to be ridden with a bit of room around her, so being on the outside near the front, or in front wont bother her. Shes in right good tune, has ran well here before, good man up, so il have a few bob ew on her.

Wish the wee man the best of luck from me. She is due a turn.

Shirley Schmidt

Amazing Beauty

Knockgraffon Lad

I'm trying these three in the first 3 races and see how I get on.

Last edited:
Strange results again tonight - with the bookies now putting up the prizemoney are they involved in harrowing the track????:ninja::lol::lol:

Back