Gove voluntarily out.
Redwood voluntarily out.
Raab voluntarily out.
Cash voluntarily out.
Grayling voluntarily out.
Kwarteng voluntarily out.
Lewis voluntarily out.
Farage not standing.

The architect cu*nts of Brexit all fu*cking off out of it, before they can be held to account. Fu*ck the lot of them.

They're not the first and won't be the last to get away with murder, either.

The Horizon Post Office scandal and big pharma stitch up with the infected blood scandal show that.

Everything I'm seeing is very worrying for democracy and our democratic process. We're mirroring the U.S on that front.

Conservative MPs' abandoning ship because they know they're onto a hiding.

Pathetic isn't it.

"If we're not nailed on to win let's not bother at all", seems to be their matter of principle these days.

While no fan of this government, I'm not big on their social media haters, many of who I suspect will secretly miss being able to "hate on" their bete noirs in blue.

This exodus is yet another sign they know they're beat and a really heavy defeat - even Maria Miller in my traditionally-safe Conservative Hampshire seat is under threat - makes it likely they won't be governing the country again for a decade at least.

A chance to reverse, rather than pause (1997-2010) the steady march of Thatcherism that had been the underlying political feature of my adult lifetime.

How much richer do the rich want to be?

How much poorer do they want the poor to be?

Why are they so scared of anyone putting a bit of cash in the pockets of the poor?

They'll only spend it, anyway, it will soon be back in the coffers of the rich.

Last edited:
I don't entirely agree with that tbh.

The Sun want to back the winner, they usually back the Conservatives but, when they realise they're beat, they will switch to a moderate Labour which is miles ahead in the polls.

As in 1997 and, in all probability, in 2024.

The power of the newspaper print press is waning anyway.

Hate is a strong word indeed, Ian.

After fourteen years of these lot, I'll give the haters a bit of leeway on this subject.

Why can't Starmer keep the St George's flag flying high and proudly while introducing corbynomics at the same time? There's a thought.

I suspect that the pragmatic Starmer thinks there is a big difference between what's needed as Labour leader to win a General Election and what's needed to be an effective Labour PM after victory.

He might just be more radical than some think.

And even if he isn't he will have Mick Lynch (who I predict will be the hero of the Left the remainder of this decade) on his back every day to do a lot more than simply pause the 1979-2024 march to the right, a pause many felt was the main feature of the Blair/Brown administrations.

We shall see.

Cons and labour are as bad as each other. Reform have my vote, just a shame that Nige isn't fully committed to them

Johnson gone.
Gove voluntarily out.
Redwood voluntarily out.
Raab voluntarily out.
Cash voluntarily out.
Grayling voluntarily out.
Kwarteng voluntarily out.
Lewis voluntarily out.
Farage not standing.

The architect cu*nts of Brexit all fu*cking off out of it, before they can be held to account. Fu*ck the lot of them.
My first thought, too. You can add ‘Asamother’ Leadsom to that list, too. (Gisela Stewart having left immediately after the referendum result after she’d told everybody their energy bills would now come down).

The Sun, as per, will decide the outcome of this election.
I think they discussed this on TRIP’s a while back and said that Murdoch doesn’t exactly choose who’s going to win the next election but is pretty astute at knowing who is likely to win. Having said that, the gutter press support of Brexit enabled leave to win. I remember at the time being surprised that Liverpool didn’t follow the trend of other cities until Mike explained to me that no one there read The Sun

I struggle with the idea that Angela Rayner and Jacob Rees-Mogg are the same coin.

I've always thought the "they're all as bad as each other" stuff favoured the Conservatives as it encourages apathy among non-voters, many of who are the poorest in society and would manifestly be better off under a Labour government.

That said, maybe it's my age but I think a lot of the anti-Tory media and social media coverage is pathetic.

Sunak would have been damned for looking weak if he had waited until the autumn, at least it's a decisive move.

So what if it was raining and a tired old Blair anthem was playing in the background?

Tory plants in high viz jackets and the exodus of Gove et al doesn't look too clever, though - they aren't expecting a Lazarus-like poll recovery and tbh neither am I.

The Conservatives were unlucky to be in power during Covid, but the more their record is dug into this next six weeks, the worse it will get.

The gap normally narrows during the campaign if a government is behind, it might do here, but I wouldn't rule out it widening and a landslide the like of which we've never seen before.

It is cringing when you hear the anti lot in the media and of the coverage. It's embarrassing, especially when you hear them dribbling absolute drivel.

This will be my only post re. the forthcoming election. I'm not a member of any party but I've decided where I will cast my vote and consequently I've allowed posters to be displayed at my property + offered to leaflet drop for one party. Other than voting, that's my contribution to the debate.

Most Seats
Labour 1.06 (lowest it's traded at)
Conservatives 18

Overall Majority
Labour 1.14 (1.12 lowest it's traded at)
No Overall Majority 8.8
Conservatives 55

Source: "The Machine."

It is cringing when you hear the anti lot in the media and of the coverage. It's embarrassing, especially when you hear them dribbling absolute drivel.

Anti who?

The BBC is scandalously pro-Conservative, ITV not far behind.

In Scotland the BBC is stomach-churningly pro-SNP.

In what way, DO? I just don't understand how the BBC, (can't speak for Scotland, mind), could be described as scandalously conservative, and I'm not a conservative cheerleader either.

The biggest recent example of the BBC not being pro conservative, was/is probably not describing Hamas as a terrorist organsation. The government would have wanted them to do so all day long.

Maybe their actual issue has been trying to be so impartial that they actually look too easy on whoever the government of the day is.

I get that. But scandously conservative? Again, please explain. This makes no sense.

Last edited:
Everyone seems to think the BBC is biased left or right, depending on their personal point of view. That tells me that they are doing a good job of being unbiased.

Re the pro SNP thing, that's just rubbish, they were partially responsible for the independence vote going the wrong way.

Anti who?

Although I have a view, I try to be fair and tbh I think many Labour voters think the BBC is pro Tory, many Tory voters think the BBC is pro Labour and the fact the BBC is disliked by both sides probably means they are getting it about right in terms of neutrality.

In the partisan minds of many, if you're not obviously on their side you must be on the other lot's side.

Edit: Didn't read Simmo's post when posting - gigantic snap, agree 100%.

Trouble is you won’t convince anyone on either side that it’s reasonably neutral. :) Bit like trying to convince a Trump supporter that he didn’t win the election.

Anti who?

Was in response to the previous post about anti-Tory media and social media coverage.

We are not blessed with leaders or oppo which is a shambles. Some of the next lot about to take over don't fill me with confidence either. We also have Ed Davey waffling on aswell. The shambolic SNP spouting drivel aswell.

I suspect that the pragmatic Starmer thinks there is a big difference between what's needed as Labour leader to win a General Election and what's needed to be an effective Labour PM after victory.

He might just be more radical than some think.

And even if he isn't he will have Mick Lynch (who I predict will be the hero of the Left the remainder of this decade) on his back every day to do a lot more than simply pause the 1979-2024 march to the right, a pause many felt was the main feature of the Blair/Brown administrations.

We shall see.
Trouble is you won’t convince anyone on either side that it’s reasonably neutral. :) Bit like trying to convince a Trump supporter that he didn’t win the election.
Brilliant.

Back