Election 2024

Are they really on top salaries when you look at what many earn in the private sector nowadays?

And do all 650 of them deliberately lie and mislead?

It's the Conservatives - no one else - that have been in power these last 14 years, so I'd at least give some of the alternatives a chance before tarring everyone at Westminster with the same brush.

MPs' salaries are indeed generous, as are their expenses and on top of that a lot of them do earn substantial salaries/monies via other jobs/interests.

Is every single one of them a liar who deliberately misleads? I would be indeed horrified if that was the case and I do know of at least one that I believe is honest and doesn't mislead, to the extent that they left their party to go independent because the party wanted to renege on promises the MP had made on their behalf to constituents.

There certainly wouldn't be enough of them, though.

At 25, the MP for Nottingham East is the youngest in the House of Commons, and was dubbed "Baby of the House" after entering parliament aged just 22 in 2019.

It's not just her age that sets her apart from her colleagues – Whittome also gives half her salary to charity.

Nadia Whittome, the MP above says:

"I take home £35,000, that’s a lot more than I was ever raised on, it’s still plenty to live on," she said.

"But the suggestion that £82,000 is not enough for for people to live on is just ludicrous.

"It puts us in the top 5% of earners.”

13 (unlucky for some) days to go to Polling Day, and the latest updated poll-of-poll numbers have things getting even worse for the Conservatives as they have the Liberal Democrats now the Official Opposition....

Most Seats
Labour 1.02
Conservatives 75
Reform UK 85

Overall Majority
Labour 1.05
No Overall Majority 28
Reform UK 110
Conservatives 230

Conservative Seats
50-99 2.2
100-149 3.65
0-49 5.8
150-199 10

Conservatives to lose 201+ Seats: 1.11

Labour Seats
450-499 2.22
400-449 2.9
350-399 8.8
500+ 13

Source: "The Machine"

Latest (20th June) BBC Poll Tracker
Labour 41%
Conservatives 20%
Reform UK 16%
Liberal Democrats 11%
Green 6%

Electoral Calculus User-Defined
Seats Prediction Based On Above

Labour 482
Liberal Democrats 60
Conservatives 57
Reform UK 3
Green 2

Labour Majority: 314
Ten days to go to Polling Day, and the latest updated poll-of-poll numbers are virtually unchanged, with only Reform UK making headway....

Betting

Most Seats

Labour 1.01
Reform UK 100
Conservatives 120

Overall Majority
Labour 1.04
No Overall Majority 29
Reform UK 130
Conservatives 250

Conservative Seats
50-99 2.14
100-149 3.85
0-49 6.2
150-199 10.5

Conservatives to lose 201+ Seats: 1.11

Labour Seats
450-499 2.26
400-449 3.05
350-399 8.2
500+ 13

Source: "The Machine"

Latest (24th June) BBC Poll Tracker
Labour 41%
Conservatives 20%
Reform UK 17%
Liberal Democrats 11%
Green 6%

Electoral Calculus User-Defined
Seats Prediction Based On Above

Labour 482
Liberal Democrats 60
Conservatives 57
Reform UK 3
Green 2

Labour Majority: 314

Last edited:
The recently deceased Frank Field MP
They were discussing Frank Field on TRIP’s and, much as they respected him said that when he was elevated to a cabinet position he found it difficult having to then toe the party line in everything. I guess it comes with the territory. For what it’s worth I think our Labour candidate is great and I trust her totally. Just hope she can overturn a 20,000 majority. The Conservative MP’s that I did have a certain amount of faith in either left because of Johnson or were thrown out by him. He lowered parliamentary standards so much that people forget it wasn’t always like that.

In the brilliant "I, Claudius," Augustus Caesar (Brian Blessed) once ranted: "Is there anyone in Rome who hasn't slept with my daughter?"

Is there anyone standing for Election Thursday week who hasn't had a bet on it?

Not only immoral, but incredibly stupid about leaving a trail.

My map appears different to Euro's but my position on the graph is very close to the crosshairs of the axis, close to where Labour is in Euro's map but it said my politics are closest to Alba's.

I wouldn't go near Alba with a barge pole, or at least while Salmond is in charge. I know someone who worked in the parliament when he was first minister and she was told when she started to make sure she was never in a room with him alone.

I remain totally politically homeless given that most parties are bought and paid for unless they are too small to be propositioned and bribed.

I haven't posted a numbers update because there's been negligible change, but I do think support for Reform at this Election might have peaked at 17% as it's been back at 16% the last two days now.

I haven't posted a numbers update because there's been negligible change, but I do think support for Reform at this Election might have peaked at 17% as it's been back at 16% the last two days now.
I think that’s down to Farages’ comments re Putin! Mind you it’s in my best interest for people to vote for Reform even though I would have a Dr Strangelove moment if I tried to vote tactically for them.

The LibDems might be the opposition. Labour and LibDems have always got on really well together round here ( apart from the coalition debacle) so PMQT will be like a love in! I might even start to miss the heady days of Johnson and Bercow etc. Then again I won’t have to risk throwing things at the telly. A dear departed friend of mine kept a supply of rolled up socks in the living room so he could throw them at the tv without doing any damage. If, heaven forbid, Farage does win Clayton I might keep a few just in case.

After the referendum I now have little faith in our electorate to do anything sensible.

I'm clinging to the hope that a majority of them will have cottoned on to the fact they were deceived about it and have learned not to trust anything the tories say.

I wonder how far many Conservatives candidates would have got in life if they'd had Angela Rayner's start in life?

I've got nothing but admiration for the lady and I'd rather have people like her running the country than people like Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Back