Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Be interesting to see if she is able to produce anything like herself. So often outstanding Mares/fillies struggle at stud and IIRC there is a physical reason for it.

Quite right she has been retired. I wouldn't go to Kingman myself.... I think sometimes good/very good mares get the 'blame' when they don't produce anything decent but I do think a lot of it is down to dodgy stallion choices.

Was at Ascot for her first 2 King George wins

Last years was the greatest race ive ever seen on a racetrack, Might Bites RSA a close second:D

Retired when she's at a prime age to go novice hurdling!

Seriously though, Khalid Abdullah deserves real credit for keeping her racing as long as he did. We got an extra year from Frankel too. Although he'd have had a right shout in the Triumph if they'd done the really sensible thing. :D

Last edited:
Nothing ever beats The Biter's RSA for a heart-pumping, rush. :thumbsup:
Native River completely broke him in the Gold Cup. I thought he'd go on as a second season chaser, and perhaps win the Gold Cup, but he's looked out of love with the game since that day. How and where Nicky will campaign this season I really don't know.

Wichita was PTS following complications after surgery to repair a hind leg fracture he incurred whilst exercising in Australia.

Native River completely broke him in the Gold Cup. I thought he'd go on as a second season chaser, and perhaps win the Gold Cup, but he's looked out of love with the game since that day. How and where Nicky will campaign this season I really don't know.

He's still banging on about the horse loving cross-cuntry racing.

Which probably means he's trying to get it into the National off 145...

Yep, terrible shame. On first viewing I was hoping he’d just downed tools and refused to jump the fence, but sadly not. Tough old game isn’t it sometimes…

Utterly tragic news from the Racing Post. Seven horses have been killed as a result of a lorry fire on a motorway in France en route to Spain having been purchased at the Horses in Training sale in Newmarket. They include Wise Council. Three horses were saved including Mexico City, and are being treated for their injuries.

Utterly tragic news from the Racing Post. Seven horses have been killed as a result of a lorry fire on a motorway in France en route to Spain having been purchased at the Horses in Training sale in Newmarket. They include Wise Council. Three horses were saved including Mexico City, and are being treated for their injuries.

Oh how dreadful :(

In brighter news, Apples Jade, in foal to Walk in the Park, is off to the sales.

Anybody up for a Forum syndicate to buy her?

Derby winner Anthony Van Dyke was pts after fracturing a fetlock in the Melbourne Cup. It’s not got a great reputation for fatalities has it?

Aiden O’Brien must be wondering about the sense of sending any over - he can’t beat Joseph and he loses one often. Such a shame seeing him pull up like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back