Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Battlegroup gave his owners great fun running at the top festivals from Cheltenham, Aintree , Listowel and Perth and Ayr to name a few.
He made 44 racecourse appearances and was in the money 25 times.
The Jolly Boys had a jolly old time following him around the islands.
Hope the lads get their hands on one as good again; they were a tonic to meet racing.

Sad to hear that Arvika Ligeonniere suffered an injury at Fairyhouse (when winning) and may not race again.

Last edited:
Oh bolloxsy bollocks. Hopefully he will make a good recovery and at least have a fab retirement, he doesn't strike me as a sitting in a field type of horse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Rocco at Haydock today. Very sad, and I thought that we were past the days of horses breaking down on the flat at Haydock :(

Very sorry to hear that-a serious racing presenter from a time in the recent past before dumbing down became a reality.

10269616_10152191130733821_5242544379851487444_n.jpg

Fantastic horse, and what he might have achieved if he'd been with a decent trainer his whole career.... (IMO) so glad he's retired sound and that he has a long and quirky retirement.

Nx

Fantastic horse, and what he might have achieved if he'd been with a decent trainer his whole career.... (IMO) so glad he's retired sound and that he has a long and quirky retirement.

Nx

Agreed, I very much enjoyed his twilight career after he moved to Nicholls

Shame that they ran him in the Scottish National though - I suspect he would have hacked up today .

Back