Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Artful Lady at Warwick.

Quite appalling and a horrible all too predictable fall for the horse- Warwick always turns into an ice rink when it rains on good to firm ground. The meeting should have been cancelled from word go .

There are serious questions about JCR's failure to deal with this repeated problem.

I didn't think there had been many. Clearly the trainers were happy to run their horses, I was just wondering why there was this latest assertion that it was predictable, the meeting should have been cancelled.

Maybe it's Tom Queally's fault...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark of Esteem at 21. :(

And Da Do Run Run who was in Biran Meehans box accident has a fractured skull and pelvis and is still in hospital very ill.

I didn't think there had been many. Clearly the trainers were happy to run their horses, I was just wondering why there was this latest assertion that it was predictable, the meeting should have been cancelled.

Maybe it's Tom Queally's fault...

Why do you think Ryan Moore doesn't ride there any more ? It has a history of problems after rain on summer ground . For an incident involving the death of a horse I am surprised you think it appropriate to make such a weak and unfunny joke .

Then stop being ridiculous and pretending you know/care far more than the trainers and owners who are happy to run there. Its not a nanny sport, if trainers and owners aren't happy, they don't run. If jockeys aren't happy they refuse to ride. I'm not going to carry this on on here - it's not the point of this thread. Plus I really can't be arsed to waste my time - I've got much bigger things to think about than your silly attempts to look clever.

Back on topic - the girl who had Blowing Wind will be devistated - I met her a few years ago and she absolutely adored him, he was a lovely chap. RIP :(

Blowing Wind pts at 21years.

Shame.

I remember Martin Pipe telling Planet Earth and the galaxy beyond, that Blowing Wind would win the County Hurdle, when interviewed after a winner on the Wednesday (might have been Champleve or Unsinkable Boxer or another yoke of the same era).

I believe I may have backed Mr Percy. :blink: :mad:

A cliff horse for me was Seebald

RIP fella

Fond memories of BW winning the County Hurdle as I backed him on course. My mates were keen to leave and beat the traffic but waited for me to collect. By the time I'd done so we ended up stuck in a massive jam. Also the time AP remounted him to finish 3rd in the Nash

Berkshire will not return to action until at least the back end of the season after undergoing colic surgery.

What happened to him? I was hoping to see him run at Nottingham but he got injured. Mind you, thinking about it it was a few years ago so I'm hoping it was old age.

Back