Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Amberleigh House has died aged 25 after colic complications.

I saw him a few times in his retirement at the National Stud, he was a great draw there and seemed to love the attention. He certainly loved Polos!

What a star this horse has been. Great to go out on a win. You can see what he's meant to the owner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost certainly there has been an underlying problem hence the refusing to race. Horses know even if they don't necessarily show obvious symptoms!

Almost certainly there has been an underlying problem hence the refusing to race. Horses know even if they don't necessarily show obvious symptoms!

I must admit that it's an aspect of our sport that I've always been uncomfortable with
Mad Moose was a classic recent example, if a horse doesn't want to race, then don't race it,right?

There was a good horses about 30 years ago trained by Nick Gaselee, think it was called Private Views? Anyway it went from being a winning machine to refusing regularly and running out when near the stables. Then it dropped dead of an aneurysm. It knew!

There was a good horses about 30 years ago trained by Nick Gaselee, think it was called Private Views? Anyway it went from being a winning machine to refusing regularly and running out when near the stables. Then it dropped dead of an aneurysm. It knew!

Yes remember him, not quite 30 years maybe 25.

Menorah the highlight of the day for me. He, his win today and his connections sum up everything I love about NH racing.

You know I put Menorah up today as a good thing and never gave a second thought to his age.........tbh I doubt if Menorah thinks he's a 12yo and would have been happy to come back for round 5 next year.

However all good tings must come to an end and 4 Oaksey's is something to be well proud of. Happy retirement old bean

Last ran (and fell) 7th April 1990

Roger Varian's stable star Postponed has been retired after suffering a stress fracture.

Last edited:
Back