Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

Yes, I think it happened not too long after the yard lost Brindisi Breeze in a freak accident (and also the tragic death of Campbell Gillies)

Ahh - that would explain why I’d missed it - BB and Campbell did kind of take over everything for all the worst reasons around that time :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willie Mullins trained Allaho has had a slight setback and will not appear until Christmas time as he sustained a minor foot injury when pulling off a shoe.

Very sadly I had to have Tajjree put down last week after she sustained a high pelvic fracture slipping in her stable. Even though I appreciate that they are repairable to a certain degree, it would have meant a six week box rest and even then a decent repair wasn’t certain. She wouldn’t have coped with being stabled for long anyway.

She gave me and Network Racing so much pleasure not least when she won at Wolverhampton. For a filly that only cost me 800 guineas, she didn’t owe me anything. She had three foals in her retirement- a full TB colt who is now somewhere in Dorset hunting, a Welsh Cob cross 3yo filly which has gone to Cheshire and a Welsh Section B cross yearling which is being retained for breeding by the stallion owner (she would have made a top class show pony but got badly cut in wire).

She was a real Jekyll and Hyde - a real sweetheart and fantastic to deal with on the ground and a proper cow to ride! I have the remains of a badly broken collar bone from one of her exploits. She deserved to win more really as she was tough as nails.

Setback for Tiger Roll. Potentially straight to Cheltenham.

Oh no!! Hopefully he makes a good recovery.

Sorry to see that @Jinnyj - I know how special she was to you.

Rock my style died after pulling up at Exeter yesterday - sounds like a heart attack from the post I saw about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back