Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

A horse at our yard had an operation for removal of a lump, which was basically fatty tissue wrapped round some nerve ends, in his intestine with 15 feet removed. He had a cardiac arrest during the op, they brought him back, and he had to have a massive blood transfusion and he survived all that ( he was 17), looked to be doing really well the next day but the vets said they couldn't control the pain, and they were throwing every at him and nothing was having an effect, and he just couldn't cope with it. Sometimes with colic they think a third op is just too much. Bless him, and our Harvey, desperately missed.

Think the stable lost Kylecrue at Wexford a few months back. Both horses gave their all, every week they ran.

Invictus Spirit has apparently been put down after his win today - I didn’t see it, but they said he went wrong after the line? Went off in the ambulance to see if he could be treated but sadly no good. Such a shame :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a real shame. They're an exciting bunch of second season staying chasers this season, and this is not the news we want.

Chilli romance injured today, retires to the paddocks :)

Also Primogeniture from the Keightley yard RIP :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The stiffest track in Britain, but great viewing and good facilities, it is a shame to see Towcester closing. I also have personal reason to remember the place with affection thanks to Bally Conn, the first horse I ever had a share in, winning there on debut. Several others from here were involved as well.

There is a question for the BHA about what has happened to the video archive for races held there, they don't seem to be available on ATR any more.

Back