Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

After her lacklustre run at Gowran Park on Friday our syndicate has decided to retire Getaway Gorgeous from racing. She won four races for us, one of them a Listed hurdle, and was second in seven others, including a Listed bumper. She had a touch of class and did us proud. She returns now to her breeder, and I hope she rewards him with some talented progeny.

C1C37241-834A-4FDF-89CE-2B37D65A5033.jpeg
Lovely to see 2011 Arkle winner, Captain Chris, this morning enjoying himself on a fun ride that I was stewarding in Somerset. He looked in fantastic condition under his rider, Kelsey Bielby (they also rehomed Monkerhostin).

“Ed Walker has called time on the racing career of July Cup hero Starman after a minor setback ruled out a potential swansong on Qipco British Champions Day at Ascot this weekend.”

Fujaira Prince sustained an injury on the gallops this morning and sadly was pts :(. Really sad. He was such a lovely honest horse.

Just heard. I really loved him when he was racing in the U.K. He had a quirkiness about him that I liked. Awful.

Pigeon Island died last week -gave me a great day when winning his Grand Annual -tipped him strongly here and to my mates who were drinking in the pub at 40/1.When I arrived in the pub later the atmosphere was electric -a work colleague of my brothers was there -he hadn't backed a winner all week before the Pigeon. He insisted on buying me a pint and we sat down for a chat -he started to tell me about a horse his father had a share in -his trainer insisted he was the best horse he had eversat on.....

Back