Euro 2016 betting thread

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
Haven't seen him mentioned yet but I like the look of Marc Janko each way for top goalscorer at a general 50-1 with most firms. (Just noticed he's also tipped on Oddschecker) He's 26 from 51 in internationals and got plenty for FC Basel this season. He got 7 in qualifying and along with Alaba, Arnautovic and Harnik can spring a surprise with Austria in a group with Hungary, Iceland and Portugal. The latter will either flop or Ronaldo will run riot in the group stages and score for fun. I can see Austria either winning the group or finishing 2nd and Janko could be good for a few goals versus Hungary and Iceland at least.

England coached by Laurel & Hardy..........no thanks

i was at the Portugal game last week (thank god it was a freebie) and it was completely deflating. Liking woy, which most do, is one thing but whether he's what we need is another. As ever you get a far better sense of the side watching live and the bizarre deployment of Kane and vardy made no sense

if a manager can't put out his first and proper formation in the last friendly then I don't know what he's doing. Kane taking corners ffs

as an aside I thought shearer was a genuinely great player but please can someone saw his head off. On radio 4 this morning it was inarticulate cliche heaven droned out in that dreary monotone. He sounds like he's giving you a speeding ticket

Which is a total mistake. He's not such a stand out for England in the manner of monkey face for Wales. I'm not anti Rooney in any sense but you build a team not accommodate one player unless that player is truly streets ahead of the rest. Rooney isn't

A friend of mine has 2 tickets to the Euro 2016 final and has just realised it's the same day as his wedding so he can’t go.

If you are interested, it's at St. Mary's Church, Sheffield and the girls name is Julie (everything is paid for.)..!

Which is a total mistake. He's not such a stand out for England in the manner of monkey face for Wales. I'm not anti Rooney in any sense but you build a team not accommodate one player unless that player is truly streets ahead of the rest. Rooney isn't

None of it matters Clive.
Roy is totally incompetent and he will ruin a great group of young players.
I can't believe England has let him stay in the job......he is hopeless

Rooney should be on a beach.....far, far away from France!!

Last edited:
That was the best I've seen England play in an opener since they tonked the French in '82. That said there were weak links (Sterling) which we cannot afford in later rounds.

Agree. Good memory and maybe even better than that when an early goal kick started the performance

i wouldn't be too harsh on sterling. Bit of confidence that's all.

alli and Rooney were superb. Very excited by that

Why was Kane taking corners?
Sterling has been to Jesus Navas crossing bootcamp and Lallana has no end product.
The performance didn't warrant the result.

I don't get it either but aren't we just quibbling? There was a fizzing energy about the team and tremendous self belief. There is some terrific talent developing and you can bet that no other team watching that would relish playing England now. Including monkey face and his mates

said it before but it's a huge credit to a very often wrongly maligned player that Rooney played in that role as if he born to it. Showed terrific intelligence and composure. When you think at how cack handed and downbeat some players have been when asked to fit into a slightly different position (scholes springs to mind) it just shows his class

i know some posters on here can't have him but not me.

The only issue with the game last night was the **** poor game management by Hodgson and Neville at 1-0 up. Every man and dog could see Kane had to come off for Vardy to exploit the gaps at worse on for Sterling. That's the difference we have a manager who will always try to revert to type.
Sterling was poor and I would much prefer to see Barkley there against the Welsh however I can't see many changes if any.

Robert Lewandowski is 16/1 but the other Polish striker Arkadiusz Milik is nearly ten times his price. Lewandowski had more attempts in the qualifying games and this is likely to be replicated in the group games but are they that far apart? Lets look at their Euro 2016 qualifying stats.

[table="width: 500, class: grid"]
[tr]
[td]Player
[/td]
[td]Minutes Played
[/td]
[td]Attempts
[/td]
[td]Goals
[/td]
[td]SR %
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Robert Lewandowski
[/td]
[td]876
[/td]
[td]42
[/td]
[td]13
[/td]
[td]30.95%
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Arkadiusz Milik
[/td]
[td]745
[/td]
[td]27
[/td]
[td]6
[/td]
[td]22.22%
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Arkadiusz Milik 150/1 hit the woodwork on two occasions in the qualifiers. Here is what the comparison would have looked like had those two shots rebounded in rather than out.

[table="width: 500, class: grid"]
[tr]
[td]Player
[/td]
[td]Minutes Played
[/td]
[td]Attempts
[/td]
[td]Goals
[/td]
[td]SR %
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Robert Lewandowski
[/td]
[td]876
[/td]
[td]42
[/td]
[td]13
[/td]
[td]30.95%
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Arkadiusz Milik
[/td]
[td]745
[/td]
[td]27
[/td]
[td]8
[/td]
[td]29.63%
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Should one player be 16/1 and the other players150/1? If the market thinks that Lewandowski is third favuorite for the market based on their opponents and likely amount of games than perhaps the 150/1 should be closer to 50/1.

If anyone sees a Top Poland Goalscorer market than please post a link as he is likely to undervalued in that market too.

Did anyone take my advice?

A lot of these early games are scrappy. I've banked on both the games on which I've had a bet being tight and opted for a value angle. So far it hasn't paid off but it will be a touch unlucky if one of them doesn't produce an upset.

I thought Romania had more chance of pulling off an upset the other night than either NI today or Ukraine this evening yet they were 11/1.

I've gone for the draw this evening at 100/30.

Back